Madonna on Jonathan Ross - tonight! [new thread]

Guest Rachelle of London

The interview has worked wonders for her! Everyone's loving Madonna! Go on twitter! So much love for her! Even from little monsters

The interview has worked wonders for her! Everyone's loving Madonna! Go on twitter! So much love for her! Even from little monsters

Searching the comments only one out of thirty commebts are negative. Even my sister who was an 80s Stan, stated she loved her again

7 reasons everyone really loved Madonna on the Jonathan Ross Show

Tonight’s episode of the Jonathan Ross Show was indisputably ruled by one guest and one guest only – the Queen of Pop herself, Madonna. She breezed her way through the interview with total class and humility, giving a flawless performance at the end of the show.

And viewers loved her on Twitter. So why exactly were we all fawning over Madge? Here are seven very good reasons.

1. Her straight-talking, no-nonsense manner, for starters.

2. Not to mention her eternally youthful good looks.

3. We were also loving her impressively accurate British accent.

4. She summed up what “family” should mean pretty accurately, and we all applauded.

5. Maybe also because she’s got buckets of talent.

6. Or because she makes us hark back to our teenage obsession with her.

7. Or just because she’s one of the few remaining living legends of our time.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/leisure/showbiz/11857014.7_reasons_everyone_really_loved_Madonna_on_the_Jonathan_Ross_Show/?ref=twtrec

7 reasons everyone really loved Madonna on the Jonathan Ross Show

Tonight’s episode of the Jonathan Ross Show was indisputably ruled by one guest and one guest only – the Queen of Pop herself, Madonna. She breezed her way through the interview with total class and humility, giving a flawless performance at the end of the show.

And viewers loved her on Twitter. So why exactly were we all fawning over Madge? Here are seven very good reasons.

1. Her straight-talking, no-nonsense manner, for starters.

2. Not to mention her eternally youthful good looks.

3. We were also loving her impressively accurate British accent.

4. She summed up what “family” should mean pretty accurately, and we all applauded.

5. Maybe also because she’s got buckets of talent.

6. Or because she makes us hark back to our teenage obsession with her.

7. Or just because she’s one of the few remaining living legends of our time.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/leisure/showbiz/11857014.7_reasons_everyone_really_loved_Madonna_on_the_Jonathan_Ross_Show/?ref=twtrec

she is the most un-pretentious DIVA in interviews...

Loved the interview

She was lovely.

And that video was amazing!

My nephew is 17 and was going on about recording the interview . His girlfriend said he burnt her a cd of all her songs.

Bless

Guest Rachelle of London

I was looking for one and found this instead..

:rotfl:

The poor dad!!! Look at him! The wife is a fan obvs! :lmao:

I realize that the grand public does not see Madonna the way we see her because they don't follow her and don't watch her every interviews in every country so they stick to her image which is very distorted : controling, unfunny and cold. In this promo tour she's showing them a side we all knew about her for years. Sometimes when friends and family describe Madonna to me it's like they are talking about a totaly different person, more like a fantasy of what they want (need?) her to be. I'm glad she's showing her true self, she's allowing people to really see her. She must be fed up with hearing how people perceive her and probably her close friends and family must be telling her the same ( i know Rosie always brings it interviews, that she's not what people think she is).

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/tv-and-radio-reviews/11472696/The-Jonathan-Ross-Show-Madonna-Special.html

The Jonathan Ross Show: Madonna Special, review: 'fascinating to watch'
At 56, the Queen of Pop still has presence and charisma - and possesses far more natural beauty than unflattering paparazzi photos suggest, says Isabel Mohan
star_3.5_styleNewPortal.png
jonathanross_3232700b.jpg
Let's talk about Sex: Jonathan Ross and Madonna Photo: Copyright © 2015 Rex Features

By Isabel Mohan

11:39PM GMT 14 Mar 2015

comments.gif1 Comment

Not many stars are deemed important enough to get Jonathan Ross’s orange velvet sofa all to themselves; even big Hollywood stars find themselves jostling for space with boy band members and up and coming comedians.

Madonna is the exception – there might not have been nearly as much buzz around her latest album, Rebel Heart, as there was with previous works (her new single has even been rejected by Radio 1, apparently on account of her being “too old”. Ouch), but she’s still regarded as fascinating enough for a whole hour of dedicated probing from Ross.

She and Ross are a good combination – they’re almost the same age, which means he’s interviewed her at regular intervals throughout both of their careers, so there’s a little more trust and rapport than she might have with someone less established. It means he can get away with asking the trickier questions, as well as gently ribbing her. It’s fair to say she’d never put up with that from a newspaper journalist.

He began by asking her about her recent tumble at the Brit Awards, although this already feels like old news. Far more interesting was her admission that sometimes, despite her seemingly being untouchable, she does care what people think. “There are times when what people say does get to me,” she revealed. “People think I’m an armadillo but sometimes I’m wounded by things that people say.”

madonna_3232704b.jpgMadonna shows she's still got it. Photo: Rex

She also touched briefly on her failed marriage to Guy Ritchie, which she puts down to that old showbiz chestnut of busy careers and bad timing. These days she’s single and ready to mingle. “The right man would not be intimidated by me,” she said. “I’m kind of old-fashioned and I like it when someone else makes the first move”. Imagine making the first move on Madonna – surely even the most confident man in the world would have to nip to the loo at regular intervals to give himself a pep talk.

Many of her answers to Ross’s questions felt a little scripted, but she did seem to be caught slightly off-guard when asked about the current wave of somewhat clothing-phobic popstars who’ve been influenced by her success. “It's part of women’s evolution in the entertainment business,” was her slightly woolly answer. “Women are always being objectified by men, so I prefer to objectify myself”.

Even when she was talking in soundbites, she was fascinating to watch; still, at 56, possessing far more natural beauty than unflattering paparazzi photos suggest. While her two live performances weren’t hugely memorable, she still has presence and charisma – and the prospect of her doing what she bills as “sit-down comedy” in the future, in which she’ll tell funny stories over a few drinks with a live audience, sounds far more enticing than yet another album.