Montreal 9/9 Bell Center: OPENING NIGHT - fan reviews only

graffitiheart

Not yet. it's tomorrow :)

Oh yeah ! LOL . I can not wait to wake up to THIS ! ( It's 11.15 pm here in Thailand )

Just back in my hotel. Almost impossible to say right now properly how amazing I thought this show was.

It's mindblowingly good.

80s hit after 80s hit and she looked AMAZING and so happy and so relaxed. The music is UNREAL.

The energy.

And there was NO POLITICS.

OMG I am just in total shock. I didn't expect SO MANY 80s hits.

And Le Vie En Rose (or whatever it's called) was just OUT OF THIS WORLD. The arena went NUTS. NUTS. NUTS.

OMG TRUE BLUE is perfection

Too many highlights to remember all, but some

-ICONIC opening

-Holy Watta / Vogue / Nuns in poles / Last Supper --WTF??? loved it

-Heartbreak city + LDLHA: i died, completely unexpected and i cant believe i didnt notice how much they fit together

-The illuminati interlude is definitely one of the best ever, never seen so many people so excited for an interlude before, probably the only tiny part of the show where there is something political in the screens.

-The audience loved the hits of course, but especially True Blue, Who's that girl and the 80's medley. I can't believe she did a 80's medley!!! I was dead. Who's that girl was sung beautifully. Her voice is definitely very strong. Everybody was singing it, can't believe people remember, always though it was a forgotten gem.

-La isla bonita, i loved this one, i though i would have been sick of it, but I loved it.

-everybody went nuts and gave a standing ovation after La Vie en Rose, she never sounded better, and people were impressed..they wouldn't stop clapping to the point she couldn't speak for a while

Even though she didn't sing a lot of major hits, she did sing tons of others, so I didn't really miss them

I still can't believe she did 5 songs from LAV!!!

-Like a Virgin

-Material Girl

-Dress you up

-Into the groove

-Love don't live here anymore

Awesome show !!!! much more downtempo then the other tours but full of love and life !! Our favs of the night : Holy Water, Holiday, La vie en rose , Illuminati, Like a Virgin, Rebel Heart, Bitch i'm Madonna !!

But i have one thing that keeps going through my mind : Where are the japanese drums and where is the S.E.X. teacher video ??

The intro was soo good. The Are you with me part is soo good.

Highlight are Iconie. Devil pray. Heartbreak city. Deeper and deeper. Living for love. Sex interlude. Mdley dress you up. Rebel heart was cool. Music candy shop are the best!! La vie en rose pretty amazing. And holiday okay

Idk. I feel like it was missing something. Maybe I was around old sitting people that are the casual fans. MISS GHOSTTOWN.

Again. Usuallly I know everything of the show. Not this time and I hated that. Maybe that is why. More comment tomorrow after the other concert. I have to say from the 3 I saw. I will rank rebel tour for now bottom 3 :/. I know. I have this strane feeling in me. You might now how intense I am with M. And idk. I feel strange about this show. Not super exited. Again I'm really tired. I will talk more tomorrow. Btw still an incredible show dont get me wrong.

Back from the show. Got a floor ticket, near the heart at the bottom of the cross. Madonna's voice was definitely on fire! NOBODY that attended that show can honestly say she can't sing or is a bad vocalist. She sounded very strong, especially when singing songs on the guitar.

I love the mix of old songs and new songs; lots of new, amazing songs from Rebel Heart + lots of cool, revamped oldies. Perfect! And we finally got to hear 'Who's That Girl' again, as well 'Love Don't Live Here Anymore' that had never been performed onstage before. 'Deeper and Deeper', 'Material Girl', 'Vogue', the 'Holiday' finale... Everything was perfect!

Madonna loves to make her shows dangerous. We've seen that during 'Heartbreak City' and 'Illuminati'... How can they not fall?! lol

The public definitely melted for 'La vie en rose', especially after the perfectly delivered high note. Such an ovation! The public (composed of many francophones like me) was touched by the fact she sang a full song in French. And it was cool to see Dita again, this time, on the giant screen during the whole Justify My Love/SEX act. One of the interludes showed M in her 1991 Oscar gown (or a replica thereof). This show is full of awe and ingenuity!

Funny how, when you go online, you read tons of comments and some articles making it sound like Madonna is an old dinosaur from the past, desperate, and about to be extinct, but you got go to one of her shows you see thousands upon thousand of people all around you hailing and praising her. Shows you how shallow the net may be.

Posting this here too, I guess.

Highlights:

Iconic....the murdering of icons in a cage, but Madonna fights and escapes hers. Brilliant.

Holy Water....people were gasping! It kicked ass, and was brilliantly offensive through and through. We laughed our asses off.

HeartBreakCity/Love Dont Live Here Anymore...powerful.

Music...just wow!

Holiday

La Vie En Rose

Rebel Heart

Living For Love....showing people how to rule WITH a cape.

Bitch Im Madonna....done Samurai-style was unexpected.

Deeper and Deeper...a beefed up album version. So energetic!

The abundance of 80's hits is a smart contrast to the Rebel Heart tracks as they have alot in common with who Madonna was then and how art was created and what she has come to be today. Full circle, so to speak.

It starts strong, goes trippy during the Gypsy section (just go with it) and ends fun.

People seemed to enjoy the new stuff very much.

Rebel Heart with the fan art was moving.

Guest Pud Whacker

Just back in my hotel. Almost impossible to say right now properly how amazing I thought this show was.

It's mindblowingly good.

80s hit after 80s hit and she looked AMAZING and so happy and so relaxed. The music is UNREAL.

The energy.

OMG I am just in total shock. I didn't expect SO MANY 80s hits.

And Le Vie En Rose (or whatever it's called) was just OUT OF THIS WORLD. The arena went NUTS. NUTS. NUTS.

OMG TRUE BLUE is perfection

:inlove:

MDNA nearly killed her slamming those routines and now she's on tour for literally months and months and months....

Plus her ageing the routines NEED to be scaled down!

This show is most fun she's had on stage in years and years, it's fun, she's engaging and really into it......

Yes, production wise you can't deny its scaled back but it makes up for that with killer vocals, and all those mash-ups and melody a of classics!?!?

It's a tour for "the masses" I think.....it feels ALOT like Re-Invention Tour.....big sets, classics and less "props".

Are you missing the bitchy bloody cold dark Madonna too? :lol:

I doo! A little! But i love all sides of her tbh. Mind me i havent watched no more than like two 15s insta clips and it looks good to me, but i was just expecting something a lil different and its no ones fault lol

OMG! I spent part of this early morning reading your comments, watching video, I had wet eyes more than once, this show feels extremly warm, you can feel the love and the connection between Madonna and the crowd. It's exactly what I need, and full of oldies!! Thanks now I want to see more than 2 dates!!

There was some politics (the 'Illuminati' segment), and it's perfectly fine! Artists worked really hard to come to a point they can make a living from doing what they love, go on concert tours, and they should be able to express themselves on serious topics.

I understand some may just want to have fun, and forget about the doom and gloom for a moment, but our world is in serious chaos, and a little message may go a long way. Madonna first did that w/ 'Papa Don't Preach' during the 'Who's That Girl Tour'. It had that video segment w/ pictures releated to politics, war, and the state of humanity (MLK, the assassination of JFK, Hiroshima etc.), and a SAFE SEX message at the end.

Edited by Arckangel

From the various clips and pictures I've seen the tour looks pretty good.

My only two negatives would be the samurai act seems a bit out of place compared to the rest of the show and Candy Shop again? Really?! It wasn't even a single?! It's not a bad song but it's been on the past two tours. It's just overkill.

Everything else looks pretty fucking awesome. The flapper girl act looks cool and I can't believe she's singing so many old songs. Seriously cant wait until MarcH!