BORROWED TIME

Guest Pud Whacker

I have been listening to this track a lot in past few days. It's a total grower.

Great lyrics, great vocals - it's so good! SDRH has only killer tracks. Everyone NEEDS this version into their lives!

My fave on the entire album (including demos). I was disappointed when it did not make the Deluxe 19 but was thrilled when it was included on the SD. In my Playlist, I play it right after Living for Love. I can't get enough of Borrowed Time. :) XOXOX

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Pud Whacker

LOVE LOVE LOVE borrowed time!!!

do we neeeeeeeed?

this song is one of the ones i sing the most when its not on.

should've been included in the standard.

I concur....have a feeling this song is going to be used in her political/controversial video segment for the Tour in some way

Guest Hunterlas

I concur....have a feeling this song is going to be used in her political/controversial video segment for the Tour in some way

FINGERS CROSSED!!!

• 3 months later...

We all know Madonna can write amazing bridges, though. She's also a perfectionist. When a song doesn't have a bridge, I believe that it's because she didn't want it to have one. I think she pays a lot of attention to structure and song craft.

Yes, somehow melody captures her and she knows when a bridge or prechorus enhance more meaning. In the 80s she was bridge galore, later she was more into other structures

Track 4 of My Rebel Heart as it should've been included in the standard.

I always feel that all should have been on the standard. I guess Madonna too, that's why she didn't take a second on that edition that Interscope asked

I always feel that all should have been on the standard. I guess Madonna too, that's why she didn't take a second on that edition that Interscope asked

Of course! The crazy epic double album she was aiming for!

• 4 months later...

I thought I was over this song (something about her voice in the chorus is grating to my ear) but I've come to appreciate it again. I just think it flows really well and the production is interesting.

Where does it stand for you now?

I thought I was over this song (something about her voice in the chorus is grating to my ear) but I've come to appreciate it again. I just think it flows really well and the production is interesting.

Still love it! Like Beautiful Killer, or sounds like it could have comefrom her 80s work (not that the two songs sound anything alike lol).

I love it!

Think I get what you say about the vocals though. They sound kind of shrill.

Oh I wish the concert were even longer and these songs were performed. I love this track so much

I definitely thought she'd turn this into her human rights/political interlude. It's such an immediate song, much more than the three other selected songs (I'm not saying that I prefer BT, but that it's simply an uplifting, super poppy song).

She def hates Aviccii, doesn't she?