The 2nd date additions thread. 2nd London O2 date finally added!!

Ai Papi Si.

Where is the other London show?

They should really add another, I only see a few hundred on resellers site. I think they are have some things planned ahead to promote her as a performing tour artist. I'm hoping she will do festivals.

Guest Rachelle of London

They should really add another, I only see a few hundred on resellers site. I think they are have some things planned ahead to promote her as a performing tour artist. I'm hoping she will do festivals.

Apparently it's all booked they just need to announce it. That's what makes me think that there's some more UK promo coming where they'll announce. Why else hold back on the announcement?

Guest Hunterlas

They obviously underestimated the damage MDNA did. It is shocking how low demand is in areas like LA, NY, Chicago and SF.

The "damage MDNA" did.... lol... You couldnt possibly sound more dramatic or ridiculous. Its 2015 and they are dealing with a very unique situation this time around, to blame MDNA is not only stupid but unfair.

Shell be just fine.

I don't think he's dramatic. What else would explain the lower demand other than the MDNA issues and the decline of her commercial performance musically? I followed the MDNA Tour like a hawk. Those sales were explosive out of the gate. Not so much this time.

I think she'll be fine too, when all is said and done, but she needs a hit. Bring on Ghosttown (PAYOLA!) and Bitch I'm Madonna. If not, the tour is gonna have to make most of its money overseas.

MDNA had bigger ticket sales in the USA because of Super Bowel and its associated payola "top 10" hit GMAYL.

The lack of those two factors and, yes, the damage to her brand inflicted by the MDNA tour has resulted in a less "brisk" ticket demand this time around (thus far) but it is far from a flop tour or anything even remotely approaching that.

Now sip on a cup of that but don't spill.

I'll buy a ticket for a second London show. But they need to forego those special packages. Who is going to pay £300 for a £175 ticket just so they can get a glass of champagne and a lanyard and sit in the lounge beforehand? :wired:

It's these packages that are slowing the sales.

Guest Hunterlas

What else would explain the lower demand other than the MDNA issues and the decline of her commercial performance musically?

I remember during the MDNA era people were furious cause they wanted "tons of promo" and Madonna "by herself" on her singles... and hey, even though thats what I wanted too, I clearly understood why Guy and Madonna put NM and MIA on the lead single and why they put all of her eggs on the Superbowl. It all worked out (brilliantly, btw) The MDNA album did OK, we had a single on the radio and the tour did great.

To blame MDNA for "lower demand" and the "decline of her commercial performance" makes no sense. Remember Confessions came right American Life.

Lets call a thing, a thing. Rebelheart hasnt connected with the masses, at least no yet.

Again, shell be fine. Im confident theyll add more dates, and even if they didnt, at the end of the day, this is a "failure" only for her own standars. 95% of the music acts out there could only dream to sell the amount of copies the Rebelheart album has sold worldwide and have a tour as succesful as the Rebelheart tour already is.

The lack of a hit song, coupled with high ticket prices and her refusal to play a lot of hits ( lets face it thats what the majority of the public want to hear) are affecting ticket sales. This era is not connecting with the public. Also her team have underestimated the damage MDNA did to her brand. Madonna just doesn't have the draw with casual fans and the general public that she used to.

If she had a hit song and ticket prices were lower I expect that ticket sales would be a bit brisker. I think her team are waiting a bit to see which shows sell out before adding any more dates. They cannot afford to have big gaps between shows as it costs money.

They should add a show at Wembley Arena, its intimate with a 12k capacity and reaches another market north of London.

I remember during the MDNA era people were furious cause they wanted "tons of promo" and Madonna "by herself" on her singles... and hey, even though thats what I wanted too, I clearly understood why Guy and Madonna put NM and MIA on the lead single and why they put all of her eggs on the Superbowl. It all worked out (brilliantly, btw) The MDNA album did OK, we had a single on the radio and the tour did great.

To blame MDNA for "lower demand" and the "decline of her commercial performance" makes no sense. Remember Confessions came right American Life.

Lets call a thing, a thing. Rebelheart hasnt connected with the masses, at least no yet.

Again, shell be fine. Im confident theyll add more dates, and even if they didnt, at the end of the day, this is a "failure" only for her own standars. 95% of the music acts out there could only dream to sell the amount of copies the Rebelheart album has sold worldwide and have a tour as succesful as the Rebelheart tour already is.

But Confessions had a global smash hit in HU, a legendary performance at EMA's and COADF was huge.The whole Confessions era was massive she had the public and casual fans on her side and could do no wrong. She has also received huge praise for her Live 8 performance at Hyde Park. Her stock was lot higher in 2005/2006 than it is now thats the difference.

Guest ziggy

Tourwise, it makes nothing but sense - Confessions Tour came not only on the heels of a smash hit record but The Reinvention Tour, a successful tour filled with hits that was the perfect antidote for the AL damage and gave her a revitalizing shot in the arm, whereas the MDNA Tour was the damage she now has to recover from.

Guest Hunterlas

But Confessions had a global smash hit in HU, a legendary performance at EMA's and COADF was huge.The whole Confessions era was massive she had the public and casual fans on her side and could do no wrong. She has also received huge praise for her Live 8 performance at Hyde Park. Her stock was lot higher in 2005/2006 than it is now thats the difference.

Dude, come on, thats exactly my point. She achieved all of that after American Life. How? with a first single and an album that connceted with people. Dont blame MDNA for shit. Had Living For Love been a big hit, anything else would have mattered and we wouldnt be having this conversation.

Maybe she's become too accessible? like, she tours pretty often and I feel like people saw her many times, thus why the decline? Not that I mind her touring, thank god she does because as far as I'm concerned I could see her every single day and never get tired.

Dude, come on, thats exactly my point. She achieved all of that after American Life. How? with a first single and an album that connceted with people. Dont blame MDNA for shit. Had Living For Love been a big hit, anything else would have mattered and we wouldnt be having this conversation.

With confessions it wasn't just a hit single and album the connected with people. She was coming off the back of a hugely successful RIT that was hits heavy and did a lot of damage control. MDNA did a lot of damage to her brand with the late starts and a setlist filled with songs that casual fans and the public were unfamiliar with.

People just aren't as willing to shell out top dollar for show where they don't know half the setlist and may start really late. The casual fans having had the chance to see her over the last decade but not get the hits they yearn to hear have given up on her.

Now if RH is hits heavy which I suspect it will be and her touring etiquette is better this time around them maybe some of the casual fans and public will jump back on board.

I really do think she needs to sing more old stuff and not 10 seconds of it. End of the day you have to please GP, not just fans.

Exactly. I think RH will have at least 10-12 big hits.

I think she knows she has to get people back on board. She can't afford any bad reviews or complaints from fans.

The "damage MDNA" did.... lol... You couldnt possibly sound more dramatic or ridiculous. Its 2015 and they are dealing with a very unique situation this time around, to blame MDNA is not only stupid but unfair.

Shell be just fine.

Dramatic or ridiculous? Looks like you live on another planet. Did you go to any MDNA shows in the US? Everyone apart from hardcore fans left the show very pissed off and it was one of the top stories on the local news in every city she visited the following day. Everyone was pretty satisfied with DW, Re-Invention, Confessions and Sticky. Apart from some unknown songs, people left very happy. Pretty much everyone I know who is not going this time uses the previous tour as their excuse.

Dramatic or ridiculous? Looks like you live on another planet. Did you go to any MDNA shows in the US? Everyone apart from hardcore fans left the show very pissed off and it was one of the top stories on the local news in every city she visited the following day. Everyone was pretty satisfied with DW, Re-Invention, Confessions and Sticky. Apart from some unknown songs, people left very happy. Pretty much everyone I know who is not going this time uses the previous tour as their excuse.

"Everyone apart from hardcore fans", really? Have you done some polls to assess this? And how many is "everyone I know"? 10 people out of 2,500,000? I agree that some people were pissed about the late shows and about the lack of oldies, but it's not a proof that "everyone was pissed" and that the MDNA Tour did damages...

On every tour, she pissed some people. There were "top stories" on the medias about other tours too, I remember seeing people complaining about the anti-Bush aspects of the Re-invention tour, or the pro-Obama messages during the Sticky and Sweet tour (she was booed by people too), and I'm sure I've seen a TV report about people leaving the Confessions Tour in Paris and complaining about her for some reason (I think they said she was "cold" and didn't say hello and goodbye). And don't forget the article about "Madonna fans hating her terrible voice on Rebel Heart" that was based on 3 tweets...

Madonna always pisses off people because she speaks her mind, she won't change this because she wouldn't be Madonna. And the lack of hits is really relative : the MDNA tour had Papa Don't Preach, Hung Up, Express Yourself, Open Your Heart, Justify My Love, Human Nature, Erotica, Like a Virgin, Like a Prayer, Celebration. It's not like she sang Hey You and Superstar in a loop for 2 hours.

We are talking about the Rebel Heart Tour, she will sing songs from this album and like 10 oldies. She won't change her fucking show. If some people want to live in the past and hear only oldies, they can skip this tour and wait until her greatest hit tour, that will probably happen in the future but it will be in big stadiums, not arenas. She knows what she's doing ;)

Such negativity vibes in here. Let's agree on one thing, her tour will be number 1 by the end of the year, and all these haters will come crawling back to her feet praising the queen. It's the whole cycle of love hate that the public has for her and it is fascinating.\

Carry on here....

. Who is going to pay £300 for a £175 ticket just so they can get a glass of champagne and a lanyard and sit in the lounge beforehand? :wired:

assholes with money

"Everyone apart from hardcore fans", really? Have you done some polls to assess this? And how many is "everyone I know"? 10 people out of 2,500,000? I agree that some people were pissed about the late shows and about the lack of oldies, but it's not a proof that "everyone was pissed" and that the MDNA Tour did damages...

On every tour, she pissed some people. There were "top stories" on the medias about other tours too, I remember seeing people complaining about the anti-Bush aspects of the Re-invention tour, or the pro-Obama messages during the Sticky and Sweet tour (she was booed by people too), and I'm sure I've seen a TV report about people leaving the Confessions Tour in Paris and complaining about her for some reason (I think they said she was "cold" and didn't say hello and goodbye). And don't forget the article about "Madonna fans hating her terrible voice on Rebel Heart" that was based on 3 tweets...

Madonna always pisses off people because she speaks her mind, she won't change this because she wouldn't be Madonna. And the lack of hits is really relative : the MDNA tour had Papa Don't Preach, Hung Up, Express Yourself, Open Your Heart, Justify My Love, Human Nature, Erotica, Like a Virgin, Like a Prayer, Celebration. It's not like she sang Hey You and Superstar in a loop for 2 hours.

We are talking about the Rebel Heart Tour, she will sing songs from this album and like 10 oldies. She won't change her fucking show. If some people want to live in the past and hear only oldies, they can skip this tour and wait until her greatest hit tour, that will probably happen in the future but it will be in big stadiums, not arenas. She knows what she's doing ;)

:chuckle::thumbsup:

Madonna tours have always been more self-indulgent than a mere experience for the fans filled with 80s/90s classics mostly . I wonder where some posters have been living all these years post 1993-2001 hiatus really. Ever since DWT. They say the same thing for every tour and then punctually Madonna becomes the # 1 touring draw of that year

I mean, seriously, it's as if this was NEWS, one day she woke up, went mad and decided to build her tours that way

If we were to go by their logic you really wouldn't be able to account for that $1.1 bn in gross for the years 2001-2012. They must have a really warped perception of what the GP wants. Maybe it's time to stop passing personal opinions "she's rude, she's late, she didn't play my fav song, everywhere I looked people seemed upset and felt raped" as the bible

Guest Rachelle of London

She does need to improve her rating on ticketmaster though. No way should someone like Madonna only have 1 star

Agree more with Jason on possible reasons for not greatest ticket sales in US so far.

Don't know about tickets sales outside of US, but tour will definitely be #1 world grossing tour again when it's done.

:chuckle::thumbsup:

Madonna tours have always been more self-indulgent than a mere experience for the fans filled with 80s/90s classics mostly . I wonder where some posters have been living all these years post 1993-2001 hiatus really. Ever since DWT. They say the same thing for every tour and then punctually Madonna becomes the # 1 touring draw of that year

I mean, seriously, it's as if this was NEWS, one day she woke up, went mad and decided to build her tours that way

If we were to go by their logic you really wouldn't be able to account for that $1.1 bn in gross for the years 2001-2012. They must have a really warped perception of what the GP wants. Maybe it's time to stop passing personal opinions "she's rude, she's late, she didn't play my fav song, everywhere I looked people seemed upset and felt raped" as the bible

Who said anything about Drowned, Re-Invention, Confessions and Sticky? In the US everything went very smoothly and she was on stage by 9pm. People were very satisfied. I never heard of a single complaint by anyone. Unlike with MDNA where you had whole arenas booing her.

Some people just hate hearing anything other than blind ass kissing and sugarcoating. Why bother trying to explain, you'll get attacked and told to fuck off or get a smugly written essay.

There's nothing wrong with pointing out that there were some serious errors made during the MDNA Tour that turned off some people. That does not take away from how amazing the tour was or how hard she worked. You still can't deny that.

Guest Hunterlas

Moka, you just get it baby.

And btw, I much prefer the "smugly written essay" over the dramatic and tidious novela...