The 2nd date additions thread. 2nd London O2 date finally added!!

Ai Papi Si.

Guest Hunterlas

I thought she had 2 stages? 3 if you include the smaller one.

There are always two stages. What you mean by the "smaller one" ??

Guest Rachelle of London

I thought the 2nd London date has been scheduled for 12 December. That's the date that's been floating about for a while

I thought the 2nd London date has been scheduled for 12 December. That's the date that's been floating about for a while

Oh really? Where? Tell us more Chellie babes!

In other news you're coming to Brum yes? We must meet there x

Guest Rachelle of London

Yeah dec 12 is the date that's been floating about since before the original date was planned. Obviously it could be fake but I've heard nothing about December 2nd at all. We just have to wait.

I've got tickets for all UK shows except Glasgow so I'll defo see you at one of them. I'm most excited for bham because it's such a small arena!!!! Can't wait!

Excellent! I will get myself to a London show, just waiting for this 2nd one to get announced. I think that'll be it for me this time around though (2 UK shows and a Euro show). :thumbsup:

MY REBEL HEART !!!

DWT, RIT and CT were amazing successes in the UK. She played 8 nights at Wembley Arena (12k capacity) for CT.

For S&S they moved her to Wembley stadium but kept ticket prices the same (with a few cheaper ones as well for £65). The most expensive seat at the stadium was £160 which got you a seat by the pitch side. In comparison for CT a £160 ticket was floor seats by the catwalk.

Therfore the S&S tickets were massively overpriced. Wembley arena would fit on the pitch on the stadium. This meant no seats in the stadium were value for money. The stadium was booked for a second date but it didn't happen due to sluggish sales for the first one.

Then she started late so the tube station was shut after the concert's end so people couldn't get home. And the concert audio was terrible.

For MDNA she played Hyde Park in London. It's better for getting to and from but it's basically a field and unpopular with concert goers. Tickets were £150(?) for golden circle or £75 for general standing. It's a shit 'venue' and it was windy so the sound was muddy. Plus the volume was kept reduced due to complaints from residents.

The S&S and MDNA gigs did her no favours in the UK (well at least in London) due to these factors. Now that the RH tour is well overpriced at the O2 she is going to struggle further.

Thank you.

I did go for CT at Wembley. it was perfect coz i got a front row ticket the day of the show... but I remember it was seat assigned.

Im asking coz im still trying to figure out which dates/cities to go to. I guess if there are risks in the sound systems then I might as well avoid London.

Thank you.

I did go for CT at Wembley. it was perfect coz i got a front row ticket the day of the show... but I remember it was seat assigned.

Im asking coz im still trying to figure out which dates/cities to go to. I guess if there are risks in the sound systems then I might as well avoid London.

O2 sound is fine as it's an indoor arena. Tube will be running 24 hours by then too so transport should be fine.

S&S sound was crap in one part of the stadium as a bank of speakers blew during Oakenfold's set, not all of it. I saw Take That later and it was fine. As for MDNA, that was outside too and the wind kept changing direction meaning the sound volume kept fluctuating and it was a cold, miserable day which didn't help.

I've seen three M tours outdoors and two indoors and the indoor ones were better in terms of sound and view. But yes, O2 is a good venue.

I'm surprised there is only one London venue so far but I'm sure another will happen but things just take a little longer nowadays. It's still eight months away.

There are so many big names touring now, it's kind of overwhelming. It's the same with music festivals. People can't go to everything.

CT Wembley Arena was my best Madonna London gig experience, followed closely by The Girlie Show at Wembley Stadium.

I didn't go to S&S at Wembley Stadium but S&S Part 2 at the O2 arena was LIFE ITSELF.

There are always two stages. What you mean by the "smaller one" ??

Theres a slightly smaller one, although the same to fit into the more intimate arenas. She had it last time, shes obviously got it this time too if you compare the seating plan from London to Birmingham.

Guest Rachelle of London

The tube will only be 24 hours on Fridays and Saturdays and only some lines. The London show is on a Tuesday so 24 hr night tube won't apply. There will still be a rush at the end of the show

Guest Rachelle of London

Theres a slightly smaller one, although the same to fit into the more intimate arenas. She had it last time, shes obviously got it this time too if you compare the seating plan from London to Birmingham.

Yup.

Guest Hunterlas

I can assure you that Birmingham floorplan is not to scale... doubt any of them are. I think all stages are the same size. In the past they have managed to make them taller for stadiums but never larger on surface.

pdvd_008-300x200.jpg

I think they knew demand wouldn't be insane (yet) which is why she isn't touring til the end of august so she can promote throughout the next few months. It's quite normal, she isn't know as someone that yours every ten years as she was when DWT came about so that dilutes the anticipation. I haven't bothered to watch her live since DWT but I would like to see this tour purely because the music is so good again.

The tube will only be 24 hours on Fridays and Saturdays and only some lines. The London show is on a Tuesday so 24 hr night tube won't apply. There will still be a rush at the end of the show

You mean now London has the tube going 24 hrs on weekends? Nice :wow:

When did this start?

I think they knew demand wouldn't be insane (yet) which is why she isn't touring til the end of august so she can promote throughout the next few months. It's quite normal, she isn't know as someone that yours every ten years as she was when DWT came about so that dilutes the anticipation. I haven't bothered to watch her live since DWT but I would like to see this tour purely because the music is so good again.

:thumbsup:

And anyway it's a business pattern followed by U2 too, her only other touring match

They have saturated North America and Europe during the last few years

But some fans here act like it's only Madonna doing arenas now

Europe in particular is not navigating in good financial waters and hasn't for a good six years now

I hate jaded folks saying exaggerated or completely false things as truth. Sticky 2008 was insanely amazing except to about 100 out of 80000 and even most of those just like to bitch.

"Let me condense the tour experience for all of England in a sentence." Ugh

Young people fall prey to this rewriting of history it's so sad.

And for the ones complaining about MDNA Hyde Park: not everything was Madonna's fault, starting with the ridiculous lowered volume demanded by Mayfair residents together with the fact that she was forced to start in broad daylight because threatened to be fined. They pulled the plug on an act in the middle of their performance days before her gig, can't remember if it was Springsteen or someone else

People keep saying that there is nothing wrong with pointing out what is wrong with her tours etc. Fair enough, but when some people tell us over and over that the general public is over her, she tours too much, people hated her last tour, it does get negative. Pointing out faults is all fine and keeps things real but when it is the main topic of posts, people generally turn off. There is only so many times you can hear it. So many regular members are not posting here at the moment and the constant put-downs are the very reason. I am expecting CMoody to turn up soon with his quotes from all the people at the concert re her lateness.

:chuckle::thumbsup:

You mean now London has the tube going 24 hrs on weekends? Nice :wow:

When did this start?

Starts in September I think

And for the ones complaining about MDNA Hyde Park: not everything was Madonna's fault, starting with the ridiculous lowered volume demanded by Mayfair residents together with the fact that she was forced to start in broad daylight because threatened to be fined. They pulled the plug on an act in the middle of their performance days before her gig, can't remember if it was Springsteen or someone else

It wasn't midway, it was towards the end of Springsteen's gig and Paul McCartney was playing with him too!

It's was a bad choice of venue which was confirmed when the Wireless festival turned to need deep mud the week before.

Still, Kylie's playing there in June so somehow it keeps getting booked!

I can assure you that Birmingham floorplan is not to scale... doubt any of them are. I think all stages are the same size. In the past they have managed to make them taller for stadiums but never larger on surface.

This is amazing news!! I wanted London but the price was crazy so settled on Birmingham, still paid an extortionate amount for floor seats though. When i read that the Birmingham stage was scaled down i was gutted...

Guest Hunterlas

This is amazing news!! I wanted London but the price was crazy so settled on Birmingham, still paid an extortionate amount for floor seats though. When i read that the Birmingham stage was scaled down i was gutted...

You have nothing to worry about. You gonna get the Rebel Heart experience in all of its glory!

To answer the original question, a second London date will be/might be announced after....

Rebel Heat Packages

Hot Ticket Packages

VIP Party Packages

Runway Packages

Premium VIP Party Packages

Heart Stage Packages

Platinum Seating Packages

Ultimate VIP Experience Packages

....which have been allocated to almost three quarters of the arena either sell at the inflated rip-off prices, or sell when they're eventually put back to the original prices they should have been in the first place (which they won't want to do)

Not to mention after they offload the tickets from the ticketmaster-platinum site - "market-based pricing (adjusting prices according to supply and demand) for live event tickets" ie.officially scalping their own tickets

That also answers why not one of the 4 UK arena dates in small-mid size arenas (Less than 50,000 tickets) has actually sold out yet.

It's taking the piss out of fans quite frankly, and NOT necessarily Madonna's fault, but her Live Nation management.

Madge is my number one, always has been;always will be, but let's not kid ourselves. These rinkydink 11 -18k arenas in what was once her second biggest market should have sold out within days if not hours.

It's just pure greed. Who the hell wants to pay 500 quid to guarantee a seat next to some long ass catwalk that she'll simply walk-on-by a couple of times when back in the day if you were lucky enough to bring up the best available ticket then yay you!? Or 600 quid to sit in the corner with your laminate and cheap bubbly? Or 120 quid to sit up in the nosebleeds staving off vertigo? Every single floor ticket is at the highest price level - that's if you're lucky enough to get one that's not in those ridiculous packages. They've shot themselves in the foot yet again,

And before the apologists that bought their 120 euro general admission tickets come wandering in....JOG ON... and quite frankly if the only way to break touring records is by using those tactics then that's nothing to crow about.

Madge is my number one, always has been;always will be, but let's not kid ourselves. These rinkydink 11 -18k arenas in what was once her second biggest market should have sold out within days if not hours.

It's just pure greed. Who the hell wants to pay 500 quid to guarantee a seat next to some long ass catwalk that she'll simply walk-on-by a couple of times when back in the day if you were lucky enough to bring up the best available ticket then yay you!? Or 600 quid to sit in the corner with your laminate and cheap bubbly? Or 120 quid to sit up in the nosebleeds staving off vertigo? Every single floor ticket is at the highest price level - that's if you're lucky enough to get one that's not in those ridiculous packages. They've shot themselves in the foot yet again,

And before the apologists that bought their 120 euro general admission tickets come wandering in....JOG ON... and quite frankly if the only way to break touring records is by using those tactics then that's nothing to crow about.

exactly

thats why im afraid for the prices in australia. everyone expects it to sell out but with those ridiculous prices (they may be higher in AUS) it may not sell out as fast as they want and she'll get a lot of backlash. live nation & oseary//whoever are being greedy. this might have worked for MDNA and sticky if they were arena shows (like the US part of the tour for the MDNA tour), but she's too "available" and toured a lot already in europe. plus, the stadium tours (especially sticky in europe and MDNA in london) did a lot of damage to her tour rep. (along with the late times in NY.)

they're totally out of touch with the public. the prices are reasonable in paris, amsterdam, spain etc but the UK & US and australia (im sure) are shameful and disrespectful

it used to be an event to see her, something special. people would react like they couldn't believe you're gonna see her. that's how special it was. she always had the reputation of being the one artist along with the rolling stones, U2, and MJ "to see" once in your life. and that is FOR NOW still the case in australia & asia and even south america, so I hope they aren't gonna ruin it there with the ridiculous prices :( but in most of europe & the US that rep isn't there anymore. and it's sad.

Guest Rachelle of London

My friends Prague ticket worked out at just over £60. It's cheaper for him to go there and stay then go to the London show and he lives in Greenwich (the area the O2 arena is in)

I have a feeling the prices will drop. I genuinely am in disbelief that Bham hasn't sold out. The arena is tiny

My friends Prague ticket worked out at just over £60. It's cheaper for him to go there and stay then go to the London show and he lives in Greenwich (the area the O2 arena is in)

I have a feeling the prices will drop. I genuinely am in disbelief that Bham hasn't sold out. The arena is tiny

can you see how many there are left?

Guest Rachelle of London

No I'm on my phone and TM is so slow on my phone. Just going on what Kim said about none of the UK has sold out. I thought Bham sold out weeks ago :(