MadonnaNation.com Forums

Olly is hard at work on new music, 8 new songs completed. According to his Instagram 

GOod to know! 

Good to see this thread moving again, one of their new songs plays in this ad in case anyone missed it. 

2 minutes ago, Supernatural said:

Good to see this thread moving again, one of their new songs plays in this ad in case anyone missed it. 

:headbang: I saw this on YouTube but I wasn’t really paying attention to the music, thanks for pointing it out, 

Olly also has a documentary, Growing Up Gay, which IMO touches on too many subjects in an hour, but I can't help but feel for him at times;

:tigger::tigger::tigger:Finally. I need new Olly music in my life

They r doing some serious online promo for the new song.

WERQ!

Damn. Their video imagery is ALWAYS on point.

34 minutes ago, Supernatural said:

It's taken a few listens but omg I love it

I love it!!! Happy they pushed themselves visually and with their promotional style...I love the song but it feels like every other song they’ve released. Not that that’s a bad thing. 

Cant wait for USA tour dates

It's very Slave 4 You recorded by Michael Jackson doing a Justin Timberlake impression.

10 minutes ago, Supernatural said:

It's very Slave 4 You recorded by Michael Jackson doing a Justin Timberlake impression.

Hahaha I totally hear Justin Timberlake and Beyoncé type melodies and vocalisms which I like...olly loves American 90’s pop music. I love the cleanness of the sound and the video. I wish they would release another 2-3 pre—album singles cause I need more than one. As good as it is, it gets repetitive fast. 

Good song. Very Timberlake circa 2002.

I like it a lot. 

Olly Alexander On Years & Years’ New Song And Hooking Up With A Straight Man

“There are many things that happen when you’re on your knees”

Olly Alexander feels more confident in his songwriting. In the three years since he and his fellow Years & Years bandmates, Emre Turkmen and Mikey Goldsworthy, burst on to the scene, Alexander’s become a pop rebel with a cause, using his platform to uplift the queer community and be a voice for mental illness awareness. It only makes sense his writings become more personal.

“Even though the older songs have been about me and my life, I’ve felt more empowered to be even more confessional in my writing,” he tells us. “I’m not shying away from certain topics anymore.” And that includes more sexually overt songs, including Years & Years’ new single, “Sanctify.”

“Sanctify” is about Alexander’s experience hooking up with a straight man. At a certain point in this relationship, Alexander explains, things became chaotic. “There’s so much that goes on in an experience like that. On the one hand, the guy is struggling with his sexuality and feeling unable to express himself as anything other than straight while also desiring me,” he says. “I’m on the other side feeling like both a sinner and saint or a devil and angel, leading this guy down a path of ‘sinfulness’ while, at the same time, helping him explore his sexuality.”

Laced within Alexander’s lyrics is a coded language speaking to the experience, one that’s more common in the queer community than many outside of it may believe. For example, when Alexander sings “You don’t have to be straight with me, I see what’s underneath your mask” in the song’s second verse, he’s speaking to this partner’s queerness and the mask of masculinity they’re hiding behind. Then, on the other side, there’s Alexander making peace with his identity. “I feel like being gay is a blessing. I wanted that to come through in the song.”

It does. This open and honest Olly imbues the pop world with a more rounded and inclusive representation of queer life. How great is it to hear queer people singing about queer sex in a way that’s actually queer rather than coded for the heterosexual masses? Pretty darn great.

5 hours ago, Supernatural said:

tumblr_n15pgsE90s1r0wh4go1_400.gif

Good song, great visuals. Olly giving us life. Good comeback! Can't wait for part II when maybe Olly will get it on with the daddy sitting in the middle of the committee panel thing? 

I hope they support Madonna on the next stadium world tour!! 

love the song

:inlove::inlove::inlove:

“Oh”

On 3/7/2018 at 6:12 PM, Supernatural said:

God damn.

What a video.

Album cover

91LK7fbFSJL._SL1500_.jpg

Palo Santo

July 6

1. Sanctify
2. Hallelujah
3. All For You
4. Karma
5. Hypnotized
6. Rendezvous
7. If You're Over Me
8. Preacher
9. Lucky Escape
10. Palo Santo
11. Here (Interlude)

bonus tracks
12. Howl
13. Don’t Panic
14. Up In Flames

lots of editions up for pre-order https://store.universalmusic.com/yearsandyears/

:bow::bow:

I’m ready for it ! Give it to us Olly