It went Gold in 24h In Brazil. And they added a joke:

Brazilians fans are great..."yes" or "of course"??!!

I'd say both!

I'd say both too! I love Brazil! We need more Brazilians in America to help get it moving here lol

So this is something that's never happened to me before as an adult, but I feel that sometime this year, Rebel Heart could become my favorite album of all time :wow:

It just seems like LAP has held the honor since I was 13, even before I consciously ranked things. And as an adult, Music and AL and ROL all just lined up behind it. I was able to use this measuring stick of LAP to say "now Music is my second favorite M album," etc.

But I think this is the best sustained piece of music I have ever heard. I need to see how time treats it, but it's already ahead of ROL and the other three are within its sight :dramatic:

She gives us the music we never knew we needed in our lives.

Sorry if there is already a thread but how is it selling around the world and what chart positions or don't we know yet ?

Not only is there a thread, there's a whole forum dedicated to charts performance. :)

I hope nobody hates me for saying this, but based on the leaks, Madonna made some really poor decisions when choosing the final track list. At the end of the day it doesn't matter to me since I can choose what songs I want to hear (and in what order) but I just don't get what was going through her head. Such a waste of amazing music, in my opinion.

Elaborate?

I listened to the standard yesterday for the first time on CD and with my headphones

1. Living for Love is glorious, it has so many layers, back vocals, mmmmmmms during the verses... It's simply a work of art.

2. Her voice is so pristine and pure and magic in all the tracks! Gives me power and energy

3. The fact that some songs are intentinoally distorted is not very well, in my opinion. Listening with good headphones in a good cd player is an experience because you can really listen to every beat. Having distortions makes the experience more unconfortable. A beautiful song like Wash All Over Me shouldn't have voice and base distorted. I wonder why that became a trend.

LFL, DP and GT are so clear, then UB comes and it's a bit distored, but Illuminati is as if they had saturated every pat of the song!

I still have to listen to the Superdeluxe (it will arrive within days) and the vinyl (that's another incredible experience because vinyls are simply another way to approach an album).

This woman has always put so much into her art. She is a mistress of expert album sequencing. Every single release, she absolutely nails it picking the perfect closing track. And this time she did it twice. Both WAOM and RH work as perfect endings to their respective editions.

I'm wondering why they haven't updated the album covers on iTunes...seriously what a mess.

Spotify still showing the wires as standard cover also. Lame.

What I bought today:

2 tickets to the Vegas show

A room at the MGM Grand

Rebel Heart deluxe

Rebel Heart super deluxe

Rebel Heart vinyl

Living For Love import single

Rolling Stone magazine

MOJO magazine

So broke!!

...but happy.

love your devotion and passion!

I know that people make their own playlists in this modern age, but speaking strictly in terms of the official deluxe album release do you consider it as A. an extended piece of music, ending with Rebel Heart, or B. an extended piece of music, ending with WAOM and featuring five additional tracks?

people hearing autotune, distorted drums, distorted vocals....

madonna voice in some unknown group dance song....

....seagulls...

....horses....

i say....

as madonna says....

....stop sniffing glue!!!

So far I've been only listening to the album in its full glory, no skipped tracks, no songs on repeat. For me it's a piece of music that begins with Living For Love and ends with Rebel Heart. An amazing piece of music :inlove:

I know that people make their own playlists in this modern age, but speaking strictly in terms of the official deluxe album release do you consider it as A. an extended piece of music, ending with Rebel Heart, or B. an extended piece of music, ending with WAOM and featuring five additional tracks?

A, for sure.

And I find the deluxe tracks on the Super Deluxe have their own nice flow and sequencing. Almost like an EP.

I have been to the MDNA tour with a friend who isn't a fan but likes M and she said she would happily go to the next one.

Anyway, now I've sent the songs to another friend (who is sooo religious it isn't even funny) and she likes ghosttwon and joan of arrc and is on WAOM on repeat. (She will listen to other songs tomorrow) mwhahahaha (that was my evil laugh by the way :p)

Oooh there actually are seagulls or something like that in JOA! You can especially her them in the bridge. Wouldn't have noticed though if someone else hadn't pointed it out.

Been listening to the record every day since last Friday and still discovering new things! The production is so incredibly rich in most of the songs, exactly the type of music I love!

As for your question, SOS...I'd pick A too :) Although that kind of applies to the Super Deluxe as well...Beautiful Scars and Borrowed Time are way too good for me to just consider them bonus tracks!

In fact, I did create my own CD with those both songs replacing BIM and Body Shop, and I love it even more! :)

I have been to the MDNA tour with a friend who isn't a fan but likes M and she said she would happily go to the next one.

Anyway, now I've sent the songs to another friend (who is sooo religious it isn't even funny) and she likes ghosttwon and joan of arrc and is on WAOM on repeat. (She will listen to other songs tomorrow) mwhahahaha (that was my evil laugh by the way :p)

:chuckle: can't wait to his reaction to holy water

I consider it as B, because I can't take the fact that WAOM is not an album closer.The drums, the drowning vocals and the feeling of catharsis just seems like a perfect closure. The 14-track version is also more cohesive. Loves the deluxe tracks but songs like Best Night/Messiah/Rebel Heart are sonically too different from the rest of the album.

Guess what? Did i not tell you guys she was going to be on David Letterman's show??? This era is slaaaaaaying!!!!!! :dead::drama::inlove:

Guest CzarnaWisnia

I noticed distortion on Rebel Heart and Messiah. Is it just my copy or is it "normal" ? I don't get it.

I noticed distortion on Rebel Heart and Messiah. Is it just my copy or is it "normal" ? I don't get it.

The entire Rebel Heart song is distorted like Voices in HC.

Messiah is mostly fine but the second chorus has a terrible blow out sound.

As much as I love the record its sloppy mixing/mastering is definitely on par with MDNA

Living For Love: over-mixed vocals in the verses

Ghosttown: the paper burning/mic switching on sounds (no it's NOT intentional)

Bitch I'm Madonna: volume fluctuation

Hold Tight: drowned out vocals and the entire song is too quiet

Iconic: over-mixed vocals

HBC: obvious clipping

Body Shop: muffled vocals

Holy Water: Vogue instrumentals in the background WTF

Wash All Over Me: over-mixed vocals and the entire song is too quiet

Messiah: blow out sound

Rebel Heart: distorted drums

I'm no sound-freak but half of the album has major mixing issues :dazed:

But her albums since American Life have always been poorly mixed/mastered so I'm used to it :popcorn2:

I hear zero distortion on Messiah; in fact I'd describe that as one of the album's clearest productions. Many have referenced a distorted effect similar to Voices on a few parts of RH, and I think I did notice those.

The entire Rebel Heart song is distorted like Voices in HC.

Messiah is mostly fine but the second chorus has a terrible blow out sound.

As much as I love the record its sloppy mixing/mastering is definitely on par with MDNA

Living For Love: over-mixed vocals in the verses

Ghosttown: the paper burning/mic switching on sounds (no it's NOT intentional)

Bitch I'm Madonna: volume fluctuation

Hold Tight: drowned out vocals and the entire song is too quiet

Iconic: over-mixed vocals

HBC: obvious clipping

Body Shop: muffled vocals

Holy Water: Vogue instrumentals in the background WTF

Wash All Over Me: over-mixed vocals and the entire song is too quiet

Messiah: blow out sound

Rebel Heart: distorted drums

I'm no sound-freak but half of the album has major mixing issues :dazed:

But her albums since American Life have always been poorly mixed/mastered so I'm used to it :popcorn2:

Oops we answered the question at the same time! You're obviously way more attuned to production and sound than I am!

I think it's more than clear that she intends the full 19 track 'deluxe' version to be the whole/complete album. And it sounds as such. All 19 tracks are sonically cohesive and work as a whole album. Nothing about those last 5 tracks screams 'bonus' in any way.

Plus, using the 'deluxe' cover as the main one in most marketing since the album pre-launch pretty much gives the impression that that one is the 'main' album...the 'main' vision. And didn't Guy O mention that the MDNA 'deluxe' was what Madonna considered as the 'main' or 'full' album for that project? So it just further gives the impression that the 'deluxe' is the full vision of her work. And of course, the title track being the last track of that edition.

I see the 'standard' version as nothing more than having to adapt to current market trends. It's a business move. Certain demos and markets now have versions tailored to them - whether it's the "clean" versions for certain stores/markets, or aiming a more condensed version to the casual buyer who wants the one at a cheaper price point (not to mention a more palatable cover that can be marketed to 'all audiences').... as much as something like the 'super deluxe' is aimed at hardcore fans that want extra goodies.