Detroit - Oct.1st - Joe Louis Arena

iasonas

I agree that some of the crowd could have been more into it. There were definitely people who were going nuts, but there were a lot of subdued folks too. My friend and I were on the floor for the first time and it was a dream come true for us, but the guy next to me looked miserable before the show even started. He was sitting at least half the time, and watching the screens almost the rest of it. The only time he watched the stage was when she was directly near us, and I don't think i saw him smile once. Just seems like such a waste when there are people who would give just about anything to be that close to her and to make it a celebration. That for me is the point of any show, to watch an artist you love and to come together with loads of people to have a party to celebrate that. Like she said in Truth or Dare, "if you're not there to have a good time, what's the point?"

I agree that some of the crowd could have been more into it. There were definitely people who were going nuts, but there were a lot of subdued folks too. My friend and I were on the floor for the first time and it was a dream come true for us, but the guy next to me looked miserable before the show even started. He was sitting at least half the time, and watching the screens almost the rest of it. The only time he watched the stage was when she was directly near us, and I don't think i saw him smile once. Just seems like such a waste when there are people who would give just about anything to be that close to her and to make it a celebration. That for me is the point of any show, to watch an artist you love and to come together with loads of people to have a party to celebrate that. Like she said in Truth or Dare, "if you're not there to have a good time, what's the point?"

^ La Vie en rose with dedication to Lola ... so sweet!

What a dull crowd. Must be something about Detroit because even the crowd for Drowned World was terrible. :lol:

And you see the people getting up walking around to go to the bathroom or whatever. I swear during her MSG show I didn't see ANY areas empty out at all. It was like all eyes were glued to Madonna from start to finish.

Oh dear....

Madonna's Daughter -- Drinking At Mom's Concert Because ... Well, Her Mom's Freakin' Madonna!

http://www.tmz.com/2015/10/03/madonna-daughter-drinking-concert-rebel-heart-lourdes

She's a college student! What college student doesn't drink beer?

The platform did not go up nor down during Like a virgin

thanks for posting that! but how does she get underneath the stage to change to the next outfit?

She's a college student! What college student doesn't drink beer?

well she is still a minor here. but in other countries you only have to be 16 to drink. But yes tons of college students drink she's going to be 18 this month I don't see why TMZ is making this a big deal.

well she is still a minor here. but in other countries you only have to be 16 to drink. But yes tons of college students drink she's going to be 18 this month I don't see why TMZ is making this a big deal.

Legally, you are supposed to be 21 in the US to drink beer. But everyone in college drinks beer and they aren't 21 yet. I did!!

I think Madonna has a good attitude towards drinking. She said she didn't tell Lourdes not to drink which would be a waste of time, but to do it responsibly and never take a drink that you don't see made in front of you and don't mix alcohols in one drink. So I think Lourdes will be fine!

thanks for posting that! but how does she get underneath the stage to change to the next outfit?

She probably took the side stairs she uses in DYU.

More importantly, why did no one in Detroit record the full Frozen performance in one video/audio?? :mellow:

Yeah, come on! There's no videos whatsoever! It's almost worse than Boston.

Legally, you are supposed to be 21 in the US to drink beer. But everyone in college drinks beer and they aren't 21 yet. I did!!

I think Madonna has a good attitude towards drinking. She said she didn't tell Lourdes not to drink which would be a waste of time, but to do it responsibly and never take a drink that you don't see made in front of you and don't mix alcohols in one drink. So I think Lourdes will be fine!

the 21 limit is for purchasing only and is enforced nationally, but there are many many states that have exceptions for consumption, i dont think Michigan is one of them tho :lol: didn't bother googling it

the 21 limit is for purchasing only and is enforced nationally, but there are many many states that have exceptions for consumption, i dont think Michigan is one of them tho :lol: didn't bother googling it

I did not realize that, until I looked it up. You learn something new every day! But you are right that 21 is the age for purchasing. Some states prohibit consumption to people under 21, but some don't and some of the ones that do allow you to drink if your parent is present. I looked it up and Michigan isn't one with the consumption exceptions even if your parent is present. So I guess it was sort of illegal. Oh well!

Yea. i remember the interview where M said to Lola don't mix alcohol and drugs and be responsible. Madonna knows she drinks anyways. I think she will be fine too these tabloid's just like to make a big deal out of things.

More importantly, why did no one in Detroit record the full Frozen performance in one video/audio?? :mellow:

I will admit that when she started singing it, I was so startled that I was half fumbling for my phone to record it and half freaking out. I only recoded a few seconds because I wanted to fully focus on it. I was just seriously so shocked that I wasn't thinking clearly and I figured someone else would for sure record it all. But I should add - she didn't sing the full song, only a bit of it. And most of the end part was her having the crowd sing with her, so I don't think there's much footage that you haven't seen. It was all a blur!

Is it some American way to be so damn uptight and morally judging to drinking some damn alchol at 18?! I don't get it... Its The same with nudity. :D Weird :)

She'll need to more careful at a Lana del Ray/Courtney Love event. :p Last summer was the first and only time I've heard of minors getting arrested for drinking at a concert...

I dont know the arrangements in US, but in Australia, even though the dirnking age is 18, you can drink under age if supervised by a parent. So technically, Lola would be OK as Madonna was there the whole time.

Is it some American way to be so damn uptight and morally judging to drinking some damn alchol at 18?! I don't get it... Its The same with nudity. :D Weird :)

But they so happy owning guns :lol:

The story about Lola drinking is starting to get picked up... I guess it might become the first 'controversy' of this tour...

If Lola was drinking heavily and doing other stuff like running backstage past security for more beer even during her mother's lovely words of dedication as some have said it is pathetic and distracting but obviously that is part of the image she is trying to create. :/