Detroit - Oct.1st - Joe Louis Arena

iasonas

Guest bluejean

do you think she knows how many fans want her to play take a bow?

She probably does but she also knew fans wanted True Blue, Who's That Girl and Deeper and Deeper. She cannot do everything everyone wants.

AND even though everyone is begging for Take a Bow it's actually not really a fan favourite imo. I've read many people on here say they don't like that song. I believe when Whoop did his big voting poll some time ago it was not in the top 100.

Guest bluejean

I want acoustic version of Angel please

Yes please! She should change it every show :lol:

Crazy For You

Angel

Cherish

Oh Father

This Used To be My Playground

Bad Girl

I'll Remember

Secret

Take a Bow

You'll See

The Power of Good-bye

What It Feels Like for a Girl

Nothing Fails

Get Together (acoustic would be amazing)

Falling Free

Joan of Arc

She probably does but she also knew fans wanted True Blue, Who's That Girl and Deeper and Deeper. She cannot do everything everyone wants.

AND even though everyone is begging for Take a Bow it's actually not really a fan favourite imo. I've read many people on here say they don't like that song. I believe when Whoop did his big voting poll some time ago it was not in the top 100.

Yeah I think a lot of fans dislike Take A Bow because it's "too mid-90s Babyface" many fans detest her AC period anyway...

Crazy For You

Angel

Cherish

Oh Father

Bad Girl

I'll Remember

Secret

Take a Bow

You'll See

The Power of Good-bye

Nothing Fails

Falling Free

Joan of Arc

Yes! Let's bombard Montes IG :lol:

Guest bluejean

I know she did Like a Prayer a zillion times now but I've never seen her live and it's my favorite song so I would very much love to hear Like a Prayer in Toronto. And I'm sure that will be dull crowd :lol:

Crazy For You

Angel

Cherish

Oh Father

Bad Girl

I'll Remember

Secret

Take a Bow

You'll See

The Power of Good-bye

Nothing Fails

Falling Free

Joan of Arc

Yes! That's what I said upthread. It would be such a treat for the die hard fans to see a surprise song in every city!

God, I'd want tickets to every show then ... (My poor bank account.)

I know she did Like a Prayer a zillion times now but I've never seen her live and it's my favorite song so I would very much love to hear Like a Prayer in Toronto. And I'm sure that will be dull crowd :lol:

I saw Reinvention in Toronto and the crowd was crazy. I recall one of the dancers later telling a fansite like DrownedMadonna or Madonnarama that Toronto was the best stop on the tour because the crowds were so wild. (And Atlanta the worst :chuckle: )

Oh dear, i just had a horrible thought that she will include Spanish Lesson in Barcelona

CryPleaseNo.gif

this is my biggest fear in cologne """"" I will get a meltdown if she do it

I saw Reinvention in Toronto and the crowd was crazy. I recall one of the dancers later telling a fansite like DrownedMadonna or Madonnarama that Toronto was the best stop on the tour because the crowds were so wild. (And Atlanta the worst :chuckle: )

I'll never forgot that M (I think personally said herself!) along w/ the media and fans said that Fort Lauderdale, Flo-riDUIh was hands down the worst...like really, really bad lol (sorry Ai Papi Si ;P ). Nothing at all personal. As in u could hear pin drop and that she performed to a bunch of corpses lol. It was either Re-Invention or Confessions. Was basically more than confirmed it was her first and last time she'd ever return lol! I'd get it was like Orlando or Tampa or just about anywhere else in FL lol but Fort Lauderdale has a huuge gay community and is just 30/40 min away from Miami!

What a night!!!

Everyone left VERY happy and satisfied. Unlike with Sticky and MDNA. Both EPIC tours, but issues with the venues, lateness, weird setlists resulted in many people leaving dissatisfied from the venue. She was on stage at 9:30, people loved the setlist, everyone could enjoy the show, even the people by the ceiling. Lol. So glad all of Europe is going to see her in arenas this time.

She spoke so much and looked so happy. I couldn't believe it. My highlight was her happiness and how much she seemed to enjoy it. The nature of the show made her look like she is a human being with feelings too, friendly, sociable and fun. The media loves that. MDNA was a very aggressive tour and made her look very bitchy and mad. Us fans know that was just a role for the show because it had violent sections, but for the general public the whole aggressiveness combined with the fact that they had to wait until 10:30 - 11pm for the show to start made her look like a mean bitch who doesn't care about the audience. I don't know if you understand what I'm trying to say. RB tour is just easier for the general public to digest. It's pure fun with some love related emotional parts.

The stage is definitely cheaper compared to the past 3 tours, but the cheaper production makes HER the epicenter of the show.

To summarize, epic setlist, everyone leaves very happy, SHE IS HAPPY, a flawless and drama-free tour.

I cried during Frozen! It came after a very emotional speech by her about her family, her childhood, how Detroit shaped her etc.. Epic moment.

From the clips I saw the Detroit crowd was okay/good at times. Nothing special but nothing bad kind of like DC. Average and forgettable. Positively Montreal and MSG had waaay superior crowds.

LOVE the fact she's so UN-regimented w/ this tour and not at all taking herself seriously and randomly singing songs that have been blacklisted forever (that fans still adore). Just singing a single note from TB or WTG confirmed this would be very, very different. As recently as her last tour looked like there wasn't even a 1% chance she'd even acknowledge them ever again in any way lol. I'd come to close to a coronary if she dug real deep and sang Gambler!! If she could do Burning Up, why not Gambler. She positively would kill it. It's very guitar oriented and could def. roll w/ it acoustically! Of course would love CAC (though still don't think she's ever gonna go there again). I adore the song and think fans would lose it if she even just tried but it's just soo dated, forgotten by non hardcores (even as big as it was worldwide). Simply dunno what she could do nowadays to make it work :/ Besides, Gambler would rather her flush TAB and revisist *You'll See, I'll Remember* and maybe TUTBMP (maybe for a few shows...that's it) just to randomly represent i.t

I'll never forgot that M (I think personally said herself!) along w/ the media and fans said that Fort Lauderdale, Flo-riDUIh was hands down the worst...like really, really bad lol (sorry Ai Papi Si ;P ). Nothing at all personal. As in u could hear pin drop and that she performed to a bunch of corpses lol. It was either Re-Invention or Confessions. Was basically more than confirmed it was her first and last time she'd ever return lol! I'd get it was like Orlando or Tampa or just about anywhere else in FL lol but Fort Lauderdale has a huuge gay community and is just 30/40 min away from Miami!

I have no allegiance to Fort L, but it also doubles as a retirement community. Probably why it was dead. She still visits South FL on every tour tho. Just saying.

But hey, call me when she visits SOUTH CAROLINA! Who knows, with her visiting Tulsa, she may be in the mood to play for fat hicks this year!

Yeah I think a lot of fans dislike Take A Bow because it's "too mid-90s Babyface" many fans detest her AC period anyway...

Yes. Signed! lol. I know same tired story.. she def. needed to 'clean things up', do damage control and kind of play it safe/sell out a bit after Erotica but that entire mid 90s 'Babyface, Dallas Austin etc...' sound is soo not Madonna. It's def. equal to what Timbalend and JT did to her with Hard Candy. Was like the producers were the star/singers 'feat. M'. Music may have been sedating for a short period and was Toni Braxton-esque and even boderline Mariah like :# but she needed to do it and got her biggest #1 out of it!. Only song out that mid 90s AC period You'll See is def. the biggest gem. Totally classic, ALL Madonna ballad. David Foster provided a very Pat Leonard style production. They obviously worked mutually on that song vs. TAB which was 100% Babyface. That, followed by STR/ Evita (again zzz but all *needed* to revive her again w/ the GP) which allowed Ray Of fcking Light to happen! :D

I have no allegiance to Fort L, but it also doubles as a retirement community. Probably why it was dead. She still visits South FL on every tour tho. Just saying.

But hey, call me when she visits SOUTH CAROLINA! Who knows, with her visiting Tulsa, she may be in the mood to play for fat hicks this year!

haha. Far as South FL I think she only does Miami...period lol. Wonder why on earth she's doing Tulsa. Maybe it's the most liberal/semi blue/ least redneck, white trash part of the state? I didn't know there was ANY part of OK where that existed lol. Hoping that lovely female governor who gets multiple orgasms over botched executions doesn't get word of Ms appearance there! ;8D

haha. Far as South FL I think she only does Miami...period lol. Wonder why on earth she's doing Tulsa. Maybe it's the most liberal/semi blue/ least redneck, white trash part of the state? I didn't know there was ANY part of OK where that existed lol. Hoping that lovely female governor who gets multiple orgasms over botched executions doesn't get word of Ms appearance there! ;8D

South FL= Miami. everyone from Palm Beach all the way to the Keys convenes to go see Madooner in Miami when she comes.

And I'd wager that Tampa and Orlando crowds would be just fine. They're cities with a very young population.

She spoke so much and looked so happy. I couldn't believe it. My highlight was her happiness and how much she seemed to enjoy it.

To summarize, epic setlist, everyone leaves very happy, SHE IS HAPPY, a flawless and drama-free tour.

I cried during Frozen! It came after a very emotional speech by her about her family, her childhood, how Detroit shaped her etc.. Epic moment.

I couldn't agree more, especially with the bolded. It was very special.