Madonna on Jonathan Ross - tonight! [new thread]

This was a great interview! It was light, breezy and full of the charm offensive. She wasn't taking herself too seriously and was able to laugh at herself about the fall. It also highlighted how hard she works, with great live vocal perfs. This is the innate charisma she has so much of and I think what most people love about her. We as fans may want to hear deep insights about various things, and there is a time and place for that type of interview. But for most people, they have their own problems and serious stuff to worry about all the time, they just want fun and entertainment when watching a show like this. This is what helps sell albums! I hope there is more of this M when she does the Ellen show!

Apparently 2.68m tuned into the first airing last night - the highest figure of the series so far, no surprise.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a635487/the-voice-uk-drops-to-series-low-of-67-million-on-bbc-one.html#~p71dQPGoGroTOW

Great!

What's your source though to say it's the highest of the series so far?

Here it says it had 4 m in december 2013:

http://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/ratings/jonathan-ross-enjoys-best-series-yet-for-itv/5064777.article

Guest whatatramp

So many people have asked if I saw it today, I went round my mum's earlier and she had recorded it for me to watch lmao

Guest whatatramp

OH AND DID MADONNA REALLY SAY "YOU'RE TERRIBLE, MURIEL"??????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, I didn't hear it

Has it been mentioned about her not knowing the word 'perculiar'?

I was surprised about that especially as she's lived here but it did make me laugh.

I think it's great promo and at least the album is out which it wasn't for MDNA. We only got the name revealed at that point.

What a beautiful woman she is! Idk how those Loose Cunts could find ANYTHING "cold" about her in this interview. She was pure class, wit and she IS funny........and oh yeah, she just so happened to give 2 killer performances. How does her voice get BETTER over time??? That is so unheard of. I could just gush gush gush......she's amazing, I love her. Even if she never released another song I cared for again, she's got a lifelong fan.

I was surprised about that especially as she's lived here but it did make me laugh.

I think it's great promo and at least the album is out which it wasn't for MDNA. We only got the name revealed at that point.

I think she knows the word peculiar, I think she honestly thought he said......mercubia.....lol.....was that the word?? I know a lot of Americans are idiots, but I'd like to think most of us know what peculiar means....lol. :p

What a beautiful woman she is! Idk how those Loose Cunts could find ANYTHING "cold" about her in this interview. She was pure class, wit and she IS funny........and oh yeah, she just so happened to give 2 killer performances. How does her voice get BETTER over time??? That is so unheard of. I could just gush gush gush......she's amazing, I love her. Even if she never released another song I cared for again, she's got a lifelong fan.

:clap:

She knows the word peculiar... she misheard him and thought he said "macubia" (not a word) and then figured out it was "peculiar" instead.

She knows the word peculiar... she misheard him and thought he said "macubia" (not a word) and then figured out it was "peculiar" instead.

yes she does... she asked "Did you just say peculiar?" that means she, very well, knows it...

Has it been mentioned about her not knowing the word 'perculiar'? I was surprised about that especially as she's lived here but it did make me laugh. I think it's great promo and at least the album is out which it wasn't for MDNA. We only got the name revealed at that point

What do you mean by "especially as she's lived here"?

They use the word "peculiar" in North America as well :lol:

I love Ross

He's funny, intelligent, charming and his inability to enunciate words properly makes him even more likeable

:rotfl::thumbsup:

Finally watched it just now. Fantastic interview! So fun and playful. LFL remix performance is TIGHT! I love the choreography. And of course she looked stunning. I don't have anything to add that hasn't already been said. What an era.

Her face looks very Virgin Tour in this photo.

madge750.jpg

madonna_virgintour.jpeg

another good interview and great performances.. I think the Ghosttown performance here was very emotional and much better overall compared to the Canal+ and that LFL perf - WOW Madonna from Girlie Show is back!

Ghost town is the best performance ive seen on this promo tour. She is beaming throughout - it looks so sweet! That final hand pump into the air is amazing. she looks so relaxed and calm.

This is a strange thing to say but does anyone else think her shoes play a big part in how her performance goes? When she is tottering around in heals, she seem nervous and static (like on the italian stv show). for this shes wearing boots (and wedges for the LFL performance), and i think it makes a big difference. she is much more sure footed, and it seems to affect her overall confidence!

Great performances and interview. What a great time she seems to be having. Ghosttown should become a Madonna classic, it really is up there with her best work.

I'm so ecstatic with her interviews so far this era. She's so calm. I can't stop smiling while watching this woman. Also the performances are really spot on!!!