The 2nd date additions thread. 2nd London O2 date finally added!!

Ai Papi Si.

Level 100 for Barclays is mid-bowl, so those prices did need to be lowered. I doubt people are aware that those got lowered, but they should sell better now.

Level 200 has also been lowered. Before, there was nothing below $150, now some are $96

I honestly think she has priced the tickets way too high for her own good. I just searched for New York (MSG) tickets - a ticket for the 100 levels (NOT on the floor) is 400 fucking Dollars!! I love Madge *have been a BIG fan since 1989* but I am not at all surprised that people wont pay 400 bucks for a seat that is NOT on the floor. No wonder I can still get 6 seats in a row in section 103, which is right in front of the stage even now.

I think its a bad decision on her part - she should price the tickets cheaper, fill more seats, do more shows - and get her music heard by even non hardcore fans (so that she remains relevant).

At these prices only superfans are likely to see her - and so she does not expand her fanbase much. She is shooting herself in the foot with some of these prices.

Again - before you guys tell me to fuck off or call me a troll - I have been a loyal Madge fan (and still am), but 'sometimes I gotta call it like it is'

Totally agree with this! I too just looked up the ticket prices for some of the US shows, wow. Many sections truly are twice as expensive as here in Europe! I definitely consider myself a superfan (sounds funny :lol:), but to be honest if she asked that much here even I'd think twice about going. She always says how much she hates it when her shows are filled with rich bored snobs, well fair enough, but if you're asking that much it's not a surprise tbh. Her fans don't have endless fortunes to spend on her either...

Oh and by the way, was there some kind of fight here again or what? Lots of people posting their opinions in disclaimers here... :sneaky:

Totally agree with this! I too just looked up the ticket prices for some of the US shows, wow. Many sections truly are twice as expensive as here in Europe! I definitely consider myself a superfan (sounds funny :lol:), but to be honest if she asked that much here even I'd think twice about going. She always says how much she hates it when her shows are filled with rich bored snobs, well fair enough, but if you're asking that much it's not a surprise tbh. Her fans don't have endless fortunes to spend on her either...

Oh and by the way, was there some kind of fight here again or what? Lots of people posting their opinions in disclaimers here... :sneaky:

Just curious, were European prices always like that? Obviously, this time it seems like a steal given where the Euro is right now, but I think the extra airfare and hotel would cancel out any savings.

Guest bluejean

It is almost certain that a lot of the VIP tickets will eventually get moved into regular sale. And maybe they will also move the $380-$400 tickets to a lower price category. I am sure they would prefer to sell tickets for less than have empty seats.

I think its a bad decision on her part - she should price the tickets cheaper, fill more seats, do more shows - and get her music heard by even non hardcore fans (so that she remains relevant).

At these prices only superfans are likely to see her - and so she does not expand her fanbase much. She is shooting herself in the foot with some of these prices.

I agree with you very much... but is the pricing mainly a MADONNA decision or Live Nation?

The pricing may be be a major factor, but I think so too are the late starts during MDNA tour that turned off many casual fans. She should make sure to start at a reasonable time this time around, and may need to add a few songs that are general public favorites to the set list in order to appease some of those fans.

The time was a major issue in my opinion. I went to 2 MDNA shows in the US and at both shows at around 10:15PM people started booing and were over the whole thing. I can't imagine many of them rushing to buy $400 tickets right now.

I agree that prices are ridiculously high this time around in the usa... I think it is not her decision but live nation and her manager (greedy greedy greedy) and i think no fan should be afraid to express their opinion... I agree that it is ridiculous that one would have to make disclaimers in order to express their opinion.... It is blatant that people on here are fans and support madonna; they should not be afraid to express an opinion.

I agree that she should do more shows to get her music out there to the maximun people; touring in fall winter makes it impoaaible to do stadiums but hey that s their choice to go on tour so late... Fans should not pay the price! By now second dates would have been added if it was not for the prices!

I honestly think she has priced the tickets way too high for her own good. I just searched for New York (MSG) tickets - a ticket for the 100 levels (NOT on the floor) is 400 fucking Dollars!! I love Madge *have been a BIG fan since 1989* but I am not at all surprised that people wont pay 400 bucks for a seat that is NOT on the floor. No wonder I can still get 6 seats in a row in section 103, which is right in front of the stage even now.

Again - before you guys tell me to fuck off or call me a troll - I have been a loyal Madge fan (and still am), but 'sometimes I gotta call it like it is'

I actually agree with you.These high prices are why the shows are taking a longer time to sellout.If I was gonna pay $400 to see Madonna (or any artist),it had better be a floor seat,VERY close to the stage and catwalk.

I agree! Tickets have become too $$$$. I will only see her once or (twice)... If tickets were cheaper I would have done more shows but Mdolla is getting greedy! I have friends that showed some interest seeing her but refuse to pay that much $$$!

She is coming across as very greedy. If it is her, with her net worth, this is insane. More likely, it is LN, since she is their cash cow, but they have already made a fortune off her.

Either way, this isn't going to end well if nothing changes. She of course is still the best in the business, but she just can't charge several times more than other artists. She has way too many competitors anymore to get away with it.

Guest Hunterlas

Stop the drama. This is exactly what going to see Madonna is like, always, tour after tour. The bitch loves her money and we give it to her. Everybody always starts making up this ridiculous conjectures and then she always end up braking records with the all the money she makes.

Let her team do their thing. You do yours.

I think we will only see one or two extra O2 dates in London. I'd say her currency in the UK is pretty low these days. I think Birmingham was a sellout in 2012 so she may add an extra date there instead of London.

I'll say 2 nights at the O2. Birmingham MDNA did 'sell out' eventually, but I was surprised it was so slow being the only indoor UK show and a small one at that. Manchester one show, Glasgow probably only one too. I say that ONLY because of the prices, no other reason. She'll still make a bomb anyway.

My relative went to the MDNA show in London.

I remember her telling me that after the concert many people were complaining. I think there might have been significant problems with hearing the concert properly.

My relative went to the MDNA show in London.

I remember her telling me that after the concert many people were complaining. I think there might have been significant problems with hearing the concert properly.

The council made her reduce the volume and it was windy so the sound wasn't good. And Hyde Park is a shit venue. It's basically a field. But at least she started at 20:30!

Guest Rachelle of London

I was right at the front and didn't have the best sound. If was the same the week before when the wireless festival was at Hyde park

Pricing and complaints about Wembley Stadium and Hyde Park have have affected demand in the UK . They really shot themselves in the foot. They only have themselves to blame. I remember her selling out 8 nights at Wembley arena for CT. demand was through the roof.

Two other reasons;

Rebel Heart is a bit of a sales flop, not really connecting with the general public

Over saturation of Europe and America. There are millions of places around the world she could have been touring and she generally sticks to the same itinerary with a couple of odd ball dates. Madonna / Guy should purchase one of those world globes and realize there is possibilities and fortunes beyond US and Europe. What general person ( not us loon fans ) in Europe / US wants to continually attend ( and can afford) Madonna concerts, every couple of years.

PS, Australia is just below the tropic of Cancer or Capricornon on the world globe.

Two other reasons;

Rebel Heart is a bit of a sales flop, not really connecting with the general public

Over saturation of Europe and America. There are millions of places around the world she could have been touring and she generally sticks to the same itinerary with a couple of odd ball dates. Madonna / Guy should purchase one of those world globes and realize there is possibilities and fortunes beyond US and Europe. What general person ( not us loon fans ) in Europe / US wants to continually attend ( and can afford) Madonna concerts, every couple of years.

PS, Australia is just below the tropic of Cancer or Capricornon on the world globe.

She sticks to the same tried and tested markets because that they know they can charge top dollar for tickets. They are are very affluent cities with people with a lot of disposable income.

Guest Hunterlas

It doesnt matter how many countries she could visit and make a fortune while touring them, If you are not big in the US and Europe it means nothing. Thats just how it is. Those will be forever the main markets (at least in our life time).

Some of you guys really think you know better than Madonnas professional team, dont you? Hahahahhahaa

It's intersting that the cheapest seat in the O2 for this tour is cheaper than the cheapest seat for S&S show at Wembley stadium. Even if she is doing arena shows in London this time tickets are really the same price or less as the 2008 Wembley gig but the value for money is more. In a sense they have learnt a lesson from the outdoor gigs. I had a shit view at Wembley with my £65 seat. But at the O2 for £40 you'll get a much better experience as the O2 is smaller!

I think we will only see one or two extra O2 dates in London. I'd say her currency in the UK is pretty low these days. I think Birmingham was a sellout in 2012 so she may add an extra date there instead of London.

If they had any sense they would book her into Wembley Arena. She hasn't played there since CT. The arena is in north London

so it reaches a completely different catchment area than the 02 which is South London. The venue only holds 11k so

it's nice and intimate so if you are at the back you still see clearly. I am pretty sure she would fill it with no problems.

I can see them adding another show in Birmingham but definitely not Manchester.

They could book in her in Liverpool Arena, Leeds DIrect Arena or Newcastle but they have to price the seats carefully.

I can't seem them forking out top dollar for seats at the back.

Oh I'd love her to do Wembley Arena again. It's tiny!!!

Yes me too! We should tweet Guy. I am sure its a live nation venue. She can play 2 venues in London she did it on RIT

Earls Court and Wembley Arena. If there is a slot free I don't see why she can't do it.