If you trim it from holy water and autotune baby which i am not fond of ( and best night too), and if you add instead two steps behind, nothing last forever and never let you go then we have 25 songs of pure pop at its best!

That is worth two albums with NO fillers.

I rearranged the tracks with one album of rebel songs and one of heart songs and i honestly think this is her best album since like a prayer; i am not exagerating... The wait (one whole year of working on the album) was worth it... I think she heard the criticism about mdna (that it was a rushed album) and just took her time and it paid off.

After 30 years she comes up with one of her best albums of her career (who else can say so?)

1. The untouchable like a prayer

2. Rebel heart (my version)

2. Ray of light

3. Coad

Yeah!

I got my album at Walmart today. I also listened to Super-deluxe version online. I should say I cannot even express how disappointed I am with the album. Demos were great, and I can't even believe what they have done to those - final versions are not even half as good! My biggest disappointments are Beautiful Scars, Borrowed Time, and Holy Water - all were my favourite demos, now I will just skip them, and continue with the demo versions. At least, they haven't spoiled Ghosttown!

Well, that's what happens when you listen to unfinished material. Expectations are high for some.

Hearing bad things about the quality of the vinyl from a few friends. I haven't received mine yet... anyone give their copy a spin?

I will tell you but it would be very strange if the vinyl was bad. It's almost impossible, to be fair.

I got my album at Walmart today. I also listened to Super-deluxe version online. I should say I cannot even express how disappointed I am with the album. Demos were great, and I can't even believe what they have done to those - final versions are not even half as good! My biggest disappointments are Beautiful Scars, Borrowed Time, and Holy Water - all were my favourite demos, now I will just skip them, and continue with the demo versions. At least, they haven't spoiled Ghosttown!

With a fan base as varied and diverse as M has, its really impossible to please everyone. But with the Rebel Heart, for the price of a regular album, we got enough tracks to make a perfect 12 song (give or take) album customized to our own taste. Why not do that, instead of focusing on what is different from the demos and what you don't like, focus on the songs you do like and make your own custom Rebel Heart album. There is certainly enough material to let you do that.

If you trim it from holy water and autotune baby which i am not fond of ( and best night too), and if you add instead two steps behind, nothing last forever and never let you go then we have 25 songs of pure pop at its best!

That is worth two albums with NO fillers.

I rearranged the tracks with one album of rebel songs and one of heart songs and i honestly think this is her best album since like a prayer; i am not exagerating... The wait (one whole year of working on the album) was worth it... I think she heard the criticism about mdna (that it was a rushed album) and just took her time and it paid off.

After 30 years she comes up with one of her best albums of her career (who else can say so?)

1. The untouchable like a prayer

2. Rebel heart (my version)

2. Ray of light

3. Coad

Yeah!

I agree with your general idea. My version of RH is her best album since LAP. I also agree with your album ranking above, though I might put TB even higher than ROL right now. I'm really feeling the 80s albums right now, and RH actually seems to fit well into that whole sound.

All the demos are on YouTube, what's your point? Has she uploaded it officially or something?

I haven't heard yet the demo of rebel heart...I haven't found it on youtube ..I have only heard a demo similar to the original..I don't know if it is that leaked in november.

Edited by merton

I hope nobody hates me for saying this, but based on the leaks, Madonna made some really poor decisions when choosing the final track list. At the end of the day it doesn't matter to me since I can choose what songs I want to hear (and in what order) but I just don't get what was going through her head. Such a waste of amazing music, in my opinion.

Guest ditaluver

I hope nobody hates me for saying this, but based on the leaks, Madonna made some really poor decisions when choosing the final track list. At the end of the day it doesn't matter to me since I can choose what songs I want to hear (and in what order) but I just don't get what was going through her head. Such a waste of amazing music, in my opinion.

I agree but I think what was going through her head was... Fuck, they've already heard them. I should change them up.

No one will hate! But for me, this is one of the best albums I have ever heard, with no bad songs, so it's just hard for me to comprehend!

RH actually seems to fit well into that whole sound.

I agree with this. I think it is because as she pointed it out during recent interviews this time she approached the song writing process like she used to do in the 80s: that is melody comes first and the production bling bling second... She said that she wanted to write songs that she could sing with just a guitar...

And that s what made her 80s stuff classic stuff that stood the stand of time: thoses songs had great melodies and hooks and it only helped that the production was also off the hook for that time...

I agree with this. I think it is because as she pointed it out during recent interviews this time she approached the song writing process like she used to do in the 80s: that is melody comes first and the production bling bling second... She said that she wanted to write songs that she could sing with just a guitar...

And that s what made her 80s stuff classic stuff that stood the stand of time: thoses songs had great melodies and hooks and it only helped that the production was also off the hook for that time...

YES. And it feels like this is the first album since American Life to be based on melodies and hooks rather than groove, doesn't it? As much as I love COADF, HC, and MDNA, and all of them boast at least a couple of ace melodies, they seem written in a different way than her other albums.

Thanks to so many interviews we now have a pretty good picture of what went through her mind and how she made decisions after the leaks, she also said she didn't have enough space / time for finishing all the songs, remember the album Release date was advaced a bit, she had to race through everything and she second guessed (her words) so there you go

No one will hate! But for me, this is one of the best albums I have ever heard, with no bad songs, so it's just hard for me to comprehend!

Out of curiosity,now that the album has been officially out,have you tried to hear at least some of the demos?

Highly recommenced hearing the Avicii's demo for Rebel Heart and acoustic version of JoA...

I haven't had time to catch up on all of the latest news....

Is there any difference between the songs on the 3 different version? What about the songs on the "clean" version? I am so curious! Also, anyone notice differences between the actual album and the itunes "first 6 songs" ?

I'm not sure which thread is talking about how the album is charting?

But it's number 1 in the UK mid week charts!

Not sure about the US, Australia or other countries...

I find the album to be completely flawless

I haven't jumped to any specific tracks yet, I always listen to the album from begging to end.

I'm happy I didn't over indulge myself when listening to the demos. Knowing me, I prob would have grown a strong attraction to them. Nothing against to those that listened to all them when leaked

She picked the right tracks and I feel as though she made the best decision to redo some of them.

The album has a pretty concise sound once BIM ends. And it flows perfectly. I am bit saddened that we didn't get the 2 disc theme. But the tracklist works perfectly as a stand alone piece

There's so much I wanna say but I don't wanna be all over the place

The album is def in top 3

I'll say that

On a sidenote, has anyone noticed how well the deluxe bonus songs flow into each other? VVV starts immediately after Best Night and the heartbeats at the end of Messiah go right into Rebel Heart! It was so cool hearing it on the first listen!!! :wow:

I wish they had done this on the main album!!

I find the album to be completely flawless

I haven't jumped to any specific tracks yet, I always listen to the album from begging to end.

I'm happy I didn't over indulge myself when listening to the demos. Knowing me, I prob would have grown a strong attraction to them. Nothing against to those that listened to all them when leaked

She picked the right tracks and I feel as though she made the best decision to redo some of them.

The album has a pretty concise sound once BIM ends. And it flows perfectly. I am bit saddened that we didn't get the 2 disc theme. But the tracklist works perfectly as a stand alone piece

There's so much I wanna say but I don't wanna be all over the place

The album is def in top 3

I'll say that

On a sidenote, has anyone noticed how well the deluxe bonus songs flow into each other? VVV starts immediately after Best Night and the heartbeats at the end of Messiah go right into Rebel Heart! It was so cool hearing it on the first listen!!! :wow:

I wish they had done this on the main album!!

Loved reading your partial review. I keep leaving single sentences in song threads because I can't formulate my fuller thoughts. It's flawless like you say. There is nothing I skip. It's going to be in my top 3 albums of her career also. Instantly entered at number 4. I'm completely awe struck.

I love this album so much.

Inside Out needs to be a single. The chorus is beautiful. So is the bridge.

I love 13 songs off the super-deluxe album. I could picture more growing on me.

Edited by Sheena