I can't give you perfect,

but I can give you forever

That lyric is :inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove:

My favorite lyric as well! So beautiful!

I didn't like this at first but it has grown on me. Doesn't fit the album but glad we got it in the end. I love the lyrics but the song doesn't really feel like it goes anywhere?

The demo went all kinds of places and ended up in 80's Heaven.

My favorite lyric as well! So beautiful!

The demo went all kinds of places and ended up in 80's Heaven.

i just found it on youtube. listening for the first time

wow it's really different!

Do you like it better? :) I think it could have been one of the best tracks on the entire album, had they left it alone or just punched it up a little.

Guest PRPapi

I freakin' LOVE this song! And, it's true: what a grower! At first, I didn't like it, but the more I listened to it, the more I loved it! And, now, it's a permanent part of my re-sequenced tracklisting playlist of Rebel Heart: #12 after Joan of Arc.

I love the disco instrumentation, how it subtly makes you wanna dance, the melody is perfect, and how the lyrics are motivating and heartfelt. LOVE IT!

• 3 weeks later...

I adore this song her wonderful vocal performance. Masterful Musical arrangement.

And,of course..the overall message a perfect combination!

If she is going to run around and perform other tracks from the album this should be the one! :smile:

Guest Hunterlas

I refused to listen to the demos till now. I wanted to enjoy the album as Madonna intended it, so I was fair to Rebel Heart and do love it for what it is, a great 13th album.

That being said (and I hate to be that fan)... The demo is waaaay better than the album version. At least for my taste.

I refused to listen to the demos till now. I wanted to enjoy the album as Madonna intended it, so I was fair to Rebel Heart and do love it for what it is, a great 13th album.

That being said (and I hate to be that fan)... The demo is waaaay better than the album version. At least for my taste.

I think were all terrified to mention the demos nowadays but youre right. (sorry everyone) same as JOA, Rebel Heart and WAOM. OK Ban me x Rebel heart demo2 has just got number 1 written all over it! I still love the final versions though and ill shut up now and never mention it again. ZIP!

Guest HaveASit

Really? I always found it so blah

• 3 weeks later...

:inlove: I still like both versions.

I give the album version the edge, it's so bright and shiny. (Its weird how RH the album version has a very similar production, but feels so downbeat). The demo is nice until those backing vocals kick in, then it kind of falls apart for me.

DEFINITELY prefer the final version, all the way! It's great having the demos and all, but nothing beats the finished product. I think it's interesting that almost everyone on this forum seems to prefer whatever version of a given song they heard first, and claim that whatever version they heard after was inferior...... The demo listening process should only ever happen AFTER an album is officially released ;) patience is a virtue!

Guest Pud Whacker

Which version do you prefer?

i love both of them!

absolutely love the guitar opening of the demo and theres an interesting rawness of the music that compliment the delicacy and vulnerability of her vocal performance. the male back ground vocals are a real turn on.

i love the ethereal lightness of the final album version. more of a disco version.

my preference is the demo, i think it works better.

you?

DEFINITELY prefer the final version, all the way! It's great having the demos and all, but nothing beats the finished product. I think it's interesting that almost everyone on this forum seems to prefer whatever version of a given song they heard first, and claim that whatever version they heard after was inferior...... The demo listening process should only ever happen AFTER an album is officially released ;) patience is a virtue!

I wouldn't quickly jump into that conclusion.

Out of the 20+ demos I heard first, I prefer only five of those over the album versions. Oddly it seems that three of them are the same for a lot of members:

1. Rebel Heart

2. Wash All Over Me

3. Beautiful Scars

I also prefer Hold Tight and Inside Out in their demo versions but that does not seem to be what many think. However, the three mentioned above have been pointed out by many as "preferred" in the demo form.

Guest Pud Whacker

:rotfl:

Why are people offended if one prefers a demo

version?!!! It's like a remix. Who cares?!!

Guest Hunterlas

Why are people offended if one prefers a demo

version?!!! It's like a remix. Who cares?!!

E X A C T L Y

...and shouldnt we be thrilled we have both versions anyways?