Who's That Girl Songs

tasteinmen

I feel as though this album gets so ignored... I don't care for the other artists but the 4 Madonna tracks are great, and now I feel they are forgotten!! (Except WTG).

I think if there were ever another True Blue re-release, they should include Who's That Girl, Causing a Commotion, Look of Love, Can't Stop.

It could look like this!

01 Papa Don't Preach

02 Open Your Heart

03 White Heat

04 Live to Tell

05 Where's the Party

06 True Blue

07 La Isla Bonita

08 Jimmy Jimmy

09 Love Makes the World Go Round

10 Spotlight

11 Who's That Girl

12 Causing a Commotion

13 Look of Love

14 Can't Stop

I'm loving Can't Stop at the moment!!

I used to have the cassette tape. They're great songs. How awesome would it be if Causing A Commotion was on the next tour? Half of her core fan base would die on the spot (I know I would).

^ omfg me too!! Arena/stadium would go ballistic..in addition to loving the songs but cause she's disowned them like bastard children for sooo long lmao!Will never 4get when Perez Hilton 'went there' w/ her re: CAC and her face alone instantly zip-locked his mouth shut LOL. Yet, WTG and CAC are def. STILL in my upper tier of fav all time M songs lol.

Guest bluejean

^ omfg me too!! Arena/stadium would go ballistic..in addition to loving the songs but cause she's disowned them like bastard children for sooo long lmao!Will never 4get when Perez Hilton 'went there' w/ her re: CAC and her face alone instantly zip-locked his mouth shut LOL. Yet, WTG and CAC are def. STILL in my upper tier of fav all time M songs lol.

Can you post a video of that, I'd like to see?

I remember reading WTG soundtrack was a deliberate attempt to recreate the sounds of past Madonna hits. WTG being La Isla Bonita and CAC being Into The Groove (I guess.) Although in my mind they are very different.

Agree TB & these forgotten songs need to be rereleased again in possibly a deluxe.

So much eighties & nineties music gets amazing treatment in remasters and rereleases, but it feels like not M. :sad:

I clearly remember thinking CAC was Into The Groove remixed or re-released..something alone those lines lol. Was quite young and simply didn't understand it was just a similar sound due to having the same producer. Although their sounds are similar just like WTG and LIB I actually strongly prefer WTG in every way. Just pushes more buttons for me and find it even catchier and adore the production! Back then, even w/ the songs having the same producer, she still made every song unique and iconic unlike her recent constant referencing older songs (eg: Celebration, GMAYL and endless others).

Who's That Girl live from Ciao Italia is the best thing from that concert and the biggest crowd pleaser. Can't believe she has ignored it for so long :(

Aside from into the groove, I get the impression Madonna generally hates her soundtrack songs ( bar Evita)

Although their sounds are similar just like WTG and LIB I actually strongly prefer WTG in every way. Just pushes more buttons for me and find it even catchier and adore the production!

Me too. I just think that "Who's That Girl" has a slightly better melody than "La Isla Bonita": more poignant, wistful, and urgent.

Guest bluejean

Causing a commotion is an absolute classic! One of my faves. Not better than Get Into The Groove though.

Oh I remwmber hearing that on a VH1 Madonna doc, CAC being ITG part 2, I agreed because she actually says "get into the groove", however, CAC is one of the best songs she's done! I love it x

There are certain aspects of Madonna's career that is either forgotten or overlooked. Right now I'm reading "Madonna - Ambition. Music. Style" by Caroline Sullivan, and I get the same odd feeling as I had while reading Lucy O'Briens biography of Madonna. History has no time for certain aspects that seems important to many of Madonnas fans. (In Sullivans book The Blonde Ambition Tour is barely mentioned. The contoversy surrounding the Justify My love video is not mentioned at all).

The songs from Who's That Girl are brilliant in their own way, and should not be forgotten.

Madonna says she never has any regrets but I get the feeling she's embarrassed by that movie and ignores anything connected to it. WTG, CAC and TLOL are long overdue on tour but she seems to have grouped them in with True Blue, Cherish and Angel as songs she would rather sweep under the carpet - which makes me sad as they are all wonderful pop songs.

Does anyone have that clip of Perez asking M about CAC?

I've seen it but can't remember where. He also says he would love her to do "Rescue Me" and she says "Um, why...do you think you need rescuing"? lol

I've seen it but can't remember where. He also says he would love her to do "Rescue Me" and she says "Um, why...do you think you need rescuing"? lol

i remember seeing it - she said something on the lines of always forgetting the rhythm / lyrics to that song... (CAC)

Madonna says she never has any regrets but I get the feeling she's embarrassed by that movie and ignores anything connected to it. WTG, CAC and TLOL are long overdue on tour but she seems to have grouped them in with True Blue, Cherish and Angel as songs she would rather sweep under the carpet - which makes me sad as they are all wonderful pop songs.

She should regret Swept Away, Body of evidence and most of all The next best thing but not Who's that girl because with time it became more accepted and regarded as what it is : a goofy 80's comedy that does not take itself seriously.

The Look of love is one of her best ballads.

There are certain aspects of Madonna's career that is either forgotten or overlooked. Right now I'm reading "Madonna - Ambition. Music. Style" by Caroline Sullivan, and I get the same odd feeling as I had while reading Lucy O'Briens biography of Madonna. History has no time for certain aspects that seems important to many of Madonnas fans. (In Sullivans book The Blonde Ambition Tour is barely mentioned. The contoversy surrounding the Justify My love video is not mentioned at all).

The songs from Who's That Girl are brilliant in their own way, and should not be forgotten.

Love that book! I feel that she wrote it purposely to cover the albums and not the tours, so I was fine with Blonde Ambition being ignored. Plus did you notice that in the LAP chapter, almost every pic is from Blonde Ambition instead of the actual LAP videos and art work?

I love all four songs from WTG project!

I think WTG would be a fab concert closer. I don't know why she hates the song so much.

She should regret Swept Away, Body of evidence and most of all The next best thing but not Who's that girl because with time it became more accepted and regarded as what it is : a goofy 80's comedy that does not take itself seriously.

The Look of love is one of her best ballads.

That's how I feel, too. I remember liking Who's that girl as a kid before I knew who Madonna was.

Who's That Girl is the one for me. There's certain sadness and serenity to it that's hard to describe; I'm not sure if that was intentional but it hits me everytime. It's definitely bittersweet.

Who's That Girl is the one for me. There's certain sadness and serenity to it that's hard to describe; I'm not sure if that was intentional but it hits me everytime. It's definitely bittersweet.

I agree. It's a beautiful song.

Someofshane:

I did notice the pictures from BAT.

The writer wrote alot about the Pepsi Commercial, so I only hoped she would also explore BAT and its significance (as well as Justify My Love etc). My point was that, in retrospect some things is often neglected, hence the songs from Who's That Girl for instance.

Edited by Adamant

I have a love/hate thing going on with WTG the song. I feel like that #1 was for La Isla Bonita,and WTG just rode on the heels of its success.