Im sorry but the ORIGINAL concept was MUCH MUCH MUCH better and now all I can think is it's just a remix like what Vission did to What It Feels Like For A Girl. They took a beautiful, deep, musically sonic song with a "soundtrack from the 80's masterpeice" (which is the BEST thing about it, like Simple MInds' Dont You Forget About Me) and made it sound like a "groovy chill song" that looses itself because it works as the soundtrack to the background music of a pool party. No one would pay much attention if this was played but the original concept was amazing! Now that the LP is released, I think I can say that. Ive bitten my tongue and just listened to what others had to say on all topics, but this is the one Im most passionate about! It's one of the best songs Ive heard in YEARS BY ANYONE besides Ghosttown! But at least I have it. That should matter enough but it could have been an amazing single and now it's just a minor song on the deluxe version....sad.

Also, Im not starting an argument with those who disagree. To those people, just be happy the version you like made it and let me feel the way I feel because in the end, the public get's your version officially, as do you.

Oh shit..I came in here ready to post pretty much everything you just said! I immediately fell in love with the demo. And when I heard it was gonna be included on the album I was so fucking happy. Then I heard what happened to it..ugh.this stupid slow groove strips the song totally away. It loses all the emotion and feeling it had. I love the lyrics for sure, but really this is horrible.

Im sorry but the ORIGINAL concept was MUCH MUCH MUCH better and now all I can think is it's just a remix like what Vission did to What It Feels Like For A Girl. They took a beautiful, deep, musically sonic song with a "soundtrack from the 80's masterpeice" (which is the BEST thing about it, like Simple MInds' Dont You Forget About Me) and made it sound like a "groovy chill song" that looses itself because it works as the soundtrack to the background music of a pool party. No one would pay much attention if this was played but the original concept was amazing! Now that the LP is released, I think I can say that. Ive bitten my tongue and just listened to what others had to say on all topics, but this is the one Im most passionate about! It's one of the best songs Ive heard in YEARS BY ANYONE besides Ghosttown! But at least I have it. That should matter enough but it could have been an amazing single and now it's just a minor song on the deluxe version....sad.

Also, Im not starting an argument with those who disagree. To those people, just be happy the version you like made it and let me feel the way I feel because in the end, the public get's your version officially, as do you.

It really was 80's pop perfection, right down to the "bop bop bop" male vocals in the background and the guitar during the bridge was EVERYTHING. I would literally rewind and repeat the bridge 10x in a row almost every time I listened to it. And I've said the same exact thing as you since the first time I heard the album version - it's like a bad remix of a great song - one of those remixes that takes away all the emotion and even manages to drain the catchiness out of the melody. The bridge, in the final version, is the complete opposite of what it needs to be. :( I hate to complain because I love M and this album so much, and I always trust her instinct but I just fell in love so hard for the demo. And I know... it was a demo and I was stupid to get attached... but still... I really hope the demo someday leaks in HQ. The only way I can imagine liking the album version is if I'd never heard the demo.

Are you fucking kidding me???????

I JUST heard the demo for the first time. Just now! The demo KICKS ASS over the album version. It's a million times more emotional and her vocals are cleaner.

I said that this was my favorite song BEFORE I even heard the demo. Now that I have heard the demo, I'm floored by the change.

That guitar strum at the end is perfection.

The album version sounds like a remix. From now on the demo version will be the one I listen to regularly. It's gorgeous.

I understand, that's how I feel about WAOM, but seems the overwhelming majority prefer the new version.

For me, the spirit of RH and BS is essentially the same, maybe that's why I don't mind the new versions.

I wish she and her team would maybe make some of these demos available for purchase or something, since so many fans seem to like them.

This is another song like RH where it's impossible for me to imagine the demo being better! I'm in love with Beautiful Scars. I know Bill was crazy about the demo version as well.

This is another song like RH where it's impossible for me to imagine the demo being better! I'm in love with Beautiful Scars. I know Bill was crazy about the demo version as well.

Shane, have you heard the BS demo yet? I'm interested in your opinion. Don't listen if you don't want to, I understand.

So far, I've heard only a few demos of some songs and I'm liking all the album versions better....Except BS!!!

The BS demo is beautiful.

I can't stress enough how much better the demos was of RH, BS, and WAOM... Avicii's production is so much hated in here... Rebel Heart went from being major single potential to almost like a filler track

Addicted ended well polished, they stayed very much loyal to the demo.. i hope they did the same with those 3

Shane, have you heard the BS demo yet? I'm interested in your opinion. Don't listen if you don't want to, I understand.

So far, I've heard only a few demos of some songs and I'm liking all the album versions better....Except BS!!!

The BS demo is beautiful.

I don't plan to listen to any demos at this time. But I'm intrigued because I know how much you loved this album version from the start, and now you say you love the demo even more!

These lyrics are so heartfelt.

Well, so I guess I'm in the total minority (or the only one?) who absolutely loves this song AND prefers it over the demo.

The demo is a cute song and I agree that the bridge sounds amazing, but overall, it does sound pretty unpolished and at times cheesy. The final version, on the other hand, is a sound I can totally connect with - it's groovy, it's lush, it's got these perfect lounge vibes that just makes you want to chill out and enjoy the day. Plus her vocals come shining through a lot more (which is something I admire about the final product in general - most songs have ultra CLEAR vocals).

I think if they had kept the 80's sound of the demo and continued working with that, it still would have turned out very nicely too - but the way it is now, I don't have any complaints either.

Apart from RH and WAOM, this is the only other demo I listened to. What they did to it in its final form is a travesty of epic proportions. I can't put into words how much I HATE the new production. Emotion-stripping, boring, 90s remix-tastic nothingness, with the once wonderful bridge collapsing into the black murky depths below. The person or THING behind this production needs to be punished mercilessly.

Apart from RH and WAOM, this is the only other demo I listened to. What they did to it in its final form is a travesty of epic proportions. I can't put into words how much I HATE the new production. Emotion-stripping, boring, 90s remix-tastic nothingness, with the once wonderful bridge collapsing into the black murky depths below. The person or THING behind this production needs to be punished mercilessly.

I know, I was stunned when I heard it.

I could understand if it had been polished up to be more like the rest of the album, but it just sounds like the throwback lovechild between HC and COADF

I think rocknrolla, SkyHigh76, Vogue_Music and me should start a separate appreciation thread - so we don't feel singled out for loving the song :lol::D

And me, I really like this one!

My favourite track by now! At first I was pissed (yes, I listened all the demos) but now...the demo version is far from being as good as the final version, is weird. I love this track, I hope she performs it

I'll never get over it :cries:

I'm a fan of other artists who either play unreleased songs live or put them on youtube. Once the album release arrives, sometimes I prefer the "old" versions, sometimes the new.

It is a frustrating experience, because you never feel quite satisfied listening to the final version.

I think rocknrolla, SkyHigh76, Vogue_Music and me should start a separate appreciation thread - so we don't feel singled out for loving the song :lol::D

Sounds good!

I went back and listened to the demo again, and I without a doubt prefer the new.

It starts nicely, but I think I dislike the backing vocals in the middle. Reminds me of material girl, I think.

It also sounds a lot like Rebel Heart, like they took the melody from each song and just used the same instruments on each, whatever they are.