Madonna gives the greatest interview EVER on the Howard Stern show!

Did anyone notice how she seems so humble and non materialistic? She is one of the only celebrities who I feel really COULD give it all up, move to a cabin, and be fine (as long as she came in to the city to record an album every three years).

i can't believe people are saying madonna is pretentious from this interview and that this was boring. WTF?! i guess they're howard fans who don't know shit about madonna

Sorry but I'm hearing and reading mostly good things.

after the fall and also this interview I've been feeling so protective of her. she's so misunderstood. this interview is amazing, she's humble, sweet, charming, probably the most immaterial person you could hear and people still give her shit. just check the other thread from OUT magazine. even some of her fans love to take what she says out of context to get angry for no reason even tho they know better. its ridiculous

after the fall and also this interview I've been feeling so protective of her. she's so misunderstood. this interview is amazing, she's humble, sweet, charming, probably the most immaterial person you could hear and people still give her shit. just check the other thread from OUT magazine. even some of her fans love to take what she says out of context to get angry for no reason even tho they know better. its ridiculous

Yes. It astounds me when bitchy gays are cruel to her. Maybe it's the fact I am 38 years old and she has soundtracked almost my whole life. Saved it too, I believe. Always feel protective of her and absolutely appalled when people are cruel to someone who has given so much.

To bring it back to positive, I have seen almost all praise for this interview on my social media, and in particular a lot of straight male Howard Stern fans basically saying "There's nobody like Madonna."

Guest PRPapi

I still canNOT believe what an absolute AMAZING interview that was! WOWOWOWOWOWOWOW! Best interview she's EVER done by FAR! She sounded normal, comfortable, sweet, intelligent, HUMBLE even and HUMAN! She just can't possibly be any MORE charming, sexy and smart! I didn't think it was possible for me to love her even more. I'm spent.

And, Howard did an awesome job interviewing her and he wasn't at ALL an asshole, which is what I was expecting him to be. Man, this was good! I want EVERYONE to listen to this interview! Especially the haters! Why? Cuz, really, there is NOTHING to hate on in this interview. Whoever listens to this will end up like M a little more. I don't see how that can't happen. Wow!

Guest Rocco Papa

Anyone know if this interview was filmed like some of his other interviews are? Or is it just for the radio?

http://www.hitfix.com/news/11-best-moments-from-madonnas-historic-howard-stern-interview

11 best moments from Madonna's historic Howard Stern interview

From Tupac to the Super Bowl to her BRIT Awards tumble

By Chris Eggertsen @HitFixChris | Wednesday, Mar 11, 2015 9:17 PM

The world turned upside down on Wednesday with Madonna's first-ever appearance on "The Howard Stern Show," and while it wasn't the "gay Super Bowl," as Bravo host Andy Cohen termed it (maybe a tad hyperbolic there), it was pretty surreal to hear the Queen on Pop in conversation with the King of All Media after so many years (decades, really) of seemingly mutual distaste.

So how did it go? I'm a little mixed, to be honest. While Howard was typically insightful as an interviewer, Madonna never really let her guard down enough to show a side of herself we hadn't previously seen.

Still, there were good moments. Here are ten highlights from the epic 90-minute sitdown, which included discussions of Madonna's childhood, her early New York years, past relationships with luminaries like Sean Penn and Warren Beatty, and her infamous fall at this year's BRIT Awards.

1. Baba Booey is shockingly good at guessing Madonna songs

Okay, so this isn't from the interview itself, but who knew Gary was such a Madonna fan? The show's producer revealed a surprising familiarity with the singer's music during a lightning round of "Name That Tune" with Howard in the lead up to the interview; he did miss one or two, but still, it was an impressive showing.

2. Madonna keeps them waiting

A lot of the thrill here was in the anticipation of Madonna's arrival -- and boy did she take a long time to arrive. Not only did the show air six hours later than normal to accommodate her schedule -- can't remember the last time that happened, if ever -- but she didn't show up until at least two hours into the episode, after what appeared to be a lot of behind-the-scenes wrangling to actually get her into the studio. "Let's get Madonna in here, what are we doing?" Howard asked at one point with a hint of annoyance. And later he griped, "By the time she gets in here she's gonna have to leave." All the stalling felt like a bit of a move on Madonna's part, but in a way it was the right one for an interview that proved to be such an event for fans of both entertainers.

3. That bizarre accent

I feel like I've heard a lot of different Madonna accents over the years, but I was almost startled by the one she brought into the studio today. Honestly, what was that affect? Had no idea she was Barbadian.***

4. The revelation that she dated Tupac Shakur

Tupac.jpg

In the midst of discussing her infamous 1994 "Letterman" interview, Madonna casually mentioned that she was in a relationship with the rapper at the time: "I don't know, I was in a weird mood that day," she said of the appearance. "I was dating Tupac Shakur at the time, and the thing is he got me all riled up about life in general. So when i went on the show I was feeling very gangster." Though she claims the relationship was already known to folks "in the know," it came as news to Howard, Robin and I'm sure a lot of listeners (including myself).

5. The portion where she talked about her mother's death

I'm sure diehard Madonna fans have heard her speak about this a million times before, but for someone who isn't as well-versed on the singer's past it was revealing to hear her talk about her mother's untimely passing by describing the way her father reacted (or didn't react) to it. "He never said how do you feel about it, we never had a group hug, we never had a cry," she said. "My father's very stoic and old school....I don't think he had words for his pain." For someone who's remained icy and unshakable in public life for over three decades, the brief tidbit provides a lot of insight into how she's managed to survive through so much career turmoil without breaking. Not to get too psychoanalytic, but compartmentalizing her emotions is a skill she seems to have learned very early on.

6. Her harsh thoughts on small town America

"I can't be around basic, provincial thinking people," she said on the topic of leaving her Michigan hometown for New York City. I guess we've heard this kind of thing from her before, but it's still a pretty telling statement on her feelings about "everyday" humans. Then again, it's the kind of harsh sentiment her fans seem to eat up; for a mainstream entertainer in our "stars, they're just like us" age, she can be startlingly, aggressively inaccessible at times.

7. When she talked about former boyfriend Jean-Michel Basquiat

madonna-and-jean-michel-basquiat.png

Madonna dated the late artist for a brief period in the early 1980s, and it was interesting to hear her describe how, upon breaking up with him over his heroin use, he demanded she return all the paintings he had given her before defiling them: "I loved him....when I broke up with him he made me give them all back to him, and then he painted over all of them black."

8. The stuff she said about astrology

"I believe it's a science," she told an incredulous Howard. "I respect it, yeah...[but] not the stuff you read in the New York Post!" Had it been anyone but Madonna saying this, I'm reasonably certain Howard's head would have exploded.

9. When she discussed her BRIT Awards fall

"The first thing that flashed through my mind was, 'I've gotta start this all over again,'" she said of her nasty tumble at the U.K. ceremony. "And then I realized it’s live TV…then I just danced like an angry matador for the next 30 seconds."

10. When she basically took credit for inventing reality TV

"Don't you think 'Truth or Dare' was the start of reality television?" asked Howard. ""It absolutely was," answered Madonna. There, done.

giphy.gif

11. When she talked about preparing for her Super Bowl halftime show

For someone who so flawlessly projects confidence as a performer and rarely shows her vulnerable side, it was interesting to hear Madonna describe her wracked nerves in the leadup to her Super Bowl halftime performance: "Oh my god, I was so nervous. Shitting myself," she said. And after it was over? "I was so relieved...that I went to my locker room, lay down on the floor and cried." For the first time.

*** In fairness to Madonna, there are two factors that may have contributed to this: a) her cold and b) the fact that she was wearing a grill, both of which were pointed out in the course of the interview. (UPDATED 3/12, 11:09am PT)

madonna-beautiful-stranger_01.jpg

http://www.hitfix.com/news/11-best-moments-from-madonnas-historic-howard-stern-interview

6. Her harsh thoughts on small town America

"I can't be around basic, provincial thinking people," she said on the topic of leaving her Michigan hometown for New York City. I guess we've heard this kind of thing from her before, but it's still a pretty telling statement on her feelings about "everyday" humans. Then again, it's the kind of harsh sentiment her fans seem to eat up; for a mainstream entertainer in our "stars, they're just like us" age, she can be startlingly, aggressively inaccessible at times.

Bullshit. I hate small towns and provincial mentalities in the US and France and i'm not a superstar. When you're different you can't feel at ease around narrow minded people whose idea of life is marrying your high school sweetheart really young, having children and die. When i was after my father passed away my mom made us move to south of france. Not one day passed without me hating it and telling it to people (they started it by considering me different because i was from Paris and i'm talking about teachers not even other kids). When i graduated from high school the very next day i moved out of there. I perfectly understand Madonna.

Bullshit. I hate small towns and provincial mentalities in the US and France and i'm not a superstar. When you're different you can't feel at ease around narrow minded people whose idea of life is marrying your high school sweetheart really young, having children and die. When i was after my father passed away my mom made us move to south of france. Not one day passed without me hating it and telling it to people (they started it by considering me different because i was from Paris and i'm talking about teachers not even other kids). When i graduated from high school the very next day i moved out of there. I perfectly understand Madonna.

The writer of the article should just listen to "Little Boxes" to comprehend what M is saying. I agree completely with M. Growing up in small towns surrounded by conforming literalists is just madness. shame that person doesn't have an open mind.

^

Robin is great! But she always gets shit. All I see from comments on YouTube links or Howard articles is how annoying she is. I don't get it. And she is a warrior for surviving an extremely aggressive form of cancer.

Yeah just coz she survived cancer doesn't mean she is a good interviewer. I found her to be fucking rude to Madonna and very annoying. She was only interested in salacious stuff and was very pushy and she was rude about Madonna as a mother. I'm surprised M didn't punch her.

OMG! Coming up at 11PM on Fox2 Detroit a story about Madonna SHADING Rochester!!! I am sure they're gonna ask residents their opinion and try to cause drama. Just saw a teaser during the 10PM local news!

OMG! Coming up at 11PM on Fox2 Detroit a story about Madonna SHADING Rochester!!! I am sure they're gonna ask residents their opinion and try to cause drama. Just saw a teaser during the 10PM local news!

I knew it ! It's not like they have better to do.

:ohmy: Where do they dig out these people to interview? :newspaper:

They just went to a strip mall in Rochester, found some basic people, played them clips of what she said and asked for their opinion.

:lmao:

I can't stop laughing because she looks very much like two people from my town :laugh:

Oh, I totally know the type! Some people will do anything for their 15 minutes of fame, even consent to be interviewed for a shady "news" segment...

They just went to a strip mall in Rochester, found some basic people, played them clips of what she said and asked for their opinion.

:lmao:

This reminded me of this that I came across the other day:

http://www.refinery29.com/2015/03/83592/madonna-new-album-review-rebel-heart

Like where do they find these people?! :lmao: I have never in my life seen a New Yorker just randomly stop on the street to be accosted by some interviewer, much less put on a random pair of headphones in the street. :newspaper:

Published on Mar 11, 2015

Madonna On Howard Show Full Interview 03/11/2015 FULL SHOW

Madonna reveals what really happened at The Brits. This show is on ITV on Saturday 14 March 2015.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZJV3l5bYCE

======================================

It says it will be aired on ITV on Saturday. Is this true? And Jonathan Ross is on Saturday as well right?

Edited by luilarios