Madonna on Ellen: continued

It went from being the song with the most hit potential to completely forgettable. I think after the leak Madonna felt she had to change it, unfortunately it lost a lot of it's momentum. A remix performance of this song I feel could really take off, the consensus from the leak was nearly universal acclaim.

i don't know about that. The truth is the avicii version, while great, doesn't fit with the album sound.

It went from being the song with the most hit potential to completely forgettable. I think after the leak Madonna felt she had to change it, unfortunately it lost a lot of it's momentum. A remix performance of this song I feel could really take off, the consensus from the leak was nearly universal acclaim.

Actually, the album version is closest, if not the same, to the demos prior to the Avicci version....so she actually kept it to the original form.

i don't know about that. The truth is the avicii version, while great, doesn't fit with the album sound.

I agree with you. I think Hold Tight/Devil Prays production on the Avicci version would have really sent this song into the stratosphere.

It definitely needed an update in sound.

Actually, the album version is closest, if not the same, to the demos prior to the Avicci version....so she actually kept it to the original form.

Yes true, but the first version we all heard was the Avicci version with WAOM. I still feel the chorus in that version is just absolutely euphoric and sounds like a classic Madonna chorus melody hook only the way she can write em.

Yes true, but the first version we all heard was the Avicci version with WAOM. I still feel the chorus in that version is just absolutely euphoric and sounds like a classic Madonna chorus melody hook only the way she can write em.

I really agree. I love the whoosh and energy of the demo version. That part is missing in the album version but either way I love the lyrics. So personal to M and yet so relatable at the same time. Rebel heart is just a straight up awesome song all around.

Guest bluejean

Yes. It's the best song she's done in ages. Probably in my top 10.

I think neither the original leak or the final version do it justice though. Why wasn't it given a makeover like most of the others?

Yes. It's the best song she's done in ages. Probably in my top 10.

I think neither the original leak or the final version do it justice though. Why wasn't it given a makeover like most of the others?

I agree! A remix collection of this song alone is in order!

Guest ditaluver

Omg they did edit the 9/11 footage from the backdrop

I saw the footage when it aired

Once it came on though, they zoomed in for a close up during the whole thing

A friend of mine (M fan) told me that she did not like 911 footage being used for GT today. It seemed to turn her off.

I doubt most people would feel it's in bad taste, but I do feel it's questionable because the images are extremely powerful & people are still traumatized by the attack.

A friend of mine (M fan) told me that she did not like 911 footage being used for GT today. It seemed to turn her off.

I doubt most people would feel it's in bad taste, but I do feel it's questionable because the images are extremely powerful & people are still traumatized by the attack.

I think it's in bad taste…especially on American daytime TV. There's no real reason to show it; I don't get what it really has to do with the song either. Just controversial for the sake of being controversial.

Wow at this Ghosttown performance . She's really giving us all her time best !

I think it's in bad taste…especially on American daytime TV. There's no real reason to show it; I don't get what it really has to do with the song either. Just controversial for the sake of being controversial.

And can we stop talking about it? It can be easily spread through twitter if some troll is reading this.

Wasnt tomorrow's show taped already? Is she singing TAB?

YES. She'll be performing TWO songs tomorrow, one of which is "Take a Bow." This is confirmed by Ellen's website:

"Plus, Madonna Week concludes with another amazing performance by the pop superstar… MADONNA will "Take a Bow" with one more epic tune!"

You will “cherish" every moment this Friday on Ellen!

LINK: http://www.ellentv.com/episodes/jim-parsons-bridgit-mendler-and-madonna-performs-again/

Preview: http://www.ellentv.com/videos/0_i5ewtbfd

I was floored by Joan of Arc, but this performance of Ghosttown is absolutely one of the all time best live vocals of her career. Stunning mix of technical achievement and fierce emotion. Killer dress and hair once again. I live for Madonna the singer in this kind of stripped down setting, relying on nothing but the voice that is the ultimate root of her success.

My fellow Madonna fans,

I hope we all realize how blessed we are to have this God-given GIFT in our lives (Thank you KatyPatra for helping me realize that she is a gift) The Rebel Heart era has given me such LIFE and more. She is giving us her all and I am dancing, crying, rejoicing, living, dying and being resurrected again. These Ellen performances have been amazing...I mean, a FULL week of performances and skits. Seeing her peform "Ghosttown" again is just :cries:

I love Madonna forever. :bow: :bow: :bow:

Oh, I'm touched :inlove: glad to be of help for you in seeing Madonna in a brighter Light! ♡

YES. She'll be performing TWO songs tomorrow, one of which is "Take a Bow." This is confirmed by Ellen's website:

"Plus, Madonna Week concludes with another amazing performance by the pop superstar… MADONNA will "Take a Bow" with one more epic tune!"

You will “cherish" every moment this Friday on Ellen!

LINK: http://www.ellentv.com/episodes/jim-parsons-bridgit-mendler-and-madonna-performs-again/

Preview: http://www.ellentv.com/videos/0_i5ewtbfd

TWO SONGS?...really?...hope another song from Rebel Heart and an oldie (wish it were two from the album though)