I think it's more than clear that she intends the full 19 track 'deluxe' version to be the whole/complete album. And it sounds as such. All 19 tracks are sonically cohesive and work as a whole album. Nothing about those last 5 tracks screams 'bonus' in any way.

I see the 'standard' version as nothing more than having to adapt to current market trends. It's a business move. Certain demos and markets now have versions tailored to them - whether it's the "clean" versions for certain stores/markets, or aiming a more condensed version to the casual buyer who wants the one at a cheaper price point.... as much something like the 'super deluxe' is aimed at hardcore fans that want extra goodies.

Plus, using the 'deluxe' cover as the main one in most marketing since the album pre-launch pretty much gives the impression that that one is the 'main' album...the 'main' vision. And didn't Guy O mention that the MDNA 'deluxe' was what Madonna considered as the 'main' or 'full' album for that project? So it just further gives the impression that the 'deluxe' is the full vision of her work. And of course, the title track being the last track of that edition.

I think I agree with your assessment fully. But since she is the Queen of album closers, she made sure the standard ended properly as well and didn't come across as just some cheap edited edition.

Yes, Messiah and Rebel Heart both sound very clipped/distorted to me.

I ordered the Media Markt version from an eBay seller and it arrived this morning. What a great song Auto-Tune Baby is! Much better than usual bonus track fare. It sounds a bit like No Doubt, I think.

Guest CzarnaWisnia

I love Autotune Baby, the beat reminds me of Bjork's Innocence and the melody reminds me of old American ballads from the 50s.

The entire Rebel Heart song is distorted like Voices in HC.

Messiah is mostly fine but the second chorus has a terrible blow out sound.

As much as I love the record its sloppy mixing/mastering is definitely on par with MDNA

Living For Love: over-mixed vocals in the verses

Ghosttown: the paper burning/mic switching on sounds (no it's NOT intentional)

Bitch I'm Madonna: volume fluctuation

Hold Tight: drowned out vocals and the entire song is too quiet

Iconic: over-mixed vocals

HBC: obvious clipping

Body Shop: muffled vocals

Holy Water: Vogue instrumentals in the background WTF

Wash All Over Me: over-mixed vocals and the entire song is too quiet

Messiah: blow out sound

Rebel Heart: distorted drums

I'm no sound-freak but half of the album has major mixing issues :dazed:

But her albums since American Life have always been poorly mixed/mastered so I'm used to it :popcorn2:

One would think this type of stuff would never happen to a perfectionist like madonna.... I am extremely turned off by the sound problem on messiah (the volume suddenly increases at one point) which makes me listen to the demo version instead (i have to have a perfect sound on this one because it is in my top 3 songs on this album!)

Has she even listened to the official version of her album? Has anyone around her listened to it? I am sure that if she knew she would be horrified and maybe call for a recall! Just like mdna bluray!

Yeah, in USA most of the stores that sell albums, have the 19 track version of Rebel Heart. I have yet to find a place that only has the "srandard" album. In fact, most people just assume that the deluxe one is the standard :laugh:

Album rank

1. S.E.X.

2. Ghosttown

3. Graffiti Heart

4. Iconic

5. Hold Tight

6. Heartbreak City

7. Auto-Tune Baby

8. Best Night

9. Holy Water

10. Borrowed Time

11. Illuminati

12. Beautiful Scars

13. Bitch I'm Madonna

14. Addicted

15. Living For Love

16. Messiah

17. Unapologetic Bitch

18. Wash All Over Me

19. Rebel Heart

20. Devil Pray

21. Veni Vidi Vici

22. Joan Of Arc

23. Body Shop

24. Inside Out

The mixing does NOT compare to MDNA. MDNA was atrocious, Rebel Heart has a bit of clarity.

Also, the paper burning in Ghosttown IS intentional! Do you not know what that song is about??

Album rank

1. S.E.X.

2. Ghosttown

3. Graffiti Heart

4. Iconic

5. Hold Tight

6. Heartbreak City

7. Auto-Tune Baby

8. Best Night

9. Holy Water

10. Borrowed Time

11. Illuminati

12. Beautiful Scars

13. Bitch I'm Madonna

14. Addicted

15. Living For Love

16. Messiah

17. Unapologetic Bitch

18. Wash All Over Me

19. Rebel Heart

20. Devil Pray

21. Veni Vidi Vici

22. Joan Of Arc

23. Body Shop

24. Inside Out

:mellow::mellow::mellow::mellow::mellow::mellow::mellow::mellow:

Also, the paper burning in Ghosttown IS intentional! Do you not know what that song is about??

What about the hiss from her microphone that comes in a few seconds before the vocal begins? That sounds a bit strange.

Album rank

1. S.E.X.

2. Ghosttown

3. Graffiti Heart

4. Iconic

5. Hold Tight

6. Heartbreak City

7. Auto-Tune Baby

8. Best Night

9. Holy Water

10. Borrowed Time

11. Illuminati

12. Beautiful Scars

13. Bitch I'm Madonna

14. Addicted

15. Living For Love

16. Messiah

17. Unapologetic Bitch

18. Wash All Over Me

19. Rebel Heart

20. Devil Pray

21. Veni Vidi Vici

22. Joan Of Arc

23. Body Shop

24. Inside Out

:sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky:

Guest CzarnaWisnia

After only a few listens, here's my top 10

1. Wash All Over Me

2. Messiah (in spite of the distortion)

3. Heartbreak City

4. Ghosttown

5. Body Shop

6. Living For Love

7. Holy Water

8. Inside Out

9. Devil Pray

10. Best Night

my least favorite: Veni Vidi Vidi (actually the only song I don't like from the 19)

It's way too subtle for it to be intentional, and also how do you explain the sound of the mic turning on?

Don't ask me about the the mic sound as I wasn't even talking about or could explain it

The song is about falling in love after the end of the world. The world is in ruins and practically destroyed, the noise represents the dust dirt and Fire that remains on the planet

These are my top 10 so far in no particular order:

1. Devil Pray

2. Ghosttown

3. HeartBreak City

4. Inside Out

5. Hold Tight

6. Living for Love

7. Iconic

8. Wash All Over Me

9. Body Shop

10. Rebel Heart

I am just so happy with this album

I just listened to Unapologetic Bitch with my good headphones and good lord it sounds AMAZING

Bless this era and this glorious album

^ I agree. I played the entire thing again this evening. There are 23 songs, and I enjoy every single one of them. The fact that 6 of them or so feel like all time Madonna Top 20 entries is, frankly, a little overwhelming. The six songs released December 20 have held up to repeated listening, and I'm still discovering new things. I expect the same will hold true for the rest of the album three months from now. My biggest joys in no particular order are vocals, lyrics, melodies, and diversity. This is a fan's dream come true as we are treated to a little bit of everything from her career, dance, pop, ballads, and rap, with a bit of new ground broken as well. I am absolutely thankful and utterly thrilled to receive this album 33 years into her career. Can't wait to see what's in store for album 14.

My Rebel Heart rating: 5 of 5 stars.

Currently sits at 4 on my Madonna Top 13. I'll move it up when the time feels right, but my current thought is this becomes the new champion. :inlove: