Who's That Girl Songs

tasteinmen

Perhaps so but as much as they're similar, the vocals, hook and melody are very different. Dont care they're both 27/28 yrs old..would LOVE to hear her do a new song that's a LIB/WTG 3.0 today! lol

Someofshane:

I did notice the pictures from BAT.

The writer wrote alot about the Pepsi Commercial, so I only hoped she would also explore BAT and its significance (as well as Justify My Love etc). My point was that, in retrospect some things is often neglected, hence the songs from Who's That Girl for instance.

Oh I wasn't asking if you noticed to be snarky! It actually was the one thing about the book that annoyed me, because she didn't use any actual pics from the LAP era. And there was one huge error in one of the chapters, which I can't remember. Great book overall, though, I thought!

i LOVE the madonna voice on all 4 of the songs on the WTG soundtrack.

The songs are gems.

I remember posting somewhere that the first section of MDNA tour would have been a bigger and more energetic experienc had she replaced revolver with causing a commotion (a version that fit the vibe of that section) but that song would have had a whole new meaning during that section and folks would have gone insane!! instead she took that energy she created with Girl gone wild and then knocked it out of her audience with revolver.

Edited by pourhomme80

I was disappointed with them in '87 when they came out. I thought CAC and CS were shit. I thought all of them were weak compared to the True Blue songs.

They grew on me eventually. WTG is a favourite song now. I would have preferred Can't Stop to be the single over CAC.

I was disappointed with them in '87 when they came out. I thought CAC and CS were shit. I thought all of them were weak compared to the True Blue songs.

They grew on me eventually. WTG is a favourite song now. I would have preferred Can't Stop to be the single over CAC.

I was also disappointed with CAC, but the live verdions, especially the one in 1987, is powerfull and energetic.

WTG was and still is wonderful

would LOVE to hear her do a new song that's a LIB/WTG 3.0 today! lol

Oh yes! Definitely. I thought with Diplo involved in RH that we were going to get something along those lines. Maybe for a future Major Lazer album? Would be super cool!!

On the Coco Loco track - is that madonna at 4.14? And the don' t call you coco loco for nothing bit .....

Edited by Rainbow

Oh yes! Definitely. I thought with Diplo involved in RH that we were going to get something along those lines. Maybe for a future Major Lazer album? Would be super cool!!

Do you think he'll "remix" songs for the upcoming tour?

Do you think he'll "remix" songs for the upcoming tour?

That is a really sweet idea. Yes, I hope so. A whole tour section with some reggae/Major Lazer style remixes would be great. Some classics remixed to fit into the style of Unapologetic Bitch, perhaps?

Spotlight was going to be a single. But Madonna was knackered after the tour and told Warner she wanted a break, so it never happened.

Perhaps so but as much as they're similar, the vocals, hook and melody are very different. Dont care they're both 27/28 yrs old..would LOVE to hear her do a new song that's a LIB/WTG 3.0 today! lol

Did you erase the trauma that is called "Spanish Lesson" from your memory? Be careful what you wish for...

I think La Isla Bonita could have a little break form being on tour setlist, so we could hear some other older songs. I Also I really like Commotion, but never liked Who's That Girl. I think it aged, and not in a good way. The Look Of Love is one of her best ballads, definitely. And has beautiful cover sleeve.

The Look Of Love is the Angel of its era. Performed once one tour, no proper video, never appeared on a compilation and not remembered that well by the GP.

I was obsessed with these songs when they came out. I loved Who's That Girl because it sounded so different and so uniquely Madonna. Causing A Commotion is just great and The Look Of Love is so romantic. I only recently got into Can't Stop and yeah at the time I really wanted all the songs on one of her albums.

I don't think Madonna hates the songs she hasn't performed on tour. I think that Madonna thinks very much in the present and that influences her choices. I think she has to relate to whatever the song means to her on any current tour. Causing A Commotion was definately relevant to how she must have been feeling during the BAT. If some songs are recurring during tours then I think she must be feeling strongly in whatever the songs means for her at that current time. I don't think that necessarily makes them her favorites but I could be wrong.

Most people look back just for the sake of looking back whether what they are looking back on is relevant to what is going on with them currently or not. It's sentimental. Most fans are, I am as well but I believe that is why we haven't heard from some songs. I don't equate that to her hating them though.