Interview with Larry Flick airing March 12 at 8am ET [merged]

A double album wouldn't have fulfilled the contract. Just like if they split a TV season in two parts the actors are still fulfilling one season in their contract, not two.

exactly

Guest CzarnaWisnia

I don't know why people keep going on about the double album idea. Many people would never have even given the Rebel songs a chance, and a disc full of only Heart songs would get old quickly. The tracklist keeps things fresh, while also being more true to her idea that a person does not only have to be JUST a rebel or have a heart.

Also, a double album was never viable because if we're thinking Madonna is having trouble selling her album with so many versions out, I don't even want to think what it would have been like with only one $22+ version available.

I think it's pretty much set that if she had produced a double album, a "budget" one CD version would also have been marketed, where tracks from both sides would have been mixed up together.

Enjoyed the interview and hearing more about writing and producing Rebel Heart. I liked him and thought his questions were intelligent and all about the music. Shame it could not have gone for longer because she was open and relaxed with him too.

+1

I don't know why people keep going on about the double album idea. Many people would never have even given the Rebel songs a chance, and a disc full of only Heart songs would get old quickly. The tracklist keeps things fresh, while also being more true to her idea that a person does not only have to be JUST a rebel or have a heart.

Also, a double album was never viable because if we're thinking Madonna is having trouble selling her album with so many versions out, I don't even want to think what it would have been like with only one $22+ version available.

You mean like LAP and ROL? Even COADF is mostly "heart" and not much "rebel."

Was this the same guy who interviewed her in 2007 for the releases of the CT DVD while she was reocording HC with Pharrell??

You mean like LAP and ROL? Even COADF is mostly "heart" and not much "rebel."

You consider LAP a mostly heart album? I love it, but maybe you haven't listened to its messages... ROL is spiritual. I don't consider it "heart" in the same sense as the heart songs on RH. COADF may be sonically safer, but I definitely wouldn't say the messages are mostly heart.

^ Yes, LAP is mostly heart. There are no "rebellious" or overtly sexual or political, in your face songs. Ditto ROL. Sure, they're spiritual, but so are some of the "heart" songs on RH.

Was this the same guy who interviewed her in 2007 for the releases of the CT DVD while she was reocording HC with Pharrell??

Yup.

^ I think he's just too much of a fanboy. I don't think he'd ever ask her a "hard" question. And this interview was disappointing compared to 2012. Obviously time was an issue.

And why did Liz want him to ask a "gay" question so badly?

I don't know if he was too fanboy. but I found him pretentious the way he rambled on and on. I much prefer Howard's personality who is more down to earth and straightfoward which is how Madonna is. Larry is a little fake in that he fawns all over her, but then on his show when she's not there he complained about HC and MDNA and how they were appealing to the "kids" and how she tries to hard to be young. Even today on his twitter he said he liked RH, but mostly the "softer songs".

Maybe I'm biased against him though because I had a run in with him on twitter. He gets very angry if anyone doesn't like the same music as him or has a different political opinion and blocks you and flys into a rage and the next second talks about how spiritual he is! And woe to any artist that he doesn't like! He's tweeted all kinds of negative things about artists he doesn't like.

He annoys me

+1000 for the reasons I stated. Just because someone is also a big Madonna fan doesn't mean I have something in common with them or like them!

I think it probably has more to do with marketability. Double albums are hard to sell and price. Especially for someone at this stage in her career. Taylor Swift could probably pull it off and still sell tons.

And honestly, the complaints about Interscope are so tiring. Y'all whined about WB too. You'll never be happy. They're the most powerful record label in the U.S. these days. They're doing the best they can given that Madonna is a 56 year old woman.

oh, shut up

Liz was doing her job.

I'm sorry but Larry just annoys the fuck out of me... what an utterly POINTLESS INTERVIEW. Waste of M's time. it was just a chance for some fan to geek out