The 2nd date additions thread. 2nd London O2 date finally added!!

Ai Papi Si.

ok lets not go crazy. just think positively and objectively. all she has to do (or live nation, better) is lower the price of the over priced tickets on the US dates, for next week, definitely ask for reasonable prices like MDNa (and not 100 dollars for the worst seats and 300 or whatever for 90% of the arena) - just ask how much she asked for MDNA & it will sell out fine and it'll be okay. announce australia soon before this whole "not selling tickets" shit gets out worldwide or all over the web and sell those tix at REASONABLE prices in australia and japan in no time and it'll be great press and this whole thing will be forgotten. but live nation really are idiots for asking so much. they better not be stupid and pull this in australia. its time for ghost town now, maybe it could have some impact and she can start again and make it into a beautiful new era for rebel heart

Lets be honest she has been touring every 2,5 years and we know she will tour again in 2017

The late starts were very disrespectful , I am the most hardcore fan and i was disapointed with that

I was tired by the time the show started

+ the fact that you pay a lot for no so good seats

I remember when she played Murrayfield Stadium in Edinburgh for MDNA. I bought my ticket straightaway but It was widely known that she was struggling to sell it out. A few days before the show there was a miraculous 'glitch' on ticketmaster that meant that people were able to get tickets for free. Basically about 50 people from my work got free tickets along with hundreds more and the so called 'glitch' wasn't fixed for days. Clearly they wanted to have a full stadium and they were willing to give tickets away to avoid the embarrassment.

Guest Hunterlas

Yeah, looks like tix are selling slow this time around. She has been touring often, there was no Superbowl this time, tickets are expensive and there is no successful single playing on the radio.... Those are all facts, but Im positive that just cause it is not happening fast, doesnt mean it wont happen.

Lets hope she kills it on ELLEN but also that she does Letterman and Cohen AND do some promo concerts to remind people why they need to go see her.

over saturation everywhere and live nation allowing scalper prices in ticketmaster so ppl think it costs thousands to buy a ticket. (and US and canada are way over priced). she had to put the aussie concert tix on sale right away & positive press everywhere cuz that would sell out in mins!

but i better hope when (or if.. :chuckle: ) the aussie ticket will be onsale there will be some system to avoid mass resale or...

I remember when she played Murrayfield Stadium in Edinburgh for MDNA. I bought my ticket straightaway but It was widely known that she was struggling to sell it out. A few days before the show there was a miraculous 'glitch' on ticketmaster that meant that people were able to get tickets for free. Basically about 50 people from my work got free tickets along with hundreds more and the so called 'glitch' wasn't fixed for days. Clearly they wanted to have a full stadium and they were willing to give tickets away to avoid the embarrassment.

This isn't entirely true. Arthur Fogel himself cited the Edinburgh show as one of the fastest selling when some negative press about other Euro shows started appearing in the press. Certainly, golden circle and decent seats were unavailable fairly quickly, though they occasionally popped up now and then on Ticketmaster leading up to the show. ie. the rip off tickets from their 'official resellers' were returned and put back on sale

The glitch was a link sent to competition winners to get their (cheapo) ticket way up the back of the stadium. Someone spread the link around after it was discovered that anyone could put their details in. If they were that concerned about avoiding embarrassment, they would have focused on the dreadful Dublin 30k quarter full debacle and not Edinburgh's perfectly respectable 60k plus.

The general sale this coming week will be interesting anyway.

Ah I see, that would make more sense! :-) Although they clearly weren't that bothered seeing as they didn't shut the 'glitch' down quickly and still honoured the tickets sold erroneously.

Yeah I just hope next weeks general sales sell quickly! Last thing I want is the Hydro show cancelled!

Ah I see, that would make more sense! :-) Although they clearly weren't that bothered seeing as they didn't shut the 'glitch' down quickly and still honoured the tickets sold erroneously.

Yeah I just hope next weeks general sales sell quickly! Last thing I want is the Hydro show cancelled!

Yeah I think they probably figured 'what the hell, fill up the cheap seats' for a day or so. Certainly not fair on the people that actually paid for a ticket back there.

Guest CzarnaWisnia

Tickets are ridiculously expensive this time around, not that Madonna shows were ever cheap, but this time around my friends and I paid 192 dollars each ticket to be way up high in the 300 section for Toronto

gah, that's why I don't think I'll attend this time :(

I'm sure all of her shows will sell out in the end though.

do you guys think the higher prices in level 2 is because the catwalk is significantly longer so in their mind more people get to be closer? im not saying the prices are justifiable but trying to understand their logic (other than greed of course)

do we know the price of the tickets of the UK already? they can't ask a lot like in the US, the dates have to sell out quickly. better be around the same as MDNA or confessions, with not 80% of the arena being the most expensive

Do these things happen to other artists? I mean those reseller tickets showing like they are original tickets at exorbitant prices...

Seriously, there's a "hidden hand" moving the strings or something cause all this mess in this era is just NOT NORMAL.

Do these things happen to other artists? I mean those reseller tickets showing like they are original tickets at exorbitant prices...

Seriously, there's a "hidden hand" moving the strings or something cause all this mess in this era is just NOT NORMAL.

I agree there is a ton of mess this era that is just not normal, but what are you talking about? On all of the "buy on map" options, the resale tickets are CLEARLY indicated in red, and there is a legend on every page. It's not Ticketmaster's fault if people have complete reading comprehension failure. The resale tickets can't possibly be mistaken for the BLUE originally unsold tickets.

I remember I was at a gay bar a few months ago and a large group of gays was talking about tours and pop stars and many of them who you could say are casual fans said they are not going to any of her tours anymore because she let them wait for 3 hours and finished the concert at 1am on a weekday.

If gay guys who enjoy her music say that, imagine what the general public might think.

I remember I thought about trying to intervene, but I realized that I did not have a strong argument to defend her... I just didn't bother... :(

Confessions and Re-Invention were the epitome of smoothness and no complaints. Arenas and on stage by 8:45. Everyone happy.

At least, most Americans drive their own cars and can get home anytime they want. I was at the Sticky and Sweet show in London on 9/11/2008 and everyone was sooo pissed off with the sound quality and all that. And then on top of that because the show ended sort of late, the tube shut down and everyone was left behind not knowing how to get home. :lol: We ran very fast and caught the last train, but the thousands of people who were left people had to figure out a way to get taxis or night buses. It took them like 4-5 hours to get home. Seriously, that night was so damaging for Madonna in London. And then Hyde Park was another nail in the coffin.

I'm scared that her lateness will affect me like that too. I currently don't have my drivers license and the trains don't run after midnight so basically I would be homeless for a night if Madge starts late.

Tickets are ridiculously expensive this time around, not that Madonna shows were ever cheap, but this time around my friends and I paid 192 dollars each ticket to be way up high in the 300 section for Toronto

That's insane! :shock:

That's more expensive than the top priced tickets for the Danish show! Only Hot Ticket VIP packages are more expensive over here!

do we know the price of the tickets of the UK already? they can't ask a lot like in the US, the dates have to sell out quickly. better be around the same as MDNA or confessions, with not 80% of the arena being the most expensive

London O2 prices are:

£40, 85, 110 and 175.

London O2 prices are:

£40, 85, 110 and 175.

There are hardly any £40 seats and they are at the last few rows of the back blocks upper tier.

£80 seats are the back blocks of the upper teir. £120 seats are side blocks of upper tier and corners of the lower tier

£175 are side blocks and floor if you can get them because a lot of those seats are being sold as packages.

There is no way those upper tier seats should be priced at £120. Hardly anyone charges those prices.

They are excluding a lot of casual fans with the pricing structure.

Guest Hunterlas

2nd Night in Chicago is coming. First night is closing in on sold out fast.

Youve made my day!!!!!! You think itll happen next week?

Youve made my day!!!!!! You think itll happen next week?

Maybe. I'm not really sure how long they usually wait or take to announce extra shows though. Could be.

Oh, and the Post can once again go fuck itself.

I'm heartened that there's still serious promotion lined up. And I know this thread seems on the negative side, but dammit, I want her to succeed. That's what it comes down to

Agree. Reading some comments makes me not as excited for awhile there. But this is M. I hope the noncasual fans who've seen her perform would think about her showmanship (no one can do better) more than the the setbacks of the previous concert. Also, she plans to do a movie after this tour so there'll be quite a spell before she tours again so I'm going to really fill myself up with her music and her energy. I'm very positive that tix sales will pick up.

Edited by luilarios

How many 'epic' world tours do we/you think she will do after this? Just one more like a greatest hits or a few? I'm really not a concert person anyway and I'd have to go by myself, but I really think I should see her live once to be a proper fan. Rebel Heart won't be the last big tour will it?