ATLANTIC CITY 10/3/15

First off I am happy you had an amazing time, but....

A. Madonna. Will. Never.. Retire. Trust me. The woman doesn't know the meaning of the word. I expect this kind of talk from non fans who don't know any better, but her fans should know better by now. She will never stop. She will rest when she is dead as she once said.

B. Yes there are less large dance numbers this tour, but I think that's what Madonna wanted. She said she wanted a more intimate show which I think involves her connecting to the audience more, so I would think she would focus more on saving her energy for giving amazing vocals instead of relying on backing tracks while she is dancing her ass off, and instead chose to do more stripped down numbers where she can be more in tune with the audience. I wondered the same thing during her Confessions Tour which many say is one of her best, but she did leave most of the dancing for that show up to her dancers. But then came Sticky and Sweet which was one big aerobic workout from start to finish pretty much. I have no doubt Madonna could still pull that off if she wanted.

And yes after this era we are probably in for a couple years of a Madonna drought especially if she decided to direct another movie, but she is only 57!!!!! Not 77. I have no doubt her 60s are going to be as fruitful as her 50s with plenty of amazing moments headed our way. If Tina Turner can still tour in her 70s why should we assume Madonna wont be doing the same?

Tks for sharing your experience. I have been a fan for quite some time now, but still relatively new comparing to u. Hopefully I will know better. It is good to hear your assurance that she is not retiring any time soon. :)

Bill my contest seats were in the rear floor, first row of risers elevated my friends were really happy with them. They had a stack they were giving out and it was first come first served. I met another couple who won who picked up their tickets right before showtime and they were in the 200s. I picked mine up around 3pm

Another friend won the tidal contest. She was in row CC of section 122

Guest bluejean

Well I am not surprised she has cut back on dancing, while she is very fit she is in her late 50's and we know the MDNA Tour was physically exhausting for her. Maybe that was the reason for the late starts and cutting Australia out. I remember her looking very worn out in the South American videos.

Yes it was an amazing show but I much prefer her to be on point every night and deliver a fantastic show then push herself past the point of what is realistic. You will not find any other 50 something year old able to deliver that level of energy for 2 hours a night. No one.

Well I am not surprised she has cut back on dancing, while she is very fit she is in her late 50's and we know the MDNA Tour was physically exhausting for her. Maybe that was the reason for the late starts and cutting Australia out. I remember her looking very worn out in the South American videos.

Yes it was an amazing show but I much prefer her to be on point every night and deliver a fantastic show then push herself past the point of what is realistic. You will not find any other 50 something year old able to deliver that level of energy for 2 hours a night. No one.

Strenuous dancing doesn't always equal better dancing, in my opinion. I much prefer the choreography of Deeper & Deeper, Candy Shop & Material Girl during this tour than the more physically demanding action in Gang Bang, Hung UP & Open Your Heart/Sagara Jo on MDNA tour or the ITG jumping rope choreo on S&S.

Tks for your words of wisdom. Lol. I guess I feel better after reading your post. Anyway, I know I can direct my obsession to this forum. At least some people can understand what is that I am feeling. LolAll my friends think I am silly and too obsessed at this point. They are probably tired of my Madonna talk. Lol

Lol....well I'm glad you feel a little better!! :) I definitely understand how you feel. Some friends have been telling me I'm too obsessed since 1992 so don't feel bad! Lol

Have you guys looked over all her previous tours? i think the amount of dancing on the this tour is just about the same on her previous ones. I'm not complaining. She's delivering so much with this tour. I'm so happy to be a fan right now

I have only watched youtube videos (well, LOTS of them) but can't see how there is supposed to be that much less dancing compared to previous tours ...? :dazed:

There isn't. Anybody who complains about this tour for any reason is clueless, tbh.

there is NOT a huge difference in the physicality of the tour. i'm not sure what a few dumb reviewers and whiny fruitcup fans want? they expect her to do running man backflips and 200 bpm aerobic routines for nearly the entire the show? her catalog past, current, and overall is different genres and tempos, not just high octane let's get physical with a headband dance. :manson:

there is NOT a huge difference in the physicality of the tour. i'm not sure what a few dumb reviewers and whiny fruitcup fans want? they expect her to do running man backflips and 200 bpm aerobic routines for nearly the entire the show? her catalog past, current, and overall is different genres and tempos, not just high octane let's get physical with a headband dance. :manson:

That's not fair to say. There is not one (maybe deeper and deeper and la isla) real choreography dance number on this tour. I mean actual dancing with the dancers (not the dancers dancing during holiday while she walks around or the slow, robotic moves of living for love besides the hand vogues etc...) and I'm not hating cause I now see it as much more elaborate then when I first complained but really there isn't ONE vogue sticky and sweet, celebrations mdna, girl gone wild, revolver, express yourself, vogue, I'm addicted <<all mdna, then sticky and sweet is like the entire show...yeah it's almost like every single past tour has had actual dance dance from her. This tour is so little it's a bit jarring but I don't care anymore cause I love the tour. Just a bit sad cause I get the urge to want to dance or learn a move from this show but there is not...maybe besides a side shimmy in body shop.

Some people are never pleased. EVERY move is choreographed. What is LAV then if not actual dancing? It takes far more talent and charisma to own a stage like that solo with a less rigid style of dance than to do some synchronized generic dancing with a group of backup dancers. Maybe she wanted to try something different.

If you've been to the show in person and close up, it's also obvious that the show is very physical still. I'd like to see anyone try to do what she does for 2 hours before complaining that she "doesn't dance". I'd rather she pace herself a bit better this tour so she can last the entire 7 months through Asia, Australia and New Zealand instead of losing her health and burning out halfway through. She still has plenty of iconic moves and far more grace and fluidity than anyone else out there, and that's enough for me. I don't need her to burn her 2 hours' of energy in one 3 minute dance spurt any more like Music from Confessions or Celebration from MDNA. We all know she CAN still do that and there are always videos if that's what you prefer to watch. But she won't be happy doing it every single show for a 7 month tour.

I want to make it clear first I am not complaining. I really love the show and I had a good time. I just had a feeling that she didn't dance as much comparing to s&s n mdna and brought it up just because I wanted to illustrate my thoughts and show my care and concern for her. Dancing or not, I still love her. Having said that, when I watched the confession tour on video, I also felt that she didn't dance as much as s&s n mdna, so I guess it is her choice to do a different kind of show rather than her age. Both mdna and s&s were stadium shows and confession and rebel heart are arena shows. Maybe she based her decision on the types of show she is giving. She also wears heels this time rather than flats or sneakers like celebration in mdna. That makes a difference too. I usually like to brag to friends how swiftly she moves and how fast and youthful she dances comparing to other pop girls. Now I will brag how beautiful and delicately she moves. Either way, I love her very much. No complaints at all here.

Lol....well I'm glad you feel a little better!! :) I definitely understand how you feel. Some friends have been telling me I'm too obsessed since 1992 so don't feel bad! Lol

. It is good to be here to be surrounded by like-minded folks. :)

And I have to disagree that she has no choreography. Every single move is choreographed, fluid and graceful. Now some other pop girls whose idea of "choreography" is whipping your head from side to side and making faces/poses while dancers back you up... or shaking your ass the same way over and over...

Let's be grateful Madonna does none of that and has always found unique and new ways to express herself. What she does might not be to your taste but it's still strenuous to be climbing a pole (I can't even do that NOW) or hanging upside down like during Iconic.

As for no moves to learn, there are plenty still if you look for them. My favorite is UB (ALL of it, including the dance off the stage at the end).

Oh, and I'll also add that it's far more difficult to make things look effortless than it seems, and this goes for any sort of live art/performance. If what Madonna does is so "easy", how come no one else can match her level? And strenuous dancing isn't everything. I LOVED S&S, but when I first saw it, the first thing I thought wasn't "entertainment", it was OMG, this looks like such hard work... because it's basically a workout. I'm actually far more entertained this time on RHT because Madonna herself seems to be having so much fun and she's so happy.

Why is everyone making it seem like Madonna hanging upside on the staff during Iconic such a hard thing? I've been doing that since like first grade on the monkey bars lmao

Continue on tho

Actually, she did less choreography with The Drowned World Tour and that was 15 years ago. So I guess it's what vision she prefers for a tour.

Btw, Atlantic City was sold out according to ticketmaster. I think some were asking.

i'm glad there's less dancing and more singing because that's what i want. I'm so over choreos, it's ok, she did them many many times and over and now i'm more than fine she's focusing on her voice and the emotion rather than some "Show off" choreos because that's what they felt to me on MDNA "look what i can do".

i feel her choreos are under appreciated by people anyway. so may as well relax a little and use the energy for her voice and it seems that most people are happy about that (including M)

And I have to disagree that she has no choreography. Every single move is choreographed, fluid and graceful. Now some other pop girls whose idea of "choreography" is whipping your head from side to side and making faces/poses while dancers back you up... or shaking your ass the same way over and over...

Let's be grateful Madonna does none of that and has always found unique and new ways to express herself. What she does might not be to your taste but it's still strenuous to be climbing a pole (I can't even do that NOW) or hanging upside down like during Iconic.

As for no moves to learn, there are plenty still if you look for them. My favorite is UB (ALL of it, including the dance off the stage at the end).

Oh, and I'll also add that it's far more difficult to make things look effortless than it seems, and this goes for any sort of live art/performance. If what Madonna does is so "easy", how come no one else can match her level? And strenuous dancing isn't everything. I LOVED S&S, but when I first saw it, the first thing I thought wasn't "entertainment", it was OMG, this looks like such hard work... because it's basically a workout. I'm actually far more entertained this time on RHT because Madonna herself seems to be having so much fun and she's so happy.

I agree with you 100%. Even Heartbreak City is a dance. And it's a beautiful dance. I hate those types of choreography that Beyonce or J-Lo does (even though they are both fantastic dancers) .

madonna is an elegant & fluent modern type of dancer anyway. not the typical pop girl style. and i love that

(see confessions you thrill me, erotica MDNA, candy shop & music & heartbreak city&love don't live here anymore on rebel heart)

agree with hector and rebelvv....

from what i saw (and of course it is totally different than seeing it live, so i'll reserve judgement) it's just that it is less phisically demanding, and i'm grateful for that....

and tbh i don't care that much... i go to her shows to see her vision and her as a performer and singer (if she makes a concert only on her mic i'll be totally happy)

to see people complaing because she's stiff or not dancing enough (i'm not talking about you mensch) is just.... :manson:

maybe some people say she's a lil stiff because of that little move she's doing @ the heart stage @ the end of ddeeper&deeper. she leans forward and the choreo is a little weird compared to the epic choreo of the dancers. could also be the jacket that's a little bulky. but we know she's definitely not a stiff dancer on this tour if you look @ the whole show