Madonna gives the greatest interview EVER on the Howard Stern show!

Howard really is a great interviewer. I knew this would be great. Madonna was very relaxed. She could have been very up tight and think long about every answer she gives, like it happens often with her. Thank god it was not this way. Howard did a great job with her.

The last few days I listen to many Howard Stern interviews with Joan Rivers again. I love it. Hopefully Madonna will do Howard Stern again.

Get over yourself. It's not a law that everyone has to love and adore Madonna like we do. Madonna would be boring as fuck if everyone did. People are allowed to have opinions. Props to Robin for being professional and putting aside her personal opinions and having an open mind in the interview. She seemed very positive and sweet in the interview to me.

hmm. I'm over myself don't worry. I don't think Robin has to like Madonna. One of my favorite things about Madonna is that she's divisive. I just was pointing it out. I think Robin doesn't like her and I felt that came through in their interaction. Sorry that was so hard for you to hear.

not really all she does is repeat what howard says or interrupts howard. and ugh that annoying cackle. :ugh:

Robin is there (at least originally) so people couldn't accuse Howard of being racist or mysoginist. Robin is a very intelligent woman but can be a little bullish sometimes.

Ok

Did she rewrite history? Or is this new information.

She said she wrote Vogue for I'm Breathless, yet we previously knew it was written for a b-side for Keep It Together

Amazing interview. I admire her honestly . " I'm not sure about a hit ."

The voice is so Truth or Dare .

Her and Purell!! She should get paid for mentioning their brand. :lol:

Love the inside story of how she wrote Vogue. I can listen to this interview all day. Her voice is everything! :inlove:

^ Yeah, but isn't that version of how Vogue was written different from what we've heard until now? The story was supposedly that it was written to be a B-side for KIT until they (or WB?) decided it was too good not to be a single and so she tacked it onto IB? Her new story doesn't really add up IMO. The list of Hollywood actors (from the 40s and 50s) have absolutely nothing to do with the 1920s (Dick Tracy).

I listened to it this morning and --- it was SOOO good! They had great chemistry, she was very relaxed and spoke about several issues she has NEVER (or rarely) talked before. I was surprised she was so open with him..

But I felt like she really didn't care about Robin chick AT ALL. She treated her like she was air basically :laugh: Poor girl, she obviously is a huge fan!

Ok

Did she rewrite history? Or is this new information.

She said she wrote Vogue for I'm Breathless, yet we previously knew it was written for a b-side for Keep It Together

Thing is the b-side story was never told by Madonna so it could be made up. Could be that she was writing for the I'm Breathless soundtrack and thought the song did not work on it so she thought it would be more suitable as a b-side than record execs changed her mind. I can see her writing it for Warren Beatty because of all the stars she namechecks in it, for her he represented this. I remember her saying she wrote it on a plane from New York to Los Angeles (or LA to NYC)

I do like how she briefly talked about Joan, she seemed a bit uncomfortable about it but he got her to open up a bit.

And am I wrong or did Madonna have fun?? God I HOPE she does Howard again!!!

Thing is the b-side story was never told by Madonna so it could be made up. Could be that she was writing for the I'm Breathless soundtrack and thought the song did not work on it so she thought it would be more suitable as a b-side than record execs changed her mind. I can see her writing it for Warren Beatty because of all the stars she namechecks in it, for her he represented this. I remember her saying she wrote it on a plane from New York to Los Angeles (or LA to NYC)

Absolutely! This interview is truly precious.

I envisioned Dick Tracy as more of a 30's setting and Madonna certainly references stars that came to fame in the 30's. It evolved to other stars she admired.

For those who did a free trial yesterday to listen to the interview live, do you know if you now need to cancel the service before it starts billing you after the trial ends? I am so confused.

I tried calling Sirius and got the run around from some woman who couldn't find me in their system at all. So freaking annoying! Although I don't know how they would bill me if they don't have any more info.

Anyway, it was a great interview but I suppose I could have waited shortly after it ended to check it out on soundcloud, etc, haha. Sirius is slightly annoying.

Robin has been with Howard since pretty much the beginning of his career. You guys should check out the movie he did about his life, "Private Parts". It made me a fan a long time ago.

Yeah these ppl have no clue what they're talking about

Yeah these ppl have no clue what they're talking about

my comment on robin is based on my own observations. She is obviously there so it's ok if racist things or mysoginistic things are said. I also think Howard genuinely loves Robin.

As for Private Parts, it's an autobiographical film written by Howard Stern. It's clearly meant to portray he and Robin in a positive light. I think they are both good people. I think Howard's funny, and I think Robin adds to the show,but I thjnk she helped to hedge some of the early criticisms against him. There's a reason Howard's sidekick isn't another white male.

Did you all notice how Howard gushes about Ghosttown and what a great hook it has, and then when the second chorus hits, he loses it and shouts "that's a hook!" AGAIN? :laugh: stanning hard for the Queen's songwriting!

my comment on robin is based on my own observations. She is obviously there so it's ok if racist things or mysoginistic things are said. I also think Howard genuinely loves Robin.

As for Private Parts, it's an autobiographical film written by Howard Stern. It's clearly meant to portray he and Robin in a positive light. I think they are both good people. I think Howard's funny, and I think Robin adds to the show,but I thjnk she helped to hedge some of the early criticisms against him. There's a reason Howard's sidekick isn't another white male.

All I'm saying is that Robin is an integral part of the show and that she's cool. Ppl are beating up on her cuz they're caught up in all this Madonna ass licking. Or becuz she asked questions. Bitch, her title is co host. Get over it.

Rant over

^

Robin is great! But she always gets shit. All I see from comments on YouTube links or Howard articles is how annoying she is. I don't get it. And she is a warrior for surviving an extremely aggressive form of cancer.

All I'm saying is that Robin is an integral part of the show and that she's cool. Ppl are beating up on her cuz they're caught up in all this Madonna ass licking. Or becuz she asked questions. Bitch, her title is co host. Get over it.

Rant over

I think Robin's integral to the show. She just added nothing to this particular interview. I also don't think it seemed M cared for her much either. I don't care if M's ass is kissed or not. Maybe you should "get over it" and allow others to express an opinion different to yours.

I think Robin's integral to the show. She just added nothing to this particular interview. I also don't think it seemed M cared for her much either. I don't care if M's ass is kissed or not. Maybe you should "get over it" and allow others to express an opinion different to yours.

I wasn't even directing my comments at you, so why are you crying?