Interview with Larry Flick airing March 12 at 8am ET [merged]

^ I think he's just too much of a fanboy. I don't think he'd ever ask her a "hard" question. And this interview was disappointing compared to 2012. Obviously time was an issue.

And why did Liz want him to ask a "gay" question so badly?

A double disc would have meant 2 albums....so contract-wise I'm guessing that's why Interscope said no.

Fxck! even Madonna wants out!!! not just us fans! Interscope are the pits!

A double disc would have meant 2 albums....so contract-wise I'm guessing that's why Interscope said no.

I think it probably has more to do with marketability. Double albums are hard to sell and price. Especially for someone at this stage in her career. Taylor Swift could probably pull it off and still sell tons.

And honestly, the complaints about Interscope are so tiring. Y'all whined about WB too. You'll never be happy. They're the most powerful record label in the U.S. these days. They're doing the best they can given that Madonna is a 56 year old woman.

Guest Pud Whacker

^ I think he's just too much of a fanboy. I don't think he'd ever ask her a "hard" question. And this interview was disappointing compared to 2012. Obviously time was an issue.

And why did Liz want him to ask a "gay" question so badly?

Yeah

Re: Liz.

A. She pulled madonna over there after a long ass interview with Howard while her voice was in shambles

And

B. She probably heard the ass kissing and was like, "I brought her over for your gay audience now butt plug it"

:rotfl:

Listening to the interview now, she has got to get over this cold before Ellen next week!

Edit:

We may not have ever gotten the double album because she said Interscope didn't think that was a good idea. First time we've heard that

Guest Rocco Papa

Tbh I'm glad she decided to release one long album rather than two short albums. I also think it makes more sense to put both moods together since they all exist within one being anyway.

That said, I loved the interview. It's a shame they didn't have more time with each other, but Larry did the best with what he had.

I'm glad to know that it was Interscope that banned the double album idea, but not her just randomly throwing things out because of the rush-release. It meant that she actually had time to work on the intentionally eclectic tracklist instead of it being a last-minute decision. I also feel like this is the main reason why she tweaked so many of the songs, e.g. the final versions of Inside Out/WAOM/HBC/Devil Pray fit so much better with the rebel tracks instead of the demo versions.

^ Yeah, but she SAID it was because of the leak. Which is weird. I don't think it was one or the other. I'm sure the label encouraging her not to do a double album happened during the conversations about how to proceed after the leak. Maybe they were still deciding about that when it happened?

I don't know why people keep going on about the double album idea. Many people would never have even given the Rebel songs a chance, and a disc full of only Heart songs would get old quickly. The tracklist keeps things fresh, while also being more true to her idea that a person does not only have to be JUST a rebel or have a heart.

Also, a double album was never viable because if we're thinking Madonna is having trouble selling her album with so many versions out, I don't even want to think what it would have been like with only one $22+ version available.

Enjoyed the interview and hearing more about writing and producing Rebel Heart. I liked him and thought his questions were intelligent and all about the music. Shame it could not have gone for longer because she was open and relaxed with him too.

^ Yeah, but she SAID it was because of the leak. Which is weird. I don't think it was one or the other. I'm sure the label encouraging her not to do a double album happened during the conversations about how to proceed after the leak. Maybe they were still deciding about that when it happened?

I agree on this. I think the leak caught them (Madonna and Interscope) off guard during the marketing/publicity talks and then they just scrapped whatever possible scenario was on the board and went with the quick, 6-songs release we had back in December.

I really liked this interview. Wish this one would´ve been longer, because the guy knows where Madonna comes from and has been following her career (apparently), so he focused more on RH and not Madonna the entertainer.

Now listening to it. Her voice is so thin and rasby and not just because of the grills but the cold :(

I hope she gets better soon!

Nonetheless, good interview..

He's a fan & talks about the music, he did great.

Liz on the other hand should hang her head in shame.

He served the Validator good with his reply.

Yeah, it just smacked of pandering.

I can really relate to him saying "I feel like there is a place for me there." I have consistantly felt that and have depended on that for years from Madonna's albums. I can't explain it fully. Of all the artists that I have loved or love I feel this the strongest in her work.

Guest Rocco Papa

I can really relate to him saying "I feel like there is a place for me there." I have consistantly felt that and have depended on that for years from Madonna's albums. I can't explain it fully. Of all the artists that I have loved or love I feel this the strongest in her work.

Totally. The reason I love the music that I love is because I relate to it on a personal level. I can't usually relate to people who want to know who or what the artist wrote a particular song about. I'm always thinking about how I relate to it.