Towleroad.com Interview - Bitch, I'm Madonna a single? [merged]

I'm in my 20s and I hate it tbh

Just an opinion

:laugh: Ha Ha, Don't you know you are not allowed to have a different opinion on songs you prefer anymore. You will be accused of not being a real Madonna fan, a clueless Madonna fan and told to fuck off etc.

Seriously, this stupid sniping between older and younger fans and fans who prefer songs to others etc makes people here sound like little monsters. I have always loved the fact that younger and older fans get along so well here. Lately, there has been this under-current of friction between people purely based on song preferences. Hope it soon passes. Love the songs you all want to love and enjoy, who cares if other fans don't love them as much. Isn't variety the spice of life ?

And probably THE most popular song off this new album on social media, esp. with young people. They LOVE this song.

It's really only divisive within the fan community.

Maybe it is because for us fans she does not need to reaffirm who she is, because she is already awesome? Sigh! My problem with these kind of tracks is that the self-reference is too in-your-face, too obvious. The reason why I think the general public likes it is because in their heads Madonna is this reified individual, and to us fans, while she is the Queen, she is also someone we can relate to in a more "intimate" way, so to speak, in a more human-to-human kind of way, because there is an empathy with her persona, her music and her lyrics.

Besides, I bet half of those downloading the track are just too afraid of admitting they want to download a Madonna track, and having MiinajĀ“s name attached makes them feel good about themselves and their notion of what is "cool".

Guest Rachelle of London

Calm the F down. I can express my opinion. We do not have to agree. You can disagree without being rude.

Bitch get off my pole!!!

Guest Rachelle of London

Well the public like it, it would be a good move chart wise considering BIM was charting on iTunes ahead of all other songs and it displays the Rebel part of the album perfectly. Plus Nicki Minaj exposure. It'll be great...

Or should Madonna release Messiah and Wash All Over Me so people think the album us full of ballads...

Maybe it is because for us fans she does not need to reaffirm who she is, because she is already awesome? Sigh! My problem with these kind of tracks is that the self-reference is too in-your-face, too obvious. The reason why I think the general public likes it is because in their heads Madonna is this reified individual, and to us fans, while she is the Queen, she is also someone we can relate to in a more "intimate" way, so to speak, in a more human-to-human kind of way, because there is an empathy with her persona, her music and her lyrics.

Besides, I bet half of those downloading the track are just too afraid of admitting they want to download a Madonna track, and having MiinajĀ“s name attached makes them feel good about themselves and their notion of what is "cool".

It's a fun dance track that is highly popular already, esp. with the social media crowd. Relax, it's not that serious...

The promotion of this album has been so overwhelmingly perfectly executed that I guess she's allowed one mistake :laugh:

that mistake went to the living for love single cover

The reality is, Nobody is going to remember BIM 2 years from now. We are singing LAP 25 years later. She is the one who said she does not care about charts and is about eternity. There is nothing eternal about BIM. It's a fun novelty song but when you listen to the 25 songs, how the fuck is that a single...B side of a much more substantial song maybe but not on its own and I do not care what juvenile delinquents downloaded it on ITunes. Those are the here today, gone tomorrow fans that like the disposable pop the rest of the pop world churn out.

They are not the same keeping Ed Sheeran and Sam Smith top of the charts for months on end. They will be on to the next nursery rhyme the following week. She has songs as good as anything Ed or Sam put out last year. She must show off.

M is always complaining of radio playing the same songs. Well exactly. So if she is looking for short term glorification, then that's a single but I would hate for that to be released as a single from this magnificent album. It deserves much better representation than that. She will get radio play with VeniVediVici with Nas on it. Ask Drake or Kendrick to show up on BestNight, she will get the same audience she may be looking to get on BIM. Difference is, those two are much better songs.

The reality is, Nobody is going to remember BIM 2 years from now. We are singing LAP 25 years later. She is the one who said she does not care about charts and is about eternity. There is nothing eternal about BIM. It's a fun novelty song but when you listen to the 25 songs, how the fuck is that a single...B side of a much more substantial song maybe but not on its own and I do not care what juvenile delinquents downloaded it on ITunes. Those are the here today, gone tomorrow fans that like the disposable pop the rest of the pop world churn out.

They are not the same keeping Ed Sheeran and Sam Smith top of the charts for months on end. They will be on to the next nursery rhyme the following week. She has songs as good as anything Ed or Sam put out last year. She must show off.

M is always complaining of radio playing the same songs. Well exactly. So if she is looking for short term glorification, then that's a single but I would hate for that to be released as a single from this magnificent album. It deserves much better representation than that. She will get radio play with VeniVediVici with Nas on it. Ask Drake or Kendrick to show up on BestNight, she will get the same audience she may be looking to get on BIM. Difference is, those two are much better songs.

I kinda agree and disagree. I really like BIM and I think it deserves to be a single. I think this albums deserves at least 7/8 singles it has a lot to offer! it's not like others don't do it. I'm pretty upset at the lack of singles from previous albums. pretty much since coafd/hc. I have faith in her team and I don't think they're going to play the HC/MDNA card, they are aware that us fans are upset especially after all the expectations we had on MDNA (not trashing the album, I'm talking about promo). We want singles and videos and we want Madonna to be present. I see a different attitude. Also she's openly talking about ageism and clearly doesn't want to stop now -one of the arguments I listened to was she's old now she doesn't care about releasing singles- She had never delivered an album with so much songs, I think it would be the worst to release only 3 songs. She's flooding us with promo everywhere. She's the queen, she's 56 and proud, she's here to stay and she wants people to know it. Releasing BIM won't prevent BN (feat Drake pleeeease) or VVV to be released.

I kinda agree and disagree. I really like BIM and I think it deserves to be a single. I think this albums deserves at least 7/8 singles it has a lot to offer! it's not like others don't do it. I'm pretty upset at the lack of singles from previous albums. pretty much since coafd/hc. I have faith in her team and I don't think they're going to play the HC/MDNA card, they are aware that us fans are upset especially after all the expectations we had on MDNA (not trashing the album, I'm talking about promo). We want singles and videos and we want Madonna to be present. I see a different attitude. Also she's openly talking about ageism and clearly doesn't want to stop now -one of the arguments I listened to was she's old now she doesn't care about releasing singles- She had never delivered an album with so much songs, I think it would be the worst to release only 3 songs. She's flooding us with promo everywhere. She's the queen, she's 56 and proud, she's here to stay and she wants people to know it. Releasing BIM won't prevent BN (feat Drake pleeeease) or VVV to be released.

I get what you are saying and I wouldn't mind BIM as a single only after the much better songs is what I am saying.