Do You Think We'll Ever Get Another Documentary??

tasteinmen

So I'm watching 'I'm going to tell you a secret' and I'm really taken in by her, she's so down to earth, funny, full of wisdom, outspoken and genuinely interesting to watch, I love that it follows the same format as Truth Or Dare, love the black and white and the performances from Reinvention tour scattered through out the film. She also looks amazing!!!

I think it's great to see how Madonna has progressed so much since the early 90s and I'd love to see how she's progressed since 2004.

Would anybody be interested in another documentary? Would there be enough ground to cover whilst avoiding repeating herself? Do you think it's likely to happen?

Guest bluejean

I don't think she'll do another documentary in the same format. Been there done that. They'll definitely be something though at some stage but who knows what.

I'd actually like to see an authorised doco documenting her whole career. Imagine something like The Beatles Anthology with interviews, performances etc. Ugh. My bottom hurts just thinkin' about it!

After she divorced Guy, this has always crossed my mind.Her 'documentaries' cant conclude her and Guy living happily ever after in 2004, a 3rd one should be in the works for RH Tour or the next tour

Would love to see glimpses of a normal family day with her and all her kids now

If she was serious about writing her memoirs, then I think she'd save it all for her memoirs from now on.

I agree. But I would love if she could write an autobiography or memoir sooner. Does she have to wait until she's in her 80's or 90's? After reading her mini autobiography and Harpers Bazaar and listening to the Howard Stern interview, I think a book by her would be fascinating. I'm excited for it. I want it sooner rather than later!

I agree. But I would love if she could write an autobiography or memoir sooner. Does she have to wait until she's in her 80's or 90's? After reading her mini autobiography and Harpers Bazaar and listening to the Howard Stern interview, I think a book by her would be fascinating. I'm excited for it. I want it sooner rather than later!

I'm torn. I think it would be fascinating, as you say. But a part of me likes the mystery and mystique of not knowing exactly what happened or what she has has thought about the events throughout her life.

I've never understood IGTTYAS to be honest . It had its moments but it was pretty boring .

I would like to see what her life is like as a single mother of 4 while trying to maintain her global domination as a superstar .

Guest whatatramp

I'm torn. I think it would be fascinating, as you say. But a part of me likes the mystery and mystique of not knowing exactly what happened or what she has has thought about the events throughout her life.

same

I'd actually like to see an authorised doco documenting her whole career. Imagine something like The Beatles Anthology with interviews, performances etc. Ugh. My bottom hurts just thinkin' about it!

yeah and not one thats gonna gloss over bedtime stories or american life :dramatic:

She could write an autobiography like Katharine Hepburn's 'ME' ...casual,upfront and straightforward,it was like having Ms.Hepburn talking right in front of you.I thought reading it would diminish the mystique of KH but it just did the opposite

Yes: the sit-down comedy will be in colour and the backstage stuff in black and white. :stir:

She actually mentioned the sit down "comedy" thing in another interview, I think it was pitchfork. There she said she would also play songs on a guitar with one or two other musicians and tell funny stories in between the songs. So it's not just a comedy show but mixed with her music. I think that would be an amazing show. Sort of like the old Storytellers thing they used to have on VH1.

I would love a an-depth documentary about the development of a tour.

The selection, design, rehearsal and production process would be so fascinating.

THIS. I would love this!!!!

I also agree that the instagram account is kind of a '3rd' documentary of sorts.

But I do see her doing at least one more. I think she has to be in the right space to have cameras follow her around again.

MDNA Tour would have been perfect though. So much controversy on that tour. Oh well.

That's an interesting point, but I think it really depends on how it's done. I definitely want her to do something in book-form though (and I don't mean children's books or anything like SEX').

I would love a an-depth documentary about the development of a tour.

The selection, design, rehearsal and production process would be so fascinating.

Absolutely. The past docos have been about things WHILE the tours were happening. I would be soooo interested in a doco about the actual show - the process of rehearsing songs and deciding what songs to include, designing the stage (how amazing would that have been for MDNA), putting the dances together, screens, behind the scenes of making the show work, etc... It would be good to remind people that M is an entertainer and her job is actually hard work.

I think if there's ever a farewell tour she'd do a documentary for that one. It'd make the most sense and really be a nice bookend to her touring career.

I dont understand? M will never retire, never stop.

I think is very likely that a new documentary could be in the works for the Rebel Heart Tour. She is right now riding a wave of positive vibe from the public and the media. I'm sure she wants to milk this era as much as possible and now we are at 10 years since her last documentary, people are again interested on her private life, she is single again and living in the US, add to the mix the ageism issue, her teenager kids, her struggle to keep her crown dealing with multiple copycat wannabes, social media fever, instagram, endless controversies, then you have a great material to cover.

I dont understand? M will never retire, never stop.

I think you have to be pretty delusional to believe that…she'll never stop being in the public eye but she won't continue touring forever. It's pretty clear there's other things that she's more interested in doing these days than touring. I'm sure she'll continue to perform and do smaller shows and all that but I don't see her doing giant arena spectacles that we've been used to forever and ever.

Guest Rocco Papa

Does anybody remember the nearly 30-minute documentary that was a bonus on the S&S DVD? I think it's possible that she'd do something like that again. However, I doubt that she would want to let cameras into her private life again. That worked with Truth or Dare and IGTTYAS, because people's privacy wasn't being invaded at the level it is now. I think she might do another one in the vein of Sticky & Sweet, where it just focuses on the show, but nothing about her personal life.

She didn't seem thrilled about the idea in the Anderson interview she did for W.E.

Something that might be cool is if she did a web series on her YouTube channel during this tour. She could have a camera crew follow her around and they could edit little webisodes each week or something. We could see what goes on at different stops on the tour.

Something that might be cool is if she did a web series on her YouTube channel during this tour. She could have a camera crew follow her around and they could edit little webisodes each week or something. We could see what goes on at different stops on the tour.

That sounds like a fun idea. I would love that!

I don't think she'll do another documentary in the same format. Been there done that. They'll definitely be something though at some stage but who knows what.

I've always salivated at the thought of a Madonna Anthology.

Then I remember that The Beatles' release was the result of years of hard work and research by a passionate, intelligent and knowledgeable team along with the remaining members (who were mostly just interviewed and had final approval over what was included).

On our end we have Guy Oseary. :manson: Let's wait it out and hope she moves on to a new, more capable team at some point before they tackle another career-spanning project for Madonna.