The 2nd date additions thread. 2nd London O2 date finally added!!

Ai Papi Si.

After a whole week of seat sales, I was unpleasantly surprised to see good tickets still available for the Toronto show.

last tour it sold out in less than 2 hours and they added 2nd show right away.

I don't get it. not even scalpers snatching the seats up ?

not trying to sound negative, just shocked by these facts.

perhaps the price point is the main issue.

:mellow:

I genuinely think everyone was so caught up in the stan wars era and that whole Gaga obsession that it's filtered into the Madonna fan base and it is now acceptable to be "dragging" one another. The whole ATRL mentality is very rife nowadays. Were all fans!

So true, I really feel like the Gaga thing has more or less ruined the atmosphere of Madonna forums. It's embarrassing

Back on topic: will there be more NY dates added too, you think? Tbh I'm kinda sad it's looking to be such a bare bones US tour but what can you do

Guest Rachelle of London

I think with NYC they will add another date last minute. But she's doing two dates in NY area which is good. another date at the barclays centre would be amazing

Resorting to personal insults because people don't share your opinion is just damn right stupid. We've been discussing marketing strategies on Nation since I've been on here. It's all a part of the fun and madness of it all. If were not "allowed" to discuss her tours, albums, performances what would be the point of the forum?

And if it offends you to the point where you have to resort to insulting someone then start a thread about how well the tour is going. Simple.

At the end of the day were all fans but it's getting very frustrating where people who have been posting here for years have to put disclaimers in their posts because others get offended at the slightest thing. It's worrying.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Management complaints have been a staple of Madonna forums since online forums took off.

I remember the early days of "When will they release 'Impressive Instant' as a single?! There can't be just three singles form this album?!?!!?" :old:

After a whole week of seat sales, I was unpleasantly surprised to see good tickets still available for the Toronto show.

last tour it sold out in less than 2 hours and they added 2nd show right away.

I don't get it. not even scalpers snatching the seats up ?

It's the same situation in Vancouver. It actually makes me worried that she may decide to pass on the city the next time she tours....

I was talking to friends and some of them are waiting for last minute deals from scalpers, because they were apparently able to snatch up great seats at less than face value during the MDNA tour. And yes, the delayed start time was a major gripe here as well.

I took a friend with me last time and it left a bad impression on him, even though he admitted the show itself was great.

The price point is basically unchanged since 2004 and even DWT was 350 a ticket. My 2nd row floor seat through ticket master cost 398$ for RHT.

Maybe for those top price tickets it remains unchanged, but as pointed out already, some steep increases have happened with lower priced tickets this time (the only reason they're using that loooooong catwalk)

(it's that poster habit to make posts only to be agressive toward others...just ignore him)

during mdna era there was already these kind of discussions because some thoughts it was damaging the behaviour of starting 2+ hours late at every show, and i firmly agreed with this...casual fans, especially on weekdays are not happy to get back home at 2am or later...and then there's the word of mouth...; to have no hits on the schedule (but this is really a lesser problem...people go there because of the name, because they know they will assist on a great, pyrotechnic show and then, they really don't know the setlist when they buy the ticket....). and, talking of a spectacular show, obviously everybody takes a lot of money from stadium shows, but, unless they're rock show, they're not appropiate for shows like madonna's ones, that are very visuals....apart from the golden circle people only sees moving dots with, most of the time, not a so perfect sound; then there are the prices....and then, as i said a long time ago, madonna isn't an heritage or nostalgia act, she's not a rock group...people will run like flock to see u2, springsteen, rolling stones...with no problem of saturated markets....she needs hits, starting on time, more or less, reasonable priced tickets (s someone else said, even to broaden her fan base...)...european tickets on mdna tour should have been a ring alarm...it was a flop? absolutely no, but if anyone compares sales data with S&S or other tour, they would have been a clear picture of the situation....

hopefully with more promo show in US and ghosttown on radio and the launch of the album ticket sales will spike...

i agree with chelle the turin (surprised there was no more room between dates around this stop..) and london in europe are a given with paris and maybe barcelona....maybe glasgow too?

i hope that most of the cities in US will have added dates...do i remember wrongly or, for the last tour even in america dates where added not so soon since the first ticket sales?

Maybe for those top price tickets it remains unchanged, but as pointed out already, some steep increases have happened with lower priced tickets this time (the only reason they're using that loooooong catwalk)

and it seems to me, correct me if i'm wrong, an excessive of tickets have been reserved to special packages, and too much tickets have been kept by scalpers that are reselling them at shameful prices making great damages, because when people go to ticketmaster and they see 1,000 dollars (or even 6,000+ :ohmy: ) for tickets, they run away....and bye bye madonna show...

and it seems to me, correct me if i'm wrong, an excessive of tickets have been reserved to special packages, and too much tickets have been kept by scalpers that are reselling them at shameful prices making great damages, because when people go to ticketmaster and they see 1,000 dollars (or even 6,000+ :ohmy: ) for tickets, they run away....and bye bye madonna show...

I do think it's strange that Ticketmaster US allows resellers to be so blatant about advertising their exorbitant prices alongside so-called regular pricing. But that whole company is just a monopolized rip-off anyway.

The package thing is so totally random (for Glasgow at least) 'Rebel Heart packages' for nearly double the price being sold alongside regular tickets that are rows in front, "VIP Party" seats way up in the far corner. Amex holders having their pick of the front seats while fanclub members get offered crappy side blocks (with one or two exceptions) I've never known shit like this for any other artist...ever.

When the MDNA tour was announced it was announced after the Superbowl as the Madonna tour it took about 2 to 3 months before they change the name to MDNA - I bet people thought they were buying what they saw on the Super Bowl which was hits and a few new songs then when they got to the concert they probably didn't know half the songs or more of what was being done - I doubt these casual fans will be coming back for the new tour.

I also don't believe that there's many people that even know that she's on tour right now or that she has new music. I hear none of her music on the radio and I've only heard it one Joan of Arc song on Spotify - I think it's going to be a very hard sell.

I don't like her new music and haven't really bonded with her music since confessions on a dance floor. I can't imagine paying three or four hundred dollars to go listen to an album that I have yet to hear. I love Madonna and would love to see her succeed but there is no medium that is picking her up to get her music to enough non core fan people in order to get them interested.

The US economy is growing at its fastest rate since 2008 and is picking up steam she should be able to sell these tickets if people knew they existed and thought that they were going to hear hits (which they're not).

over saturation everywhere and live nation allowing scalper prices in ticketmaster so ppl think it costs thousands to buy a ticket. (and US and canada are way over priced). she had to put the aussie concert tix on sale right away & positive press everywhere cuz that would sell out in mins!

The simple fact that she has toured A LOT, is the main element though..

+1

The Rebel Heart Tour will be M's 6th major tour in 15 years.

Before 2000, she had done only 3 world tours within a similar time frame.

I do think it's strange that Ticketmaster US allows resellers to be so blatant about advertising their exorbitant prices alongside so-called regular pricing.

I agree. It just fans the flames of the never-ending suspicions that the ticket originators are in fact reselling their own tickets - and not real scalpers. It's almost as if they are not hiding it anymore. However, even without that theory, there are court rulings that disallow such market-place confusion which may cause a consumer to purchase the wrong product accidentally. I guess, one of us has to accidentally purchase a "resale ticket" on the Ticketmaster website thinking that it is an "original" and file a lawsuit claiming that we were tricked into paying more.

I think at this point Live Nation are just trying their luck. They don't care about some unsold seats or Madge's live legacy or any of that ish. It's all about the $$$ and making a return on their investment before her contract ends. No doubt they'll be counting on her doing a more hits oriented show in a coupla years to end this current deal...and that'll be another excuse to milk some more $$$.

She toured a lot and it's just too expensive for casual fans who have seen her recently. Full stop. No casual fan would pay these prices over and over again for a star they have seen recently. I paid £400 GBP for two tickets which I could have easily used for something more tangible if I wasn't a huge fan.

And in MDNA I know that people with shitty seats who still paid a little fortune weren't too happy as they were just too far away and they didn't think they got their money's worth.

Guys, just watch those videos Mark posted. People in the US were PISSED OFF and it was all over the news.

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2012/11/20/anger-frustration-at-madonnas-miami-concert/

You think any of these people will go to a Madonna concert ever again?

Unfortunately part of the public sees her as disrespectful, arrogant and greedy due to the MDNA tour fiasco in the US and I see it even among many gays around me. Look outside the madonnanation bubble to find the reasons. Hardcore fans are only a small percentage of the audience at her concerts.

Videos like the one above were all over the local news in many cities.

Madonna will pull through. Even if demand is not what it used to be, there's much time for tickets to move. If she goes to yet untapped markets, she most probably can cover for whatever deficiencies in the traditional saturated markets.

Talk about annoying!

I wasn't being negative - just stating what I believe is happening. I'm not too bothered about her selling out or not tbh.

Yeah everyone needs to calm the fuck down and stop crying about negative this, negative that. What the hell did we sign up to do at this place? Lie to ourselves and pretend and talk about Lady GAGA?

It's the same thing with Living For Love, when it started bombing in the USA people were like omg you are all so NEGATIVE what's wrong with you waaaaaa *sobbing* and it's like wtf? Weren't we discussing the song's stats? Did you want us to say SMASH when it peaked at #108? Weirdoes

Guest Hunterlas

I wasn't being negative - just stating what I believe is happening. I'm not too bothered about her selling out or not tbh.

Dude, I was agreeing with you.

As for the others? bitches are going to BITCH, cause they are what? BITCHES