Have we ever officially determined which songs are rebel vs. heart? Is this right:

LFL HEART

DP REBEL ??

GT HEART

UB REBEL

I REBEL

BIM REBEL

HT HEART

JOA HEART

ICONIC REBEL ??

HC HEART

BS HEART

HW REBEL

IO HEART

WAOM HEART

BN REBEL ??

VVV REBEL

SEX REBEL

M HEART

RH rebel AND heart

I wasn't sure if Devil, Iconic, and Best Night would be rebel. Everything else seems clear, and if those three are rebel, that would make nine and nine, plus title track obviously both, for an even split.

I love all the songs on this album. The only song am not feeling even though I've tried is HW. I don't know why. Please don't flush me ! LOL

I love all the songs on this album. The only song am not feeling even though I've tried is HW. I don't know why. Please don't flush me ! LOL

Every track is quality. The only issue I have with HW is the subject matter which is a bit too yuck for me. But the lyrics are better than Where Life Begins which I always skip, unlike HW.

i don't know if BS is rebel or heart....and the same for some other tracks...and i like it....

finally i've listened to the demos...and i really really don't understand all this talking (unless there are other demos out there...) about WAOM and RH demos as some sort of second coming...

fortunately, imo, we have on the album the tracks in these final versions that are so much more coherent and perfectly fit with the rest of the album (apart from the fact that are much more improved compared to the demos....)...if necessary release them as remixes...

i'm so happy with this glorious album!!!!

Yeah, I think the Rebel/Heart division just doesn't work as a duality (meaning, one versus the other). That's why I'm glad she didn't divide the tracklist into two sections with this division in mind.

Some songs are both – LFL could be seen about "rebelling" against the idea that heartbreak should be sad and disempowering. VVV has one of the most heartfelt chorus of the entire album. As discussed in the Body Shop thread, there's quite a contrast being made between the sing-songy nature of the song versus the sexual nature of the lyrics. Same thing with Devil Pray, the music invites Lucifer while the lyrics have a very clear and uplifting message. And so on.

Madonna has said herself in a couple of interviews that you can't have the Rebel without the Heart, and viceversa –– that's when I think the album is at its best.

Yeah, I think the Rebel/Heart division just doesn't work as a duality (meaning, one versus the other). That's why I'm glad she didn't divide the tracklist into two sections with this division in mind.

Some songs are both – LFL could be seen about "rebelling" against the idea that heartbreak should be sad and disempowering. VVV has one of the most heartfelt chorus of the entire album. As discussed in the Body Shop thread, there's quite a contrast being made between the sing-songy nature of the song versus the sexual nature of the lyrics. Same thing with Devil Pray, the music invites Lucifer while the lyrics have a very clear and uplifting message. And so on.

Madonna has said herself in a couple of interviews that you can't have the Rebel without the Heart, and viceversa –– that's when I think the album is at its best.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

:huh: :huh: :huh: You must be hard of hearing.

I love the album version more than the demos, but there is something off with the mastering on the album version. When it plays on my HiFi, it's noticeably much quieter, especially in the first few bars, than the rest of the album before increasing in volume.

Major Lazer announced the tracklist of their new album. There's no Madge on it :( I was hoping for Trust No Bitch.

:cries:

The house demo of Living For Love still fucks me up

LORD LORD LIFT ME

GOD FORGIVE ME

LOVE'S GONNA LIFT ME

UP

UP

UP

UP

LORD LIFT ME

UP

UP

UP

UP

LOVE'S GONNA LIFT ME UP

tumblr_njfmochIUF1qhjm0go1_250.gif

PS: Where the hell are those album credits?

I love the album version more than the demos, but there is something off with the mastering on the album version. When it plays on my HiFi, it's noticeably much quieter, especially in the first few bars, than the rest of the album before increasing in volume.

:cries:

I noticed this when listening to the leaked super deluxe edition of the album back in February, but I noticed the volume was better on the retail version once I bought it. Let's not forget that BIM is REALLY loud, especially those last duck noises.

I noticed this when listening to the leaked super deluxe edition of the album back in February, but I noticed the volume was better on the retail version once I bought it. Let's not forget that BIM is REALLY loud, especially those last duck noises.

I'm playing the actual CD, but I still notice it. You're right about BIM being REALLY loud, so that could be part of it.

Hooray. Finally have the 4 songs from the Super Deluxe - thanks to now being available on Australian Itunes. Especially love Addicted and Borrowed time. Graffiti Heart is growing on me with every listen. Beautiful Scars has not grabbed me yet but that is not unusual. Inside out, Hold Tight and Heartbreak city did not wow me at first but now I totally love them.

Hooray. Finally have the 4 songs from the Super Deluxe - thanks to now being available on Australian Itunes. Especially love Addicted and Borrowed time. Graffiti Heart is growing on me with every listen. Beautiful Scars has not grabbed me yet but that is not unusual. Inside out, Hold Tight and Heartbreak city did not wow me at first but now I totally love them.

If it was the Beautiful Scars demo, you'd be saying it was one of the best songs she's made since the 80's. :) Just sayin'. :lol:

So I went through and made my own playlist, keeping the tracks in the same order but replacing the album tracks with the demo versions I liked better. It doesn't work. Even though I do prefer the demo versions of Illuminati, Inside Out (marginally), Rebel Heart (slightly), and Beautiful Scars (BLASPHEMY!), it just doesn't flow as well this way. I'll just have to go back to the album the way it was released and save those demos for a separate playlist/CD. But I'll leave BS album version off the list entirely. It makes me too sad. That version doesn't exist to me. :lol:

If it was the Beautiful Scars demo, you'd be saying it was one of the best songs she's made since the 80's. :) Just sayin'. :lol:

Will have to have a listen to the demo. I know it has been one of the most debated songs regarding new version verses Demo. I do admit to loving the Rebel Heart demo more than the released song but I just love the song so much ( chorus of Rebel Heart is one of Madonna's best ever ) that I still love the official version. We are all spoilt for choice at the moment.

^ Yes, the demo versions are to be enjoyed as demos, and listened as individual tracks.

I love the album version of BS because it's so playful and happy, almost like the first day of spring.

^ Yes, the demo versions are to be enjoyed as demos, and listened as individual tracks.

I love the album version of BS because it's so playful and happy, almost like the first day of spring.

That is a lovely description - the first day of Spring.

Addicted is brilliant - like a Madonna rock song - sort of reminds me of the vibe of Burning Up. I am a total believer that Madonna can sing any kind of music style and nail it. Ballads, pop, dance. rock, folk and musical theatre. Even on some of the Rebel Heart songs, you can hear that she would be a brilliant country and western singer as well. She is one of the most diverse singers around and never gets enough credit for that.

The house demo of Living For Love still fucks me up

LORD LORD LIFT ME

GOD FORGIVE ME

LOVE'S GONNA LIFT ME

UP

UP

UP

UP

LORD LIFT ME

UP

UP

UP

UP

LOVE'S GONNA LIFT ME UP

tumblr_njfmochIUF1qhjm0go1_250.gif

PS: Where the hell are those album credits?

I agree!

And i have to say...you are very cute!!

:huh: :huh: :huh: You must be hard of hearing.

He's right about the album version. There's a lot of volume fluctuation on the CD and Hold Tight is another example of this. Play it back to back with BIM, Illuminati, Joan Of Arc etc. It sounds very flat and quiet in comparison.

Besides the tracklist not flowing at certain points, that's probably my only other point of criticism - the mastering. It's better than MDNA which lacked dynamics and had dire vocal production and also better than Hard Candy which was distorted as fuck - still, I feel like they could have done better a lot of times. There's distortion in some songs (Messiah, WAOM) plus the volume issues as pointed out above. I gotta say though at least the vocal production is absolutely stellar, I love how her vocals are front and centre in many many songs (best example probably being Inside Out).

What are you, the Hold Tight police??? It's just some comment, you dont' have to follow people around you know. We DO love Hold Tight

:rotfl:

The album version of Hold Tight is the best. She turned it into a proper song be restructuring some of the lyrics, especially the chorus. The sound flows better with the rest of the album. I find the song very underrated.

What are you, the Hold Tight police??? It's just some comment, you dont' have to follow people around you know. We DO love Hold Tight

Yes, I am the Hold Tight police. Now drop to your knees, and bless yourself and genuflect.

Honestly, I don't hear any of these issues, and I'm even using studio engineer grade headphones. That's why I find all these comments about sound levels quite funny. I've spent days trying to pick up on them as you guys have said, and I still don't hear any major issues...

The album version of Hold Tight is the best. She turned it into a proper song be restructuring some of the lyrics, especially the chorus. The sound flows better with the rest of the album. I find the song very underrated.

Yep. She took the chorus to all new heights by replacing the semi-bland sounding "I know we'll find a way / Pushed to the limits with no end in sight" with the glorious, uplifting "Only love, only love tonight / Like stars, we're burning so bright".

Yes, I am the Hold Tight police. Now drop to your knees, and bless yourself and genuflect.

:lol: at the Hold Tight police. Well, I won't need to drop to my knees, bless myself and genuflect because I love Hold Tight more and more with each listen. I love the line and melody of " only love, only love tonight" It is stuck in my head.