I didn't like this song at first but then I went to the Basquiat exhibit and now I love it. "What d'ya got, show me your Basquiat/he didn't keep it all to himself" is so simple yet loaded with meaning and soul tbh

• 2 weeks later...

i fucking love this song. it's my current fave. can't get enough of it!

ooooohhhhooohhhh

don't ever try to take my freeeedom

also the beginning of the song reminds me of animals like the lion king or something :lmao:

This is basically why I've always said bytch need 2 write a bio on her early years.

& Really fuck the complete auto biography...she owes it 2 history 2 write a book

on that whole New York scene... #PattiSmith

• 2 months later...

I've been kind of ignoring this gem,falling in love with it all over again!

This is whats great about RH, its such a long and diverse album you can take breaks from a few sections of the album and refresh yourself with other set of songs.The album 'not being cohesive' like how some fans claim kinda works in that favor, there's always something available for any mood

I loved this one since the demo. I dont feel like she ever cracked its potential though. There are things i love about the demo (like the verses) that are lost in the album version, and similarly, i feel like the drum & Bass addition to the album version never quite worked. That said, i love the bridge that was added.

The whole track is so melodic, and lyrically sentimental its hard not to love it - i just wish it had a more cohesive sound. the production feels like it has been shoe horned onto the track. I feel like it would work best as an acoustic piano / guitar track.

One of my favorite songs on this impeccable album. I wish that little drum breakdown before the last chorus was a little bit longer.

That song is all neon lights and Rubik's cubes.

80's beats with cool lyrics about being yourself without compromise.

Love it!

Whenever this song ends I just think to myself...but graffiti is illegal Madonna :lol:

Exactly.

She's saying that graffiti DOES change stuff.