The 2nd date additions thread. 2nd London O2 date finally added!!

Ai Papi Si.

Apart from one upper-tier block, there are only single seats left for the Stockholm show.

Considering the abysmal ticket sales for the Gothenburg show of the MDNA Tour, when the venue was only 60% full, this is amazing.

I guess a 2nd show will be announced on 15 November.

Guest ziggy

Apart from one upper-tier block, there are only single seats left for the Stockholm show.

Considering the abysmal ticket sales for the Gothenburg show of the MDNA Tour, when the venue was only 60% full, this is amazing.

I guess a 2nd show will be announced on 15 November.

Not to belittle this achievement, but the high demand for the Stockholm tickets also stems from the fact she's not touring in Norway and/or Finland this time. I'm going to Berlin but I think most Finns who want to see her are going to Stockholm.

As for Herning, though... :manson:

Let's not forget that 120,000 people showed up during the SS tour in Sweden. The demand for Madonna in that country is obviously very high. The only reason so few came to the MDNA tour is because Gothenburg is a shit hole far away from the Stockholm. It's difficult to get there and Swedes had to do it for the last two tours.

I think she can score two nights this time around given that it's in Stockholm!

I should have read the rest of the thread first! :) Glad we have basically the same story! Another difference is that back then, the catwalk didn't reach almost the back of the floor, so the view from those seats will be even better this time.

Yeah. I had never paid so much for tickets before, or since, so I was surprised they were in the stands, but we weren't far away and that catwalk was everything, as you know.

I still get chills thinking of the disco ball opening. God, the crowd went crazy.

Well she had no trouble selling out 2 shows in Edmonton within minutes!Even the $1750 floor seats are all gone. Granted she's never been here before. She can easily add another show and it would sell out. Interest in seeing her live here is absolutely massive. She should definitely tour more places she's never visited before.

Another factor that is playing a part in ticket sales being sluggish is her setlists. Her new music is not selling like it

used to. LFL and the singles from the last album flopped almost everywhere. Casual fans and the general public do not want to go to a show and listen to songs they are unfamiliar with or classic songs that are reinvented so they are almost unrecognisable to them.

If her new music continues to underperform then she will struggle to sell tickets unless she includes more classic songs.

I know so many people who went the last show and said half of the setlist bored them. It leaves an impression on people and they are reluctant to shell out top dollar again.

Oh and why did they not think that starting the show ridiculously late wasn't going to make people think twice about paying to see her again?

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2012/11/20/anger-frustration-at-madonnas-miami-concert/

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2012/08/29/madonna-booed-after-taking-stage-hours-late-in-philadelphia/

I was at the Philadelphia show and half of the row behind me left. They were pissed (all women in their 40's/late 30's). She was booed big time and right after that suddenly the show started. It was great (Philly has great crowds) but it was all over the local news the fact that she was late. Especially because it was her first NA show.

I was at the Philadelphia show and half of the row behind me left. They were pissed (all women in their 40's/late 30's). She was booed big time and right after that suddenly the show started. It was great (Philly has great crowds) but it was all over the local news the fact that she was late. Especially because it was her first NA show.

I was there that night - and yeah the booing was bad where I was - in section 124 - horrible atmosphere at that point. After the show everyone was complaining and it really dragged me down because I had a great time regardless of the start time - I mean, yeah, I had to go to work the next morning but still, it was a great show and I love the MDNA tour - surprisingly, the Atlantic City show was better crowd wise - and that is rare! We even got "Holiday" that night.

I was there that night - and yeah the booing was bad where I was - in section 124 - horrible atmosphere at that point. After the show everyone was complaining and it really dragged me down because I had a great time regardless of the start time - I mean, yeah, I had to go to work the next morning but still, it was a great show and I love the MDNA tour - surprisingly, the Atlantic City show was better crowd wise - and that is rare! We even got "Holiday" that night.

AC show was definitely great, and holiday was especially special to hear!

I also had to stay at a hotel after AC instead of driving back to NY because she went on so late. I think that perhaps there appeared to be less complaints about the late start because it was a Saturday night and I'm assuming most people don't work on Sundays.

Seriously, I can't fathom EVER leaving a show of ANYONE for whatever reason. I paid, made the effort to haul arse some place...I'm staying! And then add to it that it's Madonna...what kind of crazy. I could have waited around for 24 hours for MDNA to start...that was half the fun :D

AC show was definitely great, and holiday was especially special to hear!

I also had to stay at a hotel after AC instead of driving back to NY because she went on so late. I think that perhaps there appeared to be less complaints about the late start because it was a Saturday night and I'm assuming most people don't work on Sundays.

More than likely it was due to it being on a weekend - but also it was pretty well known by then that Madonna came on late - perhaps most people heard about it and expected it? Either way, out of the two shows I went to, AC was more enjoyable - even though I had an amazing seat in Philly and an OK one in AC.

Seriously, I can't fathom EVER leaving a show of ANYONE for whatever reason. I paid, made the effort to haul arse some place...I'm staying! And then add to it that it's Madonna...what kind of crazy. I could have waited around for 24 hours for MDNA to start...that was half the fun :D

I can't either! I mean, ok, 10:30pm was late, but I am NOT leaving unless an announcement is made that the show is cancelled or something. After paying, and waiting for the show date, and getting to the venue, buying your merchandise - and then...leaving? NO, not happening! I'd sit there until the next morning if I had to....sorry, won't be in for work - still waiting for Madonna....deal with it.

Edited by UnapologeticRebel

I can't either! I mean, ok, 10:30pm was late, but I am NOT leaving unless an announcement is made that the show is cancelled or something. After paying, and waiting for the show date, and getting to the venue, buying your merchandise - and then...leaving? NO, not happening! I'd sit there until the next morning if I had to....sorry, won't be in for work - still waiting for Madonna....deal with it.

You and I...last ones standing...with M of course :lol:

Is it "disrespectful" for the act to show up late for a rock concert, or is it simply a rock concert where an element of unpredictability is expected. A rock star showing up late is precisely what's fun and magical about going to a live event - it makes me, for one, feel human and alive. Casual fans who treat this like a dehumanized Disney product that they pay for are of course going to feel "disrespected." Guess what, dear Mr. Casual Fan, she didn't stop making music in 1989, she's not here to cater to your ignorance.

They were all rich bitches.... I, on the other hand, sold a kidney for those tickets so I was going to sleep there if necessary.... I remember that by the time I could get out of the parking lot it was almost 2AM. I drove back to NY and missed the turnpike and drove thru every little town in NJ... ended up arriving in my hotel room in Manhattan at 4AM! I was there for a conference and missed the whole morning sessions.... but I was not sorry...

They were all rich bitches.... I, on the other hand, sold a kidney for those tickets so I was going to sleep there if necessary.... I remember that by the time I could get out of the parking lot it was almost 2AM. I drove back to NY and missed the turnpike and drove thru every little town in NJ... ended up arriving in my hotel room in Manhattan at 4AM! I was there for a conference and missed the whole morning sessions.... but I was not sorry...

Wear it like a badge of honour! :clap:

So, what do you think is more likely? A 2nd date in London on 2 December or a 3rd date in Amsterdam on 3 December?

On the one hand, the London show seems to be completely sold out, apart from VIP Party packages and 67 seats that appear to be available only with Platinum tickets.

On the other hand, the Amsterdam show on 5 December sold out in minutes and for the one on 6 December, there are only 13 single seats left.

Another factor that is playing a part in ticket sales being sluggish is her setlists. Her new music is not selling like it

used to. LFL and the singles from the last album flopped almost everywhere. Casual fans and the general public do not want to go to a show and listen to songs they are unfamiliar with or classic songs that are reinvented so they are almost unrecognisable to them.

If her new music continues to underperform then she will struggle to sell tickets unless she includes more classic songs.

I know so many people who went the last show and said half of the setlist bored them. It leaves an impression on people and they are reluctant to shell out top dollar again.

Oh and why did they not think that starting the show ridiculously late wasn't going to make people think twice about paying to see her again?

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2012/11/20/anger-frustration-at-madonnas-miami-concert/

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2012/08/29/madonna-booed-after-taking-stage-hours-late-in-philadelphia/

It was bad press all around for sure, but the reason she went on so late from what I recall is because they had to test all the machinery used in the show, which took a long time. Madonna never risks safety for herself and her dancers. Look how annoyed she gets if there's water on her stage.

It was bad press all around for sure, but the reason she went on so late from what I recall is because they had to test all the machinery used in the show, which took a long time. Madonna never risks safety for herself and her dancers. Look how annoyed she gets if there's water on her stage.

That may have been part of it too but I thought the main factor in her late start times is that she would be rehearsing until late afternoon/early evening.

Guest Hunterlas

Listen, I can defend almost anything Madonna does... But even I cant help her on this one. There was no reason to always start so late. It never bothered me cause I love drinking allover the arena talking to other fans, besides I want the night to last forever BUT I can understand how bothered most people.

Guest Rocco Papa

When she was on Ellen at that time, she said that she only went on so late, because she "had so much to do." She also said that she told Guy that she "doesn't waste one second of her day."

The fact is, nobody but her and those she worked with knew why she started so late. But it's unfair to judge if you don't know the whole story. Maybe a smarter thing to do would be to have a later start time on the tickets.

I also remember Madonna's official website posting news updates during the US leg telling audiences when she would take the stage. I do think they tried their best not to disappoint audiences and let them know what to expect before they got there.