The 2nd date additions thread. 2nd London O2 date finally added!!

Ai Papi Si.

Moka, you just get it baby.

And btw, I much prefer the "smugly written essay" over the dramatic and tidious novela...

Who was being dramatic except you tbh?

I feel like a fortune teller right now cuz I can just see your next overly aggressive and angry post after I make this 1

Guest Hunterlas

Who was being dramatic except you tbh?

I feel like a fortune teller right now cuz I can just see your next overly aggressive and angry post after I make this 1

Even as a fortune teller you get it wrong, I have nothing else to say to you.

Guest Rachelle of London

Why hasn't London 2 been added. Seriously,

I feel like calling up O2 and trying to get more info :lmao:

Why hasn't London 2 been added. Seriously,

I feel like calling up O2 and trying to get more info :lmao:

Was looking at tour schedule yesterday and thinking same thing because history of amazing ticket sales in UK.

Pretty certain another night will be added, but if not :shock:

Guest Rachelle of London

So many people are saying London is already booked but they haven't announced it. It's so annoying.

All the assholes that will skip RH Tour (whether so-called fans or general public) will regret it because this tour will be amazing and I'm sure she'll play loads of classics. I can feel it in my waters.

Who said anything about Drowned, Re-Invention, Confessions and Sticky? In the US everything went very smoothly and she was on stage by 9pm. People were very satisfied. I never heard of a single complaint by anyone. Unlike with MDNA where you had whole arenas booing her.

I was commenting on Moka's post as a whole not just referring to the late starts. One of the main complaints you frequently read on here is that she doesn't play enough 80s and 90s classics. I was agreeing with Moka that her shows have always been built that way: showcasing mainly material from the current studio album and adding a number of songs from the 80s or songs from more recent albums.

The most indulgent of choices was DWT obviously but that's exactly the point, after 8 years of not hitting the road she had 3 untoured studio albums to choose from. RIT compared to it felt more 80s classic friendly, yet 5 out of 11 AL tracks were still showcased and it's funny because you'd think she would have left them out alltogether judging by how some people here describe the AL era and how "lost" Madonna was in those years. Anyway the point of this particular criticism is that she's going to alienate the GP by not playing WTP or PDP on a loop, well if that were the case people simply wouldn't have come back after DWT, after RIT, after CT, after S&S etc ... because they all follow the same structure with the only exception possibly being RIT

Now regarding the late MDNA starts in the US, she released a statement at the time or said it in an interview that there was a reason for it, that she wanted to make everything perfect for the fans and that there had been some technical glitches. I'm genuinely curious now. Did she make people wait for two hours for every single North American MDNA gig? And if so do you think that she actually enjoyed keeping people waiting in the arenas for two hours? And what was she doing during her wicked game? Maybe she was doing her manicure or maybe she was doing warm-ups with Brahim, who knows.

All the assholes that will skip RH Tour (whether so-called fans or general public) will regret it because this tour will be amazing and I'm sure she'll play loads of classics. I can feel it in my waters.

preach it sista :thumbsup:

Maybe she's become too accessible? like, she tours pretty often and I feel like people saw her many times, thus why the decline? Not that I mind her touring, thank god she does because as far as I'm concerned I could see her every single day and never get tired.

Smartest post so far in a thread full of ding bats ;) !

Madonna has shot herself in the foot by touring the same markets ( every tour going to fucking America and Europe ) whilst starving other regions. A bit like lady gaga, people get over it ( or cant continue to afford it ) after a while when their is no break. Unlike local stars who have / can only predominantly play in their own specific regions, Madonna is an international star of the highest caliber who should have thought about a more varied tour schedule, so as not to over saturate the same markets. The perfect example of a tour schedule is South America.

Madonna should probably give Kylie or Mariah a call and see of she can borrow some of those black curtains they use to blockout unsold sections of arenas ;)

I agree with Ivy, it was bound to happen. The reason that I had to go to MDNA on my own is that my friends all said 'weve been with you 10 times now' or 'its just too expensive when weve seen her so many times before' they all wanted to go, but at our age people have kids and mortgages and if they have seen someone 8-10 times they will skip a tour.

My friends do love the new album though and all want to go but are making the same excuses. She has (good for me, bad for the promoters) performed here that much that virtually everyone has been. Its not a once in a lifetime better get the tickets thing. Its too expensive for casuals, they have been before (and probably loved loved it and been again too).

Sorry if that sounds horrible to the Ozzies.x We still want her here BIG TIME!!!! She is amazing yet I think all of the once in a life time casual fans have been.

It also seemed like M was picking up younger new fans with some albums like Music, Confessions, and HC.

Don't think she has not picked up too many new fans with RH as of yet, but hopefully that can change.

People keep saying that there is nothing wrong with pointing out what is wrong with her tours etc. Fair enough, but when some people tell us over and over that the general public is over her, she tours too much, people hated her last tour, it does get negative. Pointing out faults is all fine and keeps things real but when it is the main topic of posts, people generally turn off. There is only so many times you can hear it. So many regular members are not posting here at the moment and the constant put-downs are the very reason. I am expecting CMoody to turn up soon with his quotes from all the people at the concert re her lateness.

What's the past issues of her london shows? Can someone list them and what went wrong?

DWT, RIT and CT were amazing successes in the UK. She played 8 nights at Wembley Arena (12k capacity) for CT.

For S&S they moved her to Wembley stadium but kept ticket prices the same (with a few cheaper ones as well for £65). The most expensive seat at the stadium was £160 which got you a seat by the pitch side. In comparison for CT a £160 ticket was floor seats by the catwalk.

Therfore the S&S tickets were massively overpriced. Wembley arena would fit on the pitch on the stadium. This meant no seats in the stadium were value for money. The stadium was booked for a second date but it didn't happen due to sluggish sales for the first one.

Then she started late so the tube station was shut after the concert's end so people couldn't get home. And the concert audio was terrible.

For MDNA she played Hyde Park in London. It's better for getting to and from but it's basically a field and unpopular with concert goers. Tickets were £150(?) for golden circle or £75 for general standing. It's a shit 'venue' and it was windy so the sound was muddy. Plus the volume was kept reduced due to complaints from residents.

The S&S and MDNA gigs did her no favours in the UK (well at least in London) due to these factors. Now that the RH tour is well overpriced at the O2 she is going to struggle further.

Smartest post so far in a thread full of ding bats ;) !

Madonna has shot herself in the foot by touring the same markets ( every tour going to fucking America and Europe ) whilst starving other regions. A bit like lady gaga, people get over it ( or cant continue to afford it ) after a while when their is no break. Unlike local stars who have / can only predominantly play in their own specific regions, Madonna is an international star of the highest caliber who should have thought about a more varied tour schedule, so as not to over saturate the same markets. The perfect example of a tour schedule is South America.

Madonna should probably give Kylie or Mariah a call and see of she can borrow some of those black curtains they use to blockout unsold sections of arenas ;)

I honestly think this makes more sense than anything else, more than "the public was pissed off cause she didn't perform classics, or she was late to her shows". I actually had people telling me "Oh, she's going on tour AGAIN? didn't she just finish her tour like last year?"

Apparently it's no longer something exciting now.

Hoping as new singles are released and more good promo, including payola, M picks up new fans this era who will be interested in seeing her.

When positive concert reviews start pouring in and word is out she has included the "hits" GP wants, maybe demand will increase and some dates will be added. Trying to remain positive here! :yes:

I hate jaded folks saying exaggerated or completely false things as truth. Sticky 2008 was insanely amazing except to about 100 out of 80000 and even most of those just like to bitch.

"Let me condense the tour experience for all of England in a sentence." Ugh

Young people fall prey to this rewriting of history it's so sad.

Its likely she'll perform on Live Earth this coming June.She killed it with Hung Up last time.Hopefully her performance of couple of songs on a global stage can help push some tickets

*waiting for 2nd Vegas date*

Guest Hunterlas

I hate jaded folks saying exaggerated or completely false things as truth. Sticky 2008 was insanely amazing except to about 100 out of 80000 and even most of those just like to bitch.

"Let me condense the tour experience for all of England in a sentence." Ugh

Young people fall prey to this rewriting of history it's so sad.

Its all good, lets educate those bitches. One by one.

At the end of the day let's not forget she's also playing Manchester, Birmingham and Glasgow on this tour. So she's doing at least 5 shows in the UK. When you put that in context and look at, say, DWT when she did 6 arena shows in all of the UK (all in London) then really Rebel Heart Tour will show post some good numbers for her in the UK.

So hurry up and add a 2nd London date for the Queen, British motherfuckers!!

or maybe one before the first concert, instead of a second one in barcelona?

No - the venue is already booked for another show on November 28th and 29th, and they'd need more than one day to set everything up (which rules out November 30th). The venue is also booked out for December 3rd and 4th, which means that December 2nd is the only option (and likely always has been - they've probably always only planned two shows for London - they just haven't put the second one on sale yet). It's extremely unlikely that they'd fly from Spain to London and then back to Belgium and then back to London just to squeeze another show in (for which they'd have to set up the stage, then pull it down again, then set it up again for December 1st).

No - the venue is already booked for another show on November 28th and 29th, and they'd need more than one day to set everything up (which rules out November 30th). The venue is also booked out for December 3rd and 4th, which means that December 2nd is the only option (and likely always has been - they've probably always only planned two shows for London - they just haven't put the second one on sale yet). It's extremely unlikely that they'd fly from Spain to London and then back to Belgium and then back to London just to squeeze another show in (for which they'd have to set up the stage, then pull it down again, then set it up again for December 1st).

I thought she had 2 stages? 3 if you include the smaller one.

I thought she had 2 stages? 3 if you include the smaller one.

They'd still have to pull the stage down and set it back up again, since the venue has been booked for other shows on November 28th and 29th (the suggestion was that she could perform in London again instead of Spain, but this would involve setting the stage up, performing, then pulling it down so that the other act's shows could go ahead on November 28th and 29th, then putting it all together again for December 1st). Hope all is well with you, Barney!! :)