Interview with TheSun

She doesn't really say anything 'explicitely' negative...it's just that typical tabloid editorialization.

Why she wants 2 speak 2 the sun is just beyond me...

i think its cuz don wooton is a huge fan who'll say nice things and they got a big audience, so it comes in handy to have a good connection with that one. pure business.

I am just glad the Guy Ritchie marriage is over. Right from the start I had a knot in the pit of my stomach even though I knew she loved him but it was obvious she was changing herself to be with him which is a lot more than compromise. So, I am not surprised to read that is exactly how she felt. Plus, what husband allows his wife to appear as Guy Ritchie allowed her to appear in Swept Away? She has never looked worse. I was enraged. He just wanted to ruin her, that man. Plus she is still giving him money? After he mouthed off he would take nothing and used his people to get the British Press against her during the whole thing. Saying she would come to bed wrapped in tin foil. I can't forgive him and if the last pic I saw of him is anything to go by, he looks a right mess. All that beer is starting to tell.

Forgive my opinion any resident Ritchie fans.

She doesn't really say anything 'explicitely' negative...it's just that typical tabloid editorialization.

Why she wants 2 speak 2 the sun is just beyond me...

I agree

She spoke to The Sun also back in the summer 2004 during the UK leg of RIT

There was that other gossip columnist, Victoria something

She looks amazing in that pic with Wooton and I just love that close up promo shot to bits

I think its cuz don wooton is a huge fan who'll say nice things and they got a big audience, so it comes in handy to have a good connection with that one. pure business.

I think so too

Is this the first time she's ever said anything negative about her marriage to Guy directly to the media?

She alluded to it in a Letterman interview. He asked her something like, "Do you think you'll ever get married again?" And she responded, "I'd rather be hit by a truck." :laugh:

I picked this up today. She doesn't say much about Guy Ritchie at all. It had her thoughts on David Cameron, ageism, and it seems like she turned down The Brit Awards lifetime achievement award this year.

It's part of a two-part interview. Tomorrow's she going to be talking about the BBC Radio 1 controversy :wow:

this is the first time that I see I picture of him and David, I always felt like he didn't love him, just Rocco.

Don't be so ridiculous. Comment on his looks but not on what he feels for his children that's completely absurd

I am just glad the Guy Ritchie marriage is over. Right from the start I had a knot in the pit of my stomach even though I knew she loved him but it was obvious she was changing herself to be with him which is a lot more than compromise. So, I am not surprised to read that is exactly how she felt. Plus, what husband allows his wife to appear as Guy Ritchie allowed her to appear in Swept Away? She has never looked worse. I was enraged. He just wanted to ruin her, that man. Plus she is still giving him money? After he mouthed off he would take nothing and used his people to get the British Press against her during the whole thing. Saying she would come to bed wrapped in tin foil. I can't forgive him and if the last pic I saw of him is anything to go by, he looks a right mess. All that beer is starting to tell.

Forgive my opinion any resident Ritchie fans.

Me too. I never liked Guy Ritchie, something about him comes off as so phony and opportunistic and just bad energy. I think even worse than the movie was the BMW ad he directed with M, where it was basically centered around humiliating her and making her look bad in the guise of being humorous. And I am convinced that those comments he made during their divorce are what allowed the media to think they now had a free pass to attack her in most vicious ways about her age and appearance. Very happy he is out of the picture now.

For a while, I never really wanted to say anything about the marriage with Guy, cause it seemed like people jumped on you when you did... but I find it very telling that she is now being this honest about her marriage, and when she says things like "it was like being incarcerated" or that he didn't care for the sexually provocative side of her public persona too much so she toned it down a bit... I just find that all incredibly fascinating that she would actually admit to that, because you don't think of Madonna being that type of person, but it just goes to show how incredibly vulnerable she can be when in love...as well as going through 'stages' that we all go through... I guess that was the "Lady of the Manor" stage we've all seemed to call it. You can even see it in how she was interviewed at the time. The fact that the sexual/provocative/cheeky/IDGAF sides of her have been coming out more so since Hard Candy really says a lot... and I'm quite happy to see that good ol' side of Madonna back again. It does feel like something has been freed within her...

What bugged me while she was with Guy is how violent her work was. The BMW ad and Swept away are clearly deconstructions of Madonna, she's humiliated in them and to think he directed them is very telling, this is how he saw his wife as someone to diminish, to make powerless. Since Madonna is masochistic she played right into it. Maybe it's due to her catholic guilt. Keep in mind that he changed the name of her character in Swept away and gave the character played by his wife the name of his mother.

I always thought Swept Away was a creepy depiction of Guy's manifestation of their marriage. I think he saw Madonna as someone who needed to be put in her place. It was very telling in an uncomfortable way.

Although I loved the Ritchie directed video for What it Feels Like for a Girl.

What bothered me most about her marriage to Guy was her keen enthusiasm on trousers

When she got her legs akimbo on top of the TV set in Hollywood it was like a glimpse of what was to come

2002-2005 were dark ages in Madonna land. Everything was so buttoned up and snooty and she was neck deep in that Kabbalah obsession. Don't get me wrong, some of the music was fine, but the Guy Ritchie saga was basically evaporating with an intense quickness right around Confessions. Just on a visual level. Leotards, sticking her hand down her shorts, the alien-spaceship S&M routine for the opening of the Perfections Tour.

At the time we were all starving for excitement so even a picture of Madonna wearing a massive tweed coat got us excited. That's how boring it all was.

Bye Guy! And I actually never hated Guy or anything, but she said it herself - she was boring while she was married.

She alluded to it in a Letterman interview. He asked her something like, "Do you think you'll ever get married again?" And she responded, "I'd rather be hit by a truck." :laugh:

You mean "run over by a train" which sounds much worse! :)