Is this era shaping up to be one of her BEST?

There aren't proper words for how fucking amazing this era is in terms of the artistry...and just her being herself.

(though the fan drama is exhausting... :laugh: )

It deserves far more respect and credit than it's being given elsewhere though...

Agreed! This era is great, the only downside is the moaning Mary's and chart-obsessives on this site. :ass:

It will all pass though... just have to weather the storm.

I have a feeling that this whole era/project is going to be looked back at in amazement and reverence years from now.

It will all pass though... just have to weather the storm.

I have a feeling that this whole era/project is going to be looked back at in amazement and reverence years from now.

:old::thumbsup:

The music is certainly some of her best.

Guest Pud Whacker

This album is like...MDNA and HC done in the right way :lol::D

Hard Candy is pretty tight.

i was fearless like a renegade....

I've been a fan for 18 years. Even though I was already in loon-y mode throughout the Ray Of Light* era, I was only 10 years old, so I really wasn't aware of many many things about her or what was going on or really the cultural impact she was having back then or before that.

The first era that I really lived was Music. By 2000, I already knew pretty much all of her released material and was aware of her, all about her career, her cultural impact... also what was going on: news, the upcoming tour, interviews, how cool and awesome and unique she was, etc. I really enjoyed that era because it was all new to me, it was all a theme, I understood what an "era" was.

After that, AL, COADF, HC, MDNA and everything in between, it was all good and magic and excellent and as years keept adding up, I was more and more passionate about her. Now, with THE REBEL HEART ERA, I feel like I'm more of a fan than I've ever been. I completely fell in love with her all over again. Her career, her ideology, her music, her persona, UGH. I could go on and on. I am so happy to be living this era and I am SO PROUD of her and to be a Madonna fan. As I said in may other threads, I feel like THE MUSIC speaks from itself. Even the "goofy" songs like Bitch I'm Madonna, or the more "artistic/mature" ones like Ghosttown or Inside Out, aaahhh.... There are no words.

Also, I don't know why, but like I said before that I wasn't really aware of many things during the ROL* era, I feel like the RH era is kind of a reminder of what I was feeling back then whenever I saw her on TV or read about her, etc... I feel like I'm discovering her again, even though I never stopped being a fan.

I don't really know how to explain what I feel, but omg, I'm enjoying this era so much. Already so iconic and so great. Amazing visuals, amazing interviews, amazing photoshoots, amazing peformances, amazing everything!

And it's actually excellent that I feel this way about the RH era, cuz I'm going to see her FOR THE FIRST TIME in september, in NYC :D I am actually afraid that I am going to faint when she's on stage, but I gotta keep it cool cuz I don't wanna mess what it's going to be for sure THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE.

So yeah... LONG LIVE THE QUEEN!!!! REBEL HEART IS THE BEST ERA FOR SURE!

* I am NOT a rayoflighter.

Guest Medoner

I've been a fan for 18 years. Even though I was already in loon-y mode throughout the Ray Of Light* era, I was only 10 years old, so I really wasn't aware of many many things about her or what was going on or really the cultural impact she was having back then or before that.

The first era that I really lived was Music. By 2000, I already knew pretty much all of her released material and was aware of her, all about her career, her cultural impact... also what was going on: news, the upcoming tour, interviews, how cool and awesome and unique she was, etc. I really enjoyed that era because it was all new to me, it was all a theme, I understood what an "era" was.

After that, AL, COADF, HC, MDNA and everything in between, it was all good and magic and excellent and as years keept adding up, I was more and more passionate about her. Now, with THE REBEL HEART ERA, I feel like I'm more of a fan than I've ever been. I completely fell in love with her all over again. Her career, her ideology, her music, her persona, UGH. I could go on and on. I am so happy to be living this era and I am SO PROUD of her and to be a Madonna fan. As I said in may other threads, I feel like THE MUSIC speaks from itself. Even the "goofy" songs like Bitch I'm Madonna, or the more "artistic/mature" ones like Ghosttown or Inside Out, aaahhh.... There are no words.

Also, I don't know why, but like I said before that I wasn't really aware of many things during the ROL* era, I feel like the RH era is kind of a reminder of what I was feeling back then whenever I saw her on TV or read about her, etc... I feel like I'm discovering her again, even though I never stopped being a fan.

I don't really know how to explain what I feel, but omg, I'm enjoying this era so much. Already so iconic and so great. Amazing visuals, amazing interviews, amazing photoshoots, amazing peformances, amazing everything!

And it's actually excellent that I feel this way about the RH era, cuz I'm going to see her FOR THE FIRST TIME in september, in NYC :D I am actually afraid that I am going to faint when she's on stage, but I gotta keep it cool cuz I don't wanna mess what it's going to be for sure THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE.

So yeah... LONG LIVE THE QUEEN!!!! REBEL HEART IS THE BEST ERA FOR SURE!

* I am NOT a rayoflighter.

So excited for you seeing M for the first time! Shes even better than you expect. Madonna live is pure magic

• 2 weeks later...

This is OFFICIALLY one of her best eras ever. The iHeart performance/appearance just sealed the deal

29ndwnd.gif

29ndwnd.gif

Not the new video snatching all our faggot wigs AGAIN! It's already on par with the Confessions era and is about to come for ROL! Now if she delivers a killer BIM video and tour setting, this can definitely be her Top 5 era of all time. Not even kidding.

I knew, beyond the shadow of a doubt, this era was going to be something special from the moment I heard that robotic "rebel heaaaaaart".

I love it since i heard the tender voice echo backing vocal saying "of my rebel heaaaaart" and though that Niki Finn from The Look of Love song was back and ready to run on the streets with a cougar.

This is OFFICIALLY one of her best eras ever. The iHeart performance/appearance just sealed the deal

29ndwnd.gif

YES!!!!! my only doubt is...what´s next???? what will happen in the next few weeks??? OMG! I´m like a drug addict!!!! I may watch Jimmy fallon next week just in case we don´t have anything new... :dramatic:

Guest bluejean

I think it's an era for the fans.

I mean let's be honest it's probably her hardest flopping album but I feel like this is the time for the real fans to let go of that chart crap and just embrace.

The tour will seal the deal. From the MDNA tour to the Secret project to the music of this album she clearly inspired and on an artistic high and I think this tour will be the final piece of that puzzle before she vanishes into being a filmmaker again for a number of years.

I'm not saying she won't do music again but when you consider the volume of tracks she wrote and recorded for this record I do think she's going to take a long hiatus from music after this tour.

Guest bluejean

I also believe she's pushing hard to make up for the flop of MDNA and reclaim her legacy. Unfortunately it's not really working but I think in the end we need to enjoy what we are getting because in terms of the sheer volume of tracks and the amount of promo performances this is actually her biggest musical project ever. I wouldn't expect another era like this.

The tour will seal the deal. From the MDNA tour to the Secret project to the music of this album she clearly inspired and on an artistic high and I think this tour will be the final piece of that puzzle before she vanishes into being a filmmaker again for a number of years.

I'm not saying she won't do music again but when you consider the volume of tracks she wrote and recorded for this record I do think she's going to take a long hiatus from music after this tour.

Omg way to get me all depressed now :(:cries: :cries: :cries:

Omg way to get me all depressed now :(:cries: :cries: :cries:

Many people have been saying this for months, and I don't know why! Madonna has been putting out an album every 2.5-4 years for her entire career. Four years is the longest she's gone (and that was only once), and it's usually between 2.5 and 3. I'm not sure why people think she's suddenly going to take longer than she ever has before. Did she say something I missed? She has a pattern of album release, promo, tour, small break, other project (film, charity, Secret Project etc.), back to studio.

She's a creature of habit and she lives to make music so I don't see her ever deviating much from this pattern. Yet SO MANY members are implying that she's going to disappear from music for years.

I mean let's be honest it's probably her hardest flopping album but I feel like this is the time for the real fans to let go of that chart crap and just embrace.

I agree that this whole era is for the fans. Not sure about whether she'll take a long break or not. She'll probably feel/be pressured to finish her contract before she hits the big 6-0 and she can go back to being weird and experimental (I'm projecting, of course).

She still has one more studio album to release under the contract, so no there won't be a long hiatus. And if she was able to finish 25+ tracks in one year, that only indicates that her creative holy juice is on fire.

2015-early 2016: RH promo/tour

Summer 2016: summer break

Late 2016 - 2017: Fucking movie shit

Late 2017/early 2018: back to studio