Madonna gives the greatest interview EVER on the Howard Stern show!

Did she? Had no idea, haven't paid attention to the show in years. That's a shame.

Yeah, but she's good now.

I love Howard and M. and my two worlds collided today. To say I'm on Cloud 9 is an understatement.

Such a good interview. I didn't want it to end, there is just so much to ask her. Thankfully it seemed like she was really comfortable which is not always the case.

Also I don't know why but I loved her voice here. It was probably the cold but that raspy-quality reminded me of how she sound 25 years ago :inlove:

I knew that Howard was going to deliver a stellar interview, we heard her talk about so many things she hadn't touch on before. I like it when she said to him "that's a good question" it was all so amazing on so many levels.

I laughed I cried and danced listening to this interview. It just opened up so many different emotions. Some parts it sounded like she was directly talking to me. It's always been my experience that whenever I'm going through a difficult time Madonna says or does something to says it's going to be ok u just need to do this and she did with interview when she said u have to be willing to let something go If u want to keep it.

Just an amazing interview hate to go on about myself but I was really moved by her.

This was fantastic. Howard, love him or hate him, he delivers with an interview. All these years and Madonna finally appeared, and she was very honest. Loved it, could go on for another hour it's such good listening!

I laughed I cried and danced listening to this interview. It just opened up so many different emotions. Some parts it sounded like she was directly talking to me. It's always been my experience that whenever I'm going through a difficult time Madonna says or does something to says it's going to be ok u just need to do this and she did with interview when she said u have to be willing to let something go If u want to keep it.

Just an amazing interview hate to go on about myself but I was really moved by her.

Beautifully stated. Love your passion for her.

Just listened to the entire interview and have to agree that Howard was wonderful. Knew her story, background and referenced them in a kind caring way. So wonderful to hear someone understand about how tragic events shaped her - especially her mother's death. Also the rape experience and moving to New York. Then to move on when he knew it was time to move on and also talk about the music. Very telling that she said at the end that she didn't think he liked her so that is why she never gave an interview before. Hopefully now, she will come back and I think they gelled so well. I love too how she did not say who was her best lover and love of her life etc. She has a lot of integrity for all of her past loves. Loved it.

That was one great 1 and a half hour interview. Loved the cape story. Wish he played more track off the album though. Well, at least he mentioned HW. :)

This has to be one of the best interviews of her entire career...

I never really cared for howard stern; I did not know him much.. But I have to say that he carried out this interview like a pro!!

When I think of all the interviews in the past decade (the 2000s) that where so boring because the hosts did not have any interesting questions; i feel like it was such a waste...

And here, i even feel like i learnt things i did not know... Basquiat asking for his paintings back etc it was just so interesting that i for a moment just did not do anything besides listening to the interview... I focused on it (which is rare with me as I always say multitask)

The flow of the questions etc, everything was just so interesting

Really a nice surprise! An interview i will like to listen to again in the future...

Edited by heymrdj1

This was fantastic. Howard, love him or hate him, he delivers with an interview. All these years and Madonna finally appeared, and she was very honest. Loved it, could go on for another hour it's such good listening!

Yes, I agree. Whether you're a fan or not I like that Howard can cut through the bullshit sometimes (though not always). That said I am genuinely surprised that he didn't pry into her personal life more than he did. I thought for sure he would ask about her brother Christopher as well as her alleged celebrity feuds but I guess there were much more important things to discuss.

I also thought maybe he'd pull back a bit because it's Madonna but he actually did ask some difficult questions, like when he said "are you miserable?" Glad she shut him down on that though, he has some strange ideas about her. Madonna was very good at handling him in my opinion.

What a fantastic interview. Loved it all. I could've listened to them for hours.

Yes it was wonderful. Can't wait till she goes on him again!

Yes, I agree. Whether you're a fan or not I like that Howard can cut through the bullshit sometimes (though not always). That said I am genuinely surprised that he didn't pry into her personal life more than he did. I thought for sure he would ask about her brother Christopher as well as her alleged celebrity feuds but I guess there were much more important things to discuss.

I also thought maybe he'd pull back a bit because it's Madonna but he actually did ask some difficult questions, like when he said "are you miserable?" Glad she shut him down on that though, he has some strange ideas about her. Madonna was very good at handling him in my opinion.

I loved that he did not ask about Christopher and celebrity feuds because he concentrated on bigger and more personal issues. Madonna is so much deeper than that and he seemed to totally get it and understand. I have to agree with the people here who have said about his interviewing style - they were spot on. Will listen to it again later.