Why according to you Queen didnt make the album?

Sorry but this song works on so many levels: amazing lyrics, marvelous vocals, daunting music: everything is so dramatic and perfect. Why oh why it is not even released according to you?

I originally was convinced it was pulled to serve as a Spotify or Itunes exclusive. Now I wonder if it might surface as a b side to Ghosttown or whatever the third single is.

While I love the song, the lyrics are quite dark. It feels like M reflecting on her career and acknowledging to an extent that she's perhaps no longer the music force she once was in terms of sales and charts. Maybe I'm reading too much into it but the whole 'your queen's been slain - she'll never rule again' seems to be almost admitting defeat, making way for the new, albeit inferior, pop tarts! I also think this is the exact reason she didn't include it seeing as this album is almost a reassertion that she's far from finished. Maybe in the end she felt it didn't fit the triumphant message of Rebel Heart.

Just my theory!

It's BLAND! are you kidding me? I actually am really satisfied with all the tracks chosen for their respective editions. The fillers and "not so strong" tracks were cut from the standard.

While I love the song, the lyrics are quite dark. It feels like M reflecting on her career and acknowledging to an extent that she's perhaps no longer the music force she once was in terms of sales and charts. Maybe I'm reading too much into it but the whole 'your queen's been slain - she'll never rule again' seems to be almost admitting defeat, making way for the new, albeit inferior, pop tarts! I also think this is the exact reason she didn't include it seeing as this album is almost a reassertion that she's far from finished. Maybe in the end she felt it didn't fit the triumphant message of Rebel Heart.

Just my theory!

This

It's about a damn chess piece it's not her "I'm gonna give up" song (like she ever fuckin would) :lmao:

Well don't go over to charts forum where more than one person has posted that if Madonna sells 125k she will quit recording music and we won't see another album :laugh:

It's about a damn chess piece it's not her "I'm gonna give up" song (like she ever fuckin would) :lmao:

Is it? Now that makes sense!

Perhaps she's waiting for her first week sales number. If RH doesn't make it to #1, she'll release this track officially.

I can see the chess analogy but I stillI think the meaning is ambiguous and purposefully so. Hence people have different interpretations. Thats the beauty of art!

Maybe she is keeping it for closing number on farawell tour someday, right after Take a bow and live to tell.

I only heard it once. I did like the production, but I was a bit underwhelmed based on its reception here, as so many people seemed to love it

I will not hear these vile words uttered about the masterpiece Queen

The reason why it's not been officially released, is clearly they were worried that too many would gag on its amazingness and injure themselves. Therefore they wanted to prevent madonna being sued for damgages. Obvs

Seems like it was a song written for W.E. after the fact. Maybe that's why she didn't feel it was an appropriate addition. Also, it does feel like a sister to Ghosttown, and not as strong melodically or vocally, and so adios Queen.