Is RH the new Erotica?

There are some sexual songs like Erotica but to me it's closest in feel to American Life. It is probably one of her least club/dance influenced albums with lots of ballads and mid tempos. It's actually a little underrated by critics but loved by fans.

Chart wise and indifference to a degree most def. lol but (NO book, movie :( ) **Nothing will ever cum close to the uproar, legendary Skankywhoredonna era in every way like E did! :inlove::inlove:

I think MDNA was more like Erotica in that there was a lot of controversy and she was getting beat up in the press quite a lot. Also, a lot of people referred to it as the return of Dita. She has a softer image for RH so far.

Madonna was complete media onslaught from 89-92. Just complete and total over exposure by the time of Erotica, and that was another reason for backlash. Right now she is doing a lot of promo and it can be hard to keep up as a fan, but even someone who hated her probably couldn't escape a single day of her 89-92.

Elements of Erotica and Bedtime Stories in the music and image a little, which is a great underrated era to pull from, but this era is about a revolution of love. So not for me.

No. Erotica was more sophisticated. That's not a stab at RH. The RH "sex" songs, i.e. HW and S.E.X., are more tongue-in-cheek.

And the rest of the RH songs are in a class of their own.

Well since a lot of people have mentioned MDNA brought a massive backlash similar to Erotica, maybe RH is similar to Bedtime Stories in terms of where she's at? Picking up the pieces? Maybe next we'll get a STR 2.0 and everyone will love her again?

Yeah me and my stupid questions lol Of course there is no second versions with Madonna. Rebel Heart is brand new Era a new beginning and at end of its own. Let us enjoy! Oh btw I got tickets for the tour I'm sooo exited!!!

So far I think it's more like BS. And if GT becomes a big hit then the similarities will increase. BS had the rebel (Human Nature) and the heart (LTTWM, TAB) and it was a transition album. I really think RH is here to help her regain her status as a trendsetter and her next album will be her biggest commercial and critical acclaim for this decade. There will be lots of goodwill coming from this era and that will translate into a better reception of her next project (unless they mess up the tour which I find unlikely).

It reminds me of Erotica in spirit.

And Bedtime Stories. A little bit, yes. Along with the sound of the album (more R&B/Hip-Hopish) and the art direction.

I'm in the minority, but I do get similar vibes (at least in the work and art). Other than that, no. Erotica era was in a league of its own for many, many reasons...

But ultimately it is its own era.