Video treatment ideas for Ghosttown

Ghosttown is the second single, which means a new video will be in the works! :dramatic:

What do people envision, hope, or expect?

I picture Madonna in one set and standing and belting out the song (ala Rain, I'll Remember)

Madonnas-hairstyle-evolution-1993-2.jpg

and broken up with cuts to a montage of real life images related the lyrics (ala American Pie, ROL).

eG8zcG96MTI=_o_madonna---american-pie.jp

Unfortunately I don't see her bothering with a big budget production mini-movie, which would be my preferred option. Something like Bad Girl. I think this song really lends itself to something like that but given the direction of the LFL, quick and cheap are the principles.

and broken up with cuts to a montage of real life images related the lyrics (ala American Pie, ROL).

I like this idea!

If the video is not something cinematic in a real ghost town, it would be a good idea to show real life images that make people think about the "crazy" world we live in... The ruined Detroit, for example, and other places and events.

Something dark colours should be black or white Or dark blue like frozen or the power of goodbye video.

As theme something like the I want you video. Madonna alone in a Ghosttown and searching for her man

hmmm, ok so i just thought about this right now randomly so its not as baked but here goes:

The video start with tv stations being flipped with news stories of mass chaos with news reporters saying things that are reflective of the times and what is really happening. "they didnt back down" "....has launch a nuclear bomb in retaliation...." "please stay inside your home" "may god bless you all" and then "BOOOOOOM" and explosion.....silence.....

Next you see Madonna pulling herself out of some rubble, she's breathing heavy, she's thinking really hard, she's looking around confused....and then the words begin...."Maybe it was all too much......

The video then displays visuals that suggest a love story with one person as well as a love story with the world that is crumbling before her very eyes. I know she likes her double entendre's so this would be reflective of the craziness going on in the world right now and how it could end up being a ghosttown if some psycho goes alittle too far and then love being the hope factor.

Not sure if Madonna should play herself in this video or if she should do a character. Need to think through this more.

A

As long as it doesn't look like Love Profusion 2.0 I'm happy.

This song is too grand not to have a music video that's less than amazing and memorable, it needs to be on the same level as Hung Up, Take a Bow, Bedtime Stories production.

I would to see something where the entire video is one giant take (like birdman) but she's walking through in the middle of a battle (set in medieval times)

Also during the bridge she gets hit by a sword and instead of blood she's bleeding roses!

Something along those lines

Just to piss off everybody who did not give Rebel Heart better grades because of S.E.X i wish the WHOLE video is a close up of her pussy with the lips miming the lyrics of the song.

Now that you have that image stuck in your brain i can go to sleep. Bonne nuit. :hornybig:

I would to see something where the entire video is one giant take (like birdman) but she's walking through in the middle of a battle (set in medieval times)

Also during the bridge she gets hit by a sword and instead of blood she's bleeding roses!

Something along those lines

I had a similar thought recently. I pictured her being hit by arrows though and instead of a wound, a bunch of flowers grow on her. I have a feeling I've seen something like this in a movie maybe but can't place it. Since the video for LFL a(nd the Matador theme) I associate flowers/roses and the colour red with the album.

she looks like M

great thinking

Thanks. At some point I would love to see her appropriate this look even if it's not for "Ghosttown", but I do think it would be interesting to present an apocalyptic scenario from a 1920's (nearly a century ago) silent film perspective.

will she go literal and make a video in a post-apocaliptic world (which i'd love) or will she do something a bit less straightforward? can't wait to see!

I want a big budget video with an actual storyline. If we won't get one for Ghosttown, then we will definitely not get one for any singles from RH.