Madonna's Immaculate Vocals on this Album of Life

Madonna pulls out all the stops vocally on this album. I'm not sure if people realize what a TALENTED singer she is in the way that she CHANGES her style for each song, while always sounding like MADONNA. That is a major major skill.

And thus we have the full, clear vocals of Devil Pray, the low, rich register of Ghosttown, the haughty vocals of Unapologetic Bitch, the brittle angry vocals of Heartbreak City, the flirtatious and fresh vocals of Body Shop, the lovely high register of Inside Out, the emotionally nuanced vocal of Wash All Over Me, the spoken word vocals of life on Best Night, the hip hop vocals AND the wispy chorus vocals of Veni Vidi Vici, the grillz vocal on SEX, and the vocal of a woman singing for everything she's worth with a fucking orchestra on Messiah.

I place her vocals alongside the best of our times.

i love your passion!! :laugh:

Madonna pulls out all the stops vocally on this album. I'm not sure if people realize what a TALENTED singer she is in the way that she CHANGES her style for each song, while always sounding like MADONNA. That is a major major skill.

And thus we have the full, clear vocals of Devil Pray, the low, rich register of Ghosttown, the haughty vocals of Unapologetic Bitch, the brittle angry vocals of Heartbreak City :dramatic::dramatic: , the flirtatious and fresh vocals of Body Shop :o , the lovely high register of Inside Out :wow: , the emotionally nuanced vocal of Wash All Over Me :drama: , the spoken word vocals of life on Best Night :1251: , the hip hop vocals AND the wispy chorus vocals of Veni Vidi Vici, the grillz vocal on SEX :lol: , and the vocal of a woman singing for everything she's worth with a fucking orchestra on Messiah.

I place her vocals alongside the best of our times.

you know...when the first 6 songs, and then the other 3, where released i thought "damn, why they released the best all at once"...they're so brilliant i couldn't imagine what was coming....

and then the SECOND COMING!!!! jesus!!! the second hal is even better then the first and what stands out more for me is exactly amazing voice!!!

Yes, beautiful vocals and I love the way she uses her voice so differently for many tracks. I have always thought Madonna was in a league of her own when it comes to singing both pop/dance and ballads and this album just backs that up. Wash all over me, Inside out, Ghosttown, Devil Prays, Joan of Arc - to name but a few - nobody could sing them as well or with as much feeling.

I love her vocals as well. Except on Iconic. She really should have rerecorded that one. The quality is simply bad and the heavy echo/reverb makes it worse.

The word is PRISTINE. Her vocals are so crystal clear, so beautiful and express the sweetness, the rage, the fun... Love them in every song. She's singing so beautifully live too, and she sounds so sincere in every song!

The word is PRISTINE. Her vocals are so crystal clear, so beautiful and express the sweetness, the rage, the fun... Love them in every song. She's singing so beautifully live too, and she sounds so sincere in every song!

Pristine.....I like that, that's a perfect word to use. Her voice sounds very 90's Madonna. I can hear the Erotica voice, BS voice and ROL voice. There is a definite richness to her voice on RH.

She brought it with the vocals this time. Maybe even more so than Ray of Light. Her vocal melodies and vocal arrangements were superb. I agree with everyone above- pristine, clear, strong, versatile. Who else could do this as convincingly? I can't think of anyone.

Ha! I think its one of the most magical parts of the album. It looks like shes bringing it live too. I read a comment on digi spy saying she is miming her latest performances. That says a lot.

I like her vocals in most of the songs, but there are also some songs where her vocals are really bad, Devil Pray being one of them, what an out of tune mess.

ban!!! undefined time!!! now!!

THIS!

My favorite vocal moments on the album are Devil pray, HeartBreakCity, Messiah and Wash all over me

Someone has fabulous taste, and that someone is you!

Yes!! Her vocals are so rich and eclectic on this album. Though I liked Hard Candy and MDNA, I don't think they properly showcased her voice on those albums. On this one, they really shine through and she has the unique ability to convey so many different emotions and soundscapes just by her tone. She is quite a gifted vocalist. Hardly anyone gives her that credit because she isn't a powerhouse singer but I would much rather hear her voice that overflows with warmth and emotion than someone with an 8 octave range that leaves me feeling nothing

Yes!! Her vocals are so rich and eclectic on this album. Though I liked Hard Candy and MDNA, I don't think they properly showcased her voice on those albums. On this one, they really shine through and she has the unique ability to convey so many different emotions and soundscapes just by her tone. She is quite a gifted vocalist. Hardly anyone gives her that credit because she isn't a powerhouse singer but I would much rather hear her voice that overflows with warmth and emotion than someone with an 8 octave range that leaves me feeling nothing

PREACH. I agree one hundred percent. I would also like to point out that although her strengths are versatility, emotion, passion, etc. she is actually technically better than many pop singers as well.

How is Devil Pray out of tune? I'm not a singer but I don't hear anything bad, actually it's one of my favorite vocals in the album. And I agree, Madonna hadn't sung this well and soulful since American Life era (except for Falling Free, Masterpiece and Beautiful Killer). My favorite vocals in Rebel Heart are:

-Devil Pray

-Ghosttown

-Joan of Arc

-Body Shop

-Inside Out (this song is sooo perfect)

-Messiah