Madonna "Out" Magazine interview

Where did she say she was not backing gays and black people ? You all are overreacting. First when she says women in case you don't know this includes LESBIANS and WOMEN OF COLOUR not just white straight women. Thing is that in gaylandia lesbians are marginalized when THEY are the fucking ones doing the job. Who launched the procedings for marriage equality in the US ? A lesbian ! In France it was lesbians too and when the marriage billed passed and they removed adoption and assisted medical procreation in it MOST gay men did not give a fuck.

Thing is we live in a men's world, a straight christian white rich men world and everything else are minorities BUT when put together they are the majority. How come we still agree to give power to these fuckers ? We let them define us, them being "the norm" and us all misfits ? That's crazy.

Thank you. People "upset" over this, give me a fucking break. Do they not know Madonna at all? Tiresome.

Where did she say she was not backing gays and black people ? You all are overreacting. First when she says women in case you don't know this includes LESBIANS and WOMEN OF COLOUR not just white straight women. Thing is that in gaylandia lesbians are marginalized when THEY are the fucking ones doing the job. Who launched the procedings for marriage equality in the US ? A lesbian ! In France it was lesbians too and when the marriage billed passed and they removed adoption and assisted medical procreation in it MOST gay men did not give a fuck.

Thing is we live in a men's world, a straight christian white rich men world and everything else are minorities BUT when put together they are the majority. How come we still agree to give power to these fuckers ? We let them define us, them being "the norm" and us all misfits ? That's crazy.

:clap:

And another thing, i don't think it's ok to oppose one "minority" against another one BUT we should really aknowledge that today if somebody says something racist or homophobic they are immediately punished and rightfully by people and the media BUT when somebody says something about a woman's age in a derogatory way you can hear crickets....I can't imagine somebody writing an article or going on tv to say this one shouldn't be doing this because he or she is black or gay and yet our society limit women "She shouldn't be doing this because she's a mom", "She shouldn't be doing this because she'll get a reputation" these are things people say without even having an eye blink and even worse people nod to it.

Are you really going to compare people on Instagram or wherever calling Madonna an old hag to people saying things like black people are naturally violent or niggers should be in cages cause they're gorillas or gays are mentally ill, pedophiles, and will burn in hell? You can't see the difference in why racism and homophobia is far more dangerous?

Excluding Madonnas lack of intersectionality, I agree with her about women to the extent of yes, women face discrimination. And I think Madonna is leading the way for the future generations because I think my generation will look like Madonna when we're in our 50's. I think my generation will be more sexual, more single, and more free than the 56 year-old today and Madonna is a representation of that. I'm going to be just like Madonna. My hair will be dyed, I will be in shape, I'll still be healthy and sexual and sexually active and still current and fresh and hopefully plastic surgery will be more advanced and cheaper by the time I'm 56. I absolutely despise when people say shit like "Meryl Streep is a great example of how an older woman should be, not Madonna". Fuck that. Did you guys see Jackie Stallone at the Expandables premiere? She's 90 and she had on a wig and heels and little black skirt and it's like I hope that's me.

But age and weight and social class are universal discriminations.

I mean Madonna talked about age discrimination in Out and then in another interview she said she wouldn't date a man her age because they're fat and bald or whatever.

I think whatever Madonna says is exclusively about Madonna. As someone said this is all about her perspective. She's neurotic, she's a narcissist. What she said was disappointing and ignorant but I know it was all from her point of view and in ways I sympathize but I sympathize more for her ignorant way of thinking in public.

And it's still messed up no matter which way you rationalize it that her bringing up gays and blacks to women is not messed up.

And another thing, i don't think it's ok to oppose one "minority" against another one BUT we should really aknowledge that today if somebody says something racist or homophobic they are immediately punished and rightfully by people and the media BUT when somebody says something about a woman's age in a derogatory way you can hear crickets....I can't imagine somebody writing an article or going on tv to say this one shouldn't be doing this because he or she is black or gay and yet our society limit women "She shouldn't be doing this because she's a mom", "She shouldn't be doing this because she'll get a reputation" these are things people say without even having an eye blink and even worse people nod to it.

Very very true.

This is what she was getting at, but that writer did turn it into a soundbite sort of thing.

but I know Madonna well enough to know that she still believes gays and blacks are oppressed and is here on the fight with them, and she has thousands of quotes to back that up, so I don't doubt her solidarity for one second regardless.

This.

When did the world become a bunch of over sensitive pansies? For fuck sakes. There is nothing to get offended over here......lol. I seriously believe half the people that bitch about stuff like this aren't even really offended.......I think they just like to hear themselves talk.

Why does everything have to be explicitly broken down for people?? It's ridiculous. CLEARLY, all she is basically saying is women's rights movement has somewhat stagnated while there has been great progress in the same time period with blacks and gays. Really......WTF is the problem with that statement??

You believe white women have it worse than gays and blacks?

She never said white women have it worst than gays and black people. She said more progress has been made during the last years to improve the situation of Gays and black than women issues in general.

She's talking from her own experience. She knows how different it was to be gay in the early eighties than nowadays. She also never said that Gay rights are accomplished yet.

I don't think nowadays a newspaper, a TV show or an article would trash Rihanna for being black, or drag Sam Smith for being gay, yet you will find hundreds of articles trashing Madonna for being "too old". That's the POINT. It's not that hard to understand for fuck sake!

She's also not trying to make a competition, only illiterate people would get it that way.

That's not what "Women are the most marginalized group in society" means. I'm reading the words not making excuses with reinterpretations.

And again being black and gay vs. old are 2 different things.

And the media does not HAVE to bash black women because black women in the media are marginalized by whitewashed culture. White appropriation takes care of that. A great example of Vogue doing an article of "big bootys" being trendy and citing white women like Iggy and Miley and Kim as their pioneers after black women have spent decades being put down for their thick bodies. Another example is Kylie Jenner's dreadlocks being praised and Katy rocking black hairstyles while black women are mocked for it.

It would be like saying fat people are just as discriminated as blacks and gays. It's apples and oranges in the end.

Edited by IDareUBambi

Are you really going to compare people on Instagram or wherever calling Madonna an old hag to people saying things like black people are naturally violent or niggers should be in cages cause they're gorillas or gays are mentally ill, pedophiles, and will burn in hell? You can't see the difference in why racism and homophobia is far more dangerous?

Excluding Madonnas lack of intersectionality, I agree with her about women to the extent of yes, women face discrimination. And I think Madonna is leading the way for the future generations because I think my generation will look like Madonna when we're in our 50's. I think my generation will be more sexual, more single, and more free than the 56 year-old today and Madonna is a representation of that. I'm going to be just like Madonna. My hair will be dyed, I will be in shape, I'll still be healthy and sexual and sexually active and still current and fresh and hopefully plastic surgery will be more advanced and cheaper by the time I'm 56. I absolutely despise when people say shit like "Meryl Streep is a great example of how an older woman should be, not Madonna". Fuck that. Did you guys see Jackie Stallone at the Expandables premiere? She's 90 and she had on a wig and heels and little black skirt and it's like I hope that's me.

But age and weight and social class are universal discriminations.

I mean Madonna talked about age discrimination in Out and then in another interview she said she wouldn't date a man her age because they're fat and bald or whatever.

I think whatever Madonna says is exclusively about Madonna. As someone said this is all about her perspective. She's neurotic, she's a narcissist. What she said was disappointing and ignorant but I know it was all from her point of view and in ways I sympathize but I sympathize more for her ignorant way of thinking in public.

And it's still messed up no matter which way you rationalize it that her bringing up gays and blacks to women is not messed up.

I lost you at cultural appropriation in your second post.

(Meryl streep had a facelift and botox btw)

YES discrimination is discrimination wether it's about your age, race colour, gender, age, appearance or sexuality it's still discrimination but some discrimnations are more acceptable like calling a woman an old hag or mocking somebody's weight, try saying the same bullshit about a black person or a gay man (not lesbians because jokes about lesbians appearances are accepted).

You accuse Madonna to organize in hierarchy yet you are doing exactly that. Are you really a woman or you just to pass as one ?

Do you think it's ok to earn less for the same job than a man does ? Don't you think it's discrimination ? Or would it be only if people of colour earned less for the same job based on the colour of their skin ? (which they do in fact since there is still a tacit discrimination when hiring somebody for top jobs based on colours & name at least here).

You seem to have your own idea of who and what Madonna is and should be so there's no point in arguing with you here.

I think one point that some people are missing here is that you can't hide the fact that you are a woman, but if you choose you can hide the fact that you're gay and keep your sexuality secret. So that in a way that exposes you as a woman to ridicule and even harassment that some gay people can avoid by staying in the closet.

Actually I think the whole coming out process in the gay community kind of raises political awareness and solidarity among gay people. whereas since women don't come out in the same way there are a lot of women who don't get involved in political movements or the consciousness of what it means to be female and face discrimination.

I think one point that some people are missing here is that you can't hide the fact that you are a woman, but if you choose you can hide the fact that you're gay and keep your sexuality secret. So that in a way that expose you as a woman to ridicule and even harassment that some gay people can avoid by staying in the closet.

Actually I think the whole coming out process in the gay community kind of raises political awareness and solidity among gay people. whereas since women don't come out in the same way there are a lot of women who don't get involved in political movements or the consciousness of what it means to be female and discrimination.

I understand what ur saying, but the very basic act of having 2 'hide' is the ultimate result of discrimination.

And I don't think it's a 'vs.' situation either, it's certainly not a competition. But women r unlikely 2 b refused

service in a shop cuz of their gender, whereas recently I got treated badly 4 holding my bf's hand in a restaurant.