The REBEL HEART Tour itinerary and status summary

mtzlplk

I think there will be a 2nd leg only because the album has so many songs to be performed and the only way she can split those fairly with older songs is to do a 2nd leg... maybe even a 3rd leg...Lest not forget that the catwalk has an eerie resemblance to Miguel's 3rd leg.

Guest Hunterlas

Praying we get an email on Monday from ICON announcing new dates (second nights) and giving us presale codes for the week!

Suck it nypost!

:chuckle:

Well the NY Post is hardly a reliable publication

Very tabloidsy, so that was predictable

Every year they say the same things, she's not selling she's not selling and BAM

I think there will be a 2nd leg only because the album has so many songs to be performed and the only way she can split those fairly with older songs is to do a 2nd leg... maybe even a 3rd leg...Lest not forget that the catwalk has an eerie resemblance to Miguel's 3rd leg.

:rotfl:

And not to be a Debbie Downer but that concertbank article looks to be kinda phoney. Did a search for it on google and it's sources are kinda suspect. Not to mention all the grammatical mistakes

Did Sticky count as 2 tours? The contract was for 4 tours, no?

S&S counts as 1 since it's one tour and not two. The 2007 contract was for three studio albums and 4 tours. The albums are used as a vehicle for the tours/merchandising/licensing etc etc. S&S was tied to her last WB studio release HC even though she's been working with Live Nation way before the 2007 360 deal. So to recap she's at her second album and at her third tour with RH :thumbsup:

That's what I originally thought until Billboard recently stated that RH is her last tour under her deal.

So maybe they are wrong?

I know but I wouldn't rely much on that March 1st Billboard article as it's poorly written/researched and full of mistakes. As surprisingly most articles from major media outlets can be these days

When Fogel began working with Madonna in 2001, though she was already an international star, she was not known as a particularly active touring artist. "She was probably the most under-played superstar ever," :blink:

Rebel Heart will be Fogel's fifth tour with Madonna (his sixth)

The artist will then head to the U.K. and Europe :semifunny:

One thing we are actually not sure about is whether Sticky and Sweet counts as two separate tours because of the later extension in early 2009 but I really doubt that's the case, simply because the tours are built around the studio album releases and Sticky and Sweet was tied to her last WB studio release so it wouldn't make sense for her to have a deal with both LN and Universal (on the distribution front) for three studio albums and then have no tour for the third studio album that's still due after RH because supposedly the second part of S&S would count as a tour on its own

Madonna’s So-Called ‘Flop Tour’ Adds Several Dates Due To High Ticket Damand

madgelate1-665x385.jpg

It’s almost a given. Every time Madonna goes out on tour, critics claim she is flopping, ticket sales are low, etc. In 2008, several outlets predicted that Madonna’s deal with Live Nation would go bankrupt because she was failing to sell out every single seat six months before the Sticky & Sweet Tour. According to MTV, Madonna ended up ranking $408 million on the tour — the most ever by a solo artist.

In April of 2012, the New York Post published an article repeating that Madonna and Live Nation were doomed due to supposed poor ticket sales and album sales. Last week, the same publication wrote a hit-piece that actually claimed Madonna should call her tour “Like a Has-Been.”

“But tickets are not selling as briskly as for her ‘MDNA’ tour in 2012, leaving thousands of unsold seats in the eight North American cities that began selling tickets on March 9. In 2012, Madonna reportedly sold out Yankee Stadium in 20 minutes, prompting concert promoter Live Nation to add a second date at the 60,000-seat venue.”

While it’s true tickets aren’t moving as fast as her last tour, it appears that the New York Post reported completely inaccurate information. As Billboard reported at the beginning of 2013, Madonna sold around 79,000 tickets for both shows at Yankee Stadium. This shows that, like most stadium shows, Yankee Stadium usually holds a maximum of 40,000 per show.

However, there is another blow to the credibility of the New York Post article. Several second dates at venues across the world have been added. According to Madonna’s website, dates have not only been added all over Europe, but also in North American cities such as Miami, New York City, Toronto, and Edmonton. It’s a well-known fact that concert promoters would not risk adding second dates at certain venues if the first ones weren’t selling very well.

Perhaps people just want to see Madonna fail. Madonna, herself, thinks a lot of it has to do with a combination of ageism and sexism. Madonna has spoken out against those issues in a recent interview with Rolling Stone.

“It’s still the one area where you can totally discriminate against somebody. Because of their age. Only females, though. Not males. So in that respect we still live in a very sexist society.”

n the same interview, Madonna wonders why there is a backlash against people who make racist or homophobic comments, but ageist comments are completely acceptable. Does Madonna have a point? Let us know in the comments section.

it doesn't appear here yet... have you read it somewhere?

https://vipnation.com/tours/madonna/rebel-heart-tour/

http://www.madonna.com/tour

Wasn't there a tweet or something, can't find it now. It states that due the high demand additional dates are added to NY, Trn, MI and Chicago. But I suppose I have been only dreaming or something :D Or miss-read something :)

To be fair to that Billboard piece (though the rest is questionable), there was that 8 year gap between GS and DWT.

She hit the road non stop at regular intervals between 1985 and 1993. She was a touring force way before Fogel and LN, having collected some of the best touring stats of the 80s and early 90s

And she was the first woman to fill a stadium on her own at 29. They should have mentioned the 8 year hiatus and limited it to that. They make it sound as if she had never seen a stage before Fogel came on board :lol:

When Fogel began working with Madonna in 2001, though she was already an international star, she was not known as a particularly active touring artist. "She was probably the most under-played superstar ever,"

French newspaper reports that Madonna will open her Rebel Heart Tour in Bordeaux, May the 18th!

mado_post.jpg?itok=vtKLsFGy

http://france3-regions.francetvinfo.fr/aquitaine/2015/04/01/la-benediction-de-madonna-pour-le-nouveau-grand-stade-de-bordeaux-695555.html

That's some good April Fool's Day joke :laugh:

Guest Hunterlas

Antwerp got cancelled apparently.

apparently??? are you really gonna make us ask you... whatever, nevermind dude.

I don't know. Someone posted it on my facebook. I'm not sure if it's an April fools joke or if she's serious cause she doesn't seem like the type to joke.

Guest Rachelle of London

Don't believe that foolishness guys! The Antwerp show is still on sale. Ridiculous

"This will also be the third -- and, presumably, final -- tour by Madonna under a 10-year multirights deal she inked with Live Nation in 2007,"

Wait, so is this her last tour under the deal???????

it is the third but it surely isn't the final one... the contract was for 3 studio albums and 4 tours... the first one covered the tour for Hard Candy...