Madonna on Ellen: continued

I doubt Madonna will perform Cherish especially since she proclaimed it as one of her most retarded songs ever :lol:

I know, but the quotes gave me hope.

And she's the retard for hating on it. It's fabulous. Plus, MIWTF - (mermen i want to fuck)

I WILL FUCKING D-I-E IF SHE PERFORMS CHERISH... THE CLASSIC THAT HAS ONLY BEEN PERFORMED ONCE, IT IS ONE OF MY TOP 5 ALL TIME FAV MADONNA SONGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I doubt Madonna will perform Cherish especially since she proclaimed it as one of her most retarded songs ever :lol:

I don't think anyone outside her fanbase really remembers it do they?

I WILL FUCKING D-I-E IF SHE PERFORMS CHERISH... THE CLASSIC THAT HAS ONLY BEEN PERFORMED ONCE, IT IS ONE OF MY TOP 5 ALL TIME FAV MADONNA SONGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

^ Let's make out... NOW!!

YES. She'll be performing TWO songs tomorrow, one of which is "Take a Bow." This is confirmed by Ellen's website:

"Plus, Madonna Week concludes with another amazing performance by the pop superstar… MADONNA will "Take a Bow" with one more epic tune!"

You will “cherish" every moment this Friday on Ellen!

LINK: http://www.ellentv.com/episodes/jim-parsons-bridgit-mendler-and-madonna-performs-again/

Preview: http://www.ellentv.com/videos/0_i5ewtbfd

That is NO confirmation!

"Cherish" was high on Billboard's recurrent airplay charts for years. I still hear it in grocery stores.

Also, I misread that Ellen website teaser that I posted -- "Take a Bow" is not confirmed. Jet lag. Everyone can yell at me for getting their hopes up. :(

"Cherish" was high on Billboard's recurrent airplay charts for years. I still hear it in grocery stores.

Also, I misread that Ellen website teaser that I posted -- "Take a Bow" is not confirmed. Jet lag. Everyone can yell at me for getting their hopes up. :(

We hate you and you are FLUSHED!!!

(unless you're hot!)

No, you good. TAB is been on this thread to be played since forevers.

I think it's in bad taste…especially on American daytime TV. There's no real reason to show it; I don't get what it really has to do with the song either. Just controversial for the sake of being controversial.

No, not controversial for being controversial at all. The lyrics of Ghosttown are all about holding on to each other when everything falls down and gaining strength from that. I understand if people don't want to be reminded of it in America, but it does fit in and has a reason. Ghosttown is a beautiful song with poignant and hopeful lyrics. Maybe it is too sad and tragic for people to be reminded of so it might be wise not to show it but I do not think it is controversial or in bad taste at all.

Sloane ! To quote John McEnroe "you can't be serious" :lol: Cherish is one of Madonna's most loved songs by the general public. I know a lot of "casual" fans who love her music but aren't huge fans like us who always mention Cherish as one of their favourite songs. It is such a joyous and happy love song. Constantly hear it on the radio as well on the "older" stations when I turn them on.

No, not controversial for being controversial at all. The lyrics of Ghosttown are all about holding on to each other when everything falls down and gaining strength from that. I understand if people don't want to be reminded of it in America, but it does fit in and has a reason. Ghosttown is a beautiful song with poignant and hopeful lyrics. Maybe it is too sad and tragic for people to be reminded of so it might be wise not to show it but I do not think it is controversial or in bad taste at all.

Sloane ! To quote John McEnroe "you can't be serious" :lol: Cherish is one of Madonna's most loved songs by the general public. I know a lot of "casual" fans who love her music but aren't huge fans like us who always mention Cherish as one of their favourite songs. It is such a joyous and happy love song. Constantly hear it on the radio as well on the "older" stations when I turn them on.

Yea - what are you only supposed to remember it on the remembrance day anniversary? And then only with no context or application to any sort of art layered meaning beyond the surface? Our world is turning into the world she's singing about. Although I do think idiots would get on her about because they don't understand.

^ Let's make out... NOW!!

That would be great!!! 😊

Yea - what are you only supposed to remember it on the remembrance day anniversary? And then only with no context or application to any sort of art layered meaning beyond the surface? Our world is turning into the world she's singing about. Although I do think idiots would get on her about because they don't understand.

Oh yeah, and that ghosttown performance...

tumblr_mx5x347TFC1qlxwl3o1_500.gif

Fucking magical.

tumblr_mx5x347TFC1qlxwl3o2_r1_500.gif

It has truly become one of her greatest TV perfs of all time.

I'm so emotional right now.

I know I'm late, as usual, but I cried during GT today. It was beautiful. My Mom, who'd never even heard the song, said she really liked it.

Oh yeah, and that ghosttown performance...

Fucking magical.

tumblr_mx5x347TFC1qlxwl3o2_r1_500.gif

It has truly become one of her greatest TV perfs of all time.

I'm so emotional right now.

Oh, snap. Dropping some Jacki Weaver when we weren't looking.

my mom really liked JOA

if its not dress you up in those bathrobes tomorrow and rumors saying she filmed it in private, lets hope its something worth all this shit in this thread, lol.

That is NO confirmation!

Yeah, I don't think it's saying that she's going to perform Take A Bow. I think it's just playing with words/song titles (like they always do), and the TAB reference might be because it's the final performance on Ellen.

Just because it says "Take A Bow" is no confirmation that she's going to perform it... If that was the case, then "it's confirmed" that she's doing Cherish too... and we all know that it's not going to happen.

And don't get me wrong.. If she does TAB I would seriously have a heart attack. And even if she does Cherish with Ellen in the bathroom, that would be out of this world.

"Plus, Madonna Week concludes with another amazing performance by the pop superstar… MADONNA will "Take a Bow" with one more epic tune!"

LINK: http://www.ellentv.com/episodes/jim-parsons-bridgit-mendler-and-madonna-performs-again/

Maybe she's doing Amazing and Superstar too? :madgemanson:

YES. She'll be performing TWO songs tomorrow, one of which is "Take a Bow." This is confirmed by Ellen's website:

I can DIE tomorrow (but I hope I don't) if TAB and FUCKIN CHERISH are sung! :drama:

They are top 7 Madonna songs for me and I wish I could call child services for neglect of these babies. :americanlife:

I can DIE tomorrow (but I hope I don't) if TAB and FUCKIN CHERISH are sung! :drama:

They are top 7 Madonna songs for me and I wish I could call child services for neglect of these babies. :americanlife:

:smile::lmao::lmao::lmao:

I don't think we're getting more than the bathroom karaoke session. Otherwise they would've have shown it in the preview like they did for the other performances. Dress You Up... perhaps Take a Bow or Cherish.

That would also tie into the idea that "the audience was told that she sang TAB, but behind closed doors" or whatever awkward language was used.

If you die, I will fucking kill you!!!

Just saying.

When 911 happened, America was the most united. The images of 911 should serve as a reminder of that!! There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. Those of you who say it's in "bad taste", no offense, but you don't know life and you're shallow!!

Now! The performance of Ghosttown on Ellen was absolutely incredible! This never happened to me, but I actually cried watching her sing this beautiful song. That moment when she got on her knee, and sang with eyes closed, was super magical. As she got up and bursted into the chorus I had goosebumps all over my body. Notice how the crowd cheared!! Her vocals and emotions were spectacular!! Goddess!!