Montreal 9/9 Bell Center: OPENING NIGHT - fan reviews only

graffitiheart

I think the most "shocking" element to the tour is the scaling back.

But Madonna did say the theme was "romance" and that translates into a slower, lighter and more gentle show this time were her voice gets showcased above the usual "style" we are used to seeing.

But we have something we haven't had in her mammoth career of previous tours, not only is she singing her 80s classics she's doing it with the 80s interactions as well!

Its a contrast to what we are used too....

The best way I can describe what I've seen so far is its

"A stadium show in an arena".

From the various clips and pictures I've seen the tour looks pretty good.

My only two negatives would be the samurai act seems a bit out of place compared to the rest of the show and Candy Shop again? Really?! It wasn't even a single?! It's not a bad song but it's been on the past two tours. It's just overkill.

Everything else looks pretty fucking awesome. The flapper girl act looks cool and I can't believe she's singing so many old songs. Seriously cant wait until MarcH!

From the various clips and pictures I've seen the tour looks pretty good.

My only two negatives would be the samurai act seems a bit out of place compared to the rest of the show and Candy Shop again? Really?! It wasn't even a single?! It's not a bad song but it's been on the past two tours. It's just overkill.

Everything else looks pretty fucking awesome. The flapper girl act looks cool and I can't believe she's singing so many old songs. Seriously cant wait until MarcH!

Well, this means Madonna loves it. It's also the opening track on 'Hard Candy'. I think Madonna loves its cabaret feel.

Production wise I don't think the show is scaled back. It's very consistent with the rest of her tours, obviously not as bombastic as MDNA but not every tour can be that epic and obviously it's not as physical as her last two but to be fair, that last tour really did her in and I think she learnt her lesson. If anything is scaled back, it's Madonna herself. The focus seems to be on music this time and emotion, great vocals and artistry. I'm going to admittedly really miss the big dance numbers tho. It's going to get harder and harder to watch her gradually slow things down.

Production wise I don't think the show is scaled back. It's very consistent with the rest of her tours, obviously not as bombastic as MDNA but not every tour can be that epic and obviously it's not as physical as her last two but to be fair, that last tour really did her in and I think she learnt her lesson. If anything is scaled back, it's Madonna herself. The focus seems to be on music this time and emotion, great vocals and artistry. I'm going to admittedly really miss the big dance numbers tho. It's going to get harder and harder to watch her gradually slow things down.

:sad:

Maybe thats why i felt a little emotion watching her perform Holiday as the closer. She's gradually slowing down from the performer that we're used to. And thats fine. I wouldn't mind seeing her do a WTG tour type of show where the choreography is minimal and the focus is more on the music and voice.

Simply amazing and still in awe.

Which videos do you all find yourselves rewatching the most?

For me it's the intro... absolutely incredible. I get chills every time she says "I wanna start a revolution.... someone has to" and then those drums!!!!!

Choreography / physicality isn't to blame for "Holiday" -- it was just bloodless.

She was at 110 percent throughout that show, but "Holiday" felt like an afterthought at the end. It was the only weak part of the show.

but Holiday must have sounded amazing!!

I don't even want to think about that :( its like seeing our parents get older.

I know she's not superman, but I kinda hoped she would have waited to do a 'less physical' tour in her 60's and done as much choreography as possible while she can now. And the promos for Rebel Heart this year proves she's as strong as ever!

Staying up all night and watching it on periscope was so worth it. What an incredibly entertaining show! An amazing mix of new and (very) old. Who would have thought that we get to hear so many songs from her first two albums after all these years. I'm in Madonna heaven.

Can we just stop with the "scaled back" thing please. By watching these videos, I only see an incredible connexion between Madonna and the public, it reminds me a bit the Virgin tour and WTGT, I cannot be more happy and impatient to see it live

I think the "she's slowing down" talk is a bit exaggerated. First off, we have seen her dancing her ass off just a few months ago for the promo performances. The LFL dance breakdown she did at the Grammys and the Brits was just as energetic as the choreos off MDNA and S&S.

Plus people keep forgetting this is the very first out of 60+ shows. If you watch footage from her previous tours, she never dances full force in the first shows. You can see it in BAT Yokohama. You can see it in MDNA Tel Aviv compared to her later shows in Europe. I recall M herself said once she kicks off a new tour she needs to warm up to it down the road. It also makes sense to save the energy for the later shows. Once again, look at MDNA and how the last leg was basically killing her.

And, finally, "big choreos" and "energetic dancing" aren't always the same thing. There's no choreo here, but look how she's prancing around here! Full of energy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0XC1iQzCGA

So really, I don't think we're at the point where she has to drastically slow it down due to her age. That time WILL come and it's best to come to terms with it as soon as possible, but we're not there yet (which is also another reason we should cherish what she is still delivering NOW) :thumbsup:

I think the "she's slowing down" talk is a bit exaggerated. First off, we have seen her dancing her ass off just a few months ago for the promo performances. The LFL dance breakdown she did at the Grammys and the Brits was just as energetic as the choreos off MDNA and S&S.

Plus people keep forgetting this is the very first out of 60+ shows. If you watch footage from her previous tours, she never dances full force in the first shows. You can see it in BAT Yokohama. You can see it in MDNA Tel Aviv compared to her later shows in Europe. I recall M herself said once she kicks off a new tour she needs to warm up to it down the road. It also makes sense to save the energy for the later shows. Once again, look at MDNA and how the last leg was basically killing her.

And, finally, "big choreos" and "energetic dancing" aren't always the same thing. There's no choreo here, but look how she's prancing around here! Full of energy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0XC1iQzCGA

So really, I don't think we're at the point where she has to drastically slow it down due to her age. That time WILL come and it's best to come to terms with it as soon as possible, but we're not there yet (which is also another reason we should cherish what she is still delivering NOW) :thumbsup:

MTE. Ive talked about the slowing down thing too but not in the sense of her not being capable of doing it because we all know she can. Change is good.

There's nothing "scaled back" about this tour. Its scale is enormous -- the stage looks to be the biggest of any production she's done, the screens are huge and integrated into the show much the way MDNA's were (just rewatch the opening number), there are more dancers and props than ever before ... What exactly is smaller here?

It seems that people think "scaled back" means there's no 10-minute highly-choreographed, all-hands-on-deck dance breakdown a la "Celebration" in MDNA or "GI2M" in Sticky -- or perhaps that it's more interactive with the audience instead of having Madonna act as if she's playing a part on stage. But shows don't need either of those things to have scale. Further, shows don't need to have either in order to be good.

Guest Pud Whacker

Maybe thats why i felt a little emotion watching her perform Holiday as the closer. She's gradually slowing down from the performer that we're used to. And thats fine. I wouldn't mind seeing her do a WTG tour type of show where the choreography is minimal and the focus is more on the music and voice.

That's really cute but if you think the ENERGY and choreography is MINIMAL - you are absolutely clueless in don't mean that as an insult. But watch that tour and do two numbers and get back to me.

No one has seen it and everyone is critic.

Wait to see and then judge for yourself!

IKR

I thought this thread was for the reviews of the people who actually went to the concert :lmao: