"GHOSTTOWN" (single number 2)

From the Queen's own instagram: Coming Soon... GHOSTTOWN

Can we take this as confirmation that it is indeed single no. 2?

If yes, when and where and how will the video be upon us ?

Farewell LFL, hello GHOSTTOWN. It's official babes.

I think this evidence has been mounting to the point of no return! This is our second single!

MadonnaTribe reported a few days ago that the video would be released in early April, and both Drowned Madonna and MTribe have reported that it will be released to Italian radio on March 13. Presumably, it will be sent to radio across Europe around then

My guess is that she'll shoot the video (along with the Ellen extravaganza) next week.

I have a feeling that UK radio is already in on this which is why LFL was dropped so early.

Watch this get straight on to Radio 2's A-list and buoy the album in the Top 40 until the tour hits our shores. Trust.

But we do need an EVENT video. I hope the queen is reading our posts because LFL, as beautiful and (almost) iconic as it was visually and yes we would love to see the matador segment on the tour, was not an event video. GHOSTTOWN[ needs a video that will leave people gasping.

Unfortunately, it looks like LFL is done before the album even drops so I imagine that GT will follow very shortly and early April would seem about right.

MDNA project was over in two months in the UK and none of the recent tours stimulated the associated albums' sales.

It's a strong album but it needs radio airplay to get the interest now before it disappears.

She has been tagging Steven Klein a lot in all those Ghosttown's related posts on Instagram. Will he be the director of the video? Or Jonas Akerlund as previously said? Only time will tell :sassy:

Wasn't it already confirmed from the tapping of the new performances that will emerge next week?

I'm excited!

Unfortunately, it looks like LFL is done before the album even drops so I imagine that GT will follow very shortly and early April would seem about right.

MDNA project was over in two months in the UK

and none of the recent tours stimulated the associated albums' sales.

It's a strong album but it needs radio airplay to get the interest now before it disappears.

Thankfully she is in love with her album and very proud of it. She will continue to promote it I'm sure. So with or without the radio play the album will be on the news / media a lot! Of course I still hope radios will play her next singles too!! This album might have better legs than MDNA in the end.

Wasn't it already confirmed from the tapping of the new performances that will emerge next week?

I'm excited!

Yes, that's what I was thinking! On the Jonathan Ross show I think he said "your new single GhostTown"... But I've seen so much interviews that I'm not sure it was there :laugh:

Radio 2 has been playing Ghost Town for a while now. I've heard it a few times, and that's literally when I walk past the radio which is rare!

I didn't notice that before. Who thought that was a good idea?!

How is it not a good idea? Do you not listen to Madonna's music? Love is the most important thing in this world. It brings us together in times of need. And it's the only thing we need to survive.

"Ghosttown" is a perfect choice for second single.It has mainstream appeal.Everyone loves a good ballad of substance.

Yes, and it is the best song and best vocal on the album, in my opinion.

How is it not a good idea? Do you not listen to Madonna's music? Love is the most important thing in this world. It brings us together in times of need. And it's the only thing we need to survive.

You think envoking imaginary from 9/11 is a good idea? This has nothing to do with Madonna or her music. It just in bad taste. Is she going to show ISIS beheadings as well?

^ one could argue that the United States has become a ghosttown after 9/11. Sometimes I feel like I don't recognize my country anymore and wonder where are the people who care about where we are going and what we are doing? There are brief signs of life in protests and opinion but it feels as if voices are not being heard.

I think the song encourages people who care to stay strong even if they feel alone.

You think envoking imaginary from 9/11 is a good idea? This has nothing to do with Madonna or her music. It just in bad taste. Is she going to show ISIS beheadings as well?

I know I don't live in the United States so maybe should not comment but I think it is not in bad taste at all. In fact, I think it is showing that when things go so bad in life - and 9/11 was one of the bleakest, tragic and most terrifying days for so many Americans, people and love can still prevail. This has happened in New York and I think the song's message sums up the power of love and people holding on to each other and surviving.

I don't think it's in poor taste either. The song is a message about love surviving an apocalypse. New Yorkers are tough, and that is what happened, even just a few years after 9/11, never mind almost 15 years. Life went on, and love will go on after disaster. There are a lot of disasters happening in the world today. To court controversy would be to glamorize something like the ISIS beheadings or current tragedies that are still fresh in people's minds. I see the 9/11 video more as paying tribute.

I don't agree with the use of the imagery in any context (besides a memorial), but I understand what you all are saying.

Do you feel that way because 9/11 hits too close to home or another reason? Would you find it offensive if she used footage of the devastation in New Orleans after Katrina?

I'm not a New Yorker, but I don't understand how that is offensive.

I don't agree with the use of the imagery in any context (besides a memorial), but I understand what you all are saying.

I hear what you're saying, but what imagery do you think she should use then? Movie set "disasters" that have no real life impact? I think people have become desensitized to violence in cinema. I see this as a tribute and sort of a memorial in a way instead of being meant to provoke people.

I don't see that there's any controversy to be found here, and really, the only people entitled to feel offended are the survivors of the victims of 9/11. I don't want to speak for them, but I don't think there is anything disrespectful to be found here. At anniversaries, they've often said in interviews that they feel like people feel uncomfortable discussing 9/11 and that their loved ones have been all but forgotten. Just because tragedy happened, doesn't mean it can never be spoken of or referenced again. Life and love go on, but it's also okay to remember.

This isn't even the Ghosttown video yet, but even these backdrops did not just show the 9/11 attack in its entirety. That would be sensationalist. The images briefly used here were some of the least disturbing you could find to show and still recognize as the event. It's black and white, not color, and did not show the planes striking the towers. Something the media themselves really played to death. It did not show any horrific closeups. The only provocation I see is to remind people not to take peace and love for granted, but also not to lose hope in love in light of all of the horrors in the world. If people have issues with that message, the world is really in trouble.

Perfect choice as a second single. Should have been first single!! LFL sucks, it's too generic.

BTW what do you expect as third single?

I pray for Inside out. And pleeeeeeease: No Bitch-Song!

Perfect choice as a second single. Should have been first single!! LFL sucks, it's too generic.

BTW what do you expect as third single?

I pray for Inside out. And pleeeeeeease: No Bitch-Song!

no.

Will Universal bother to do anything for this great song? Or they are too busy pushing Rihanna, Sam Smith, Taylor Swift, Maroon 5, Ellie Goulding, Gaga, Katy Perry, Ariana Grance etc.?

I mean think about. They control pretty much most hot artists out there. The people who are responsible to push songs on radio have all these names who are 100% their own artists and they own all their catalog to push first, no wonder no resources are left for M.

Warner has only Ed Sheeran right now. :lol: He gets all the special treatment M used to get. 100% dedication.

Will Universal bother to do anything for this great song? Or they are too busy pushing Rihanna, Sam Smith, Taylor Swift, Maroon 5, Ellie Goulding, Gaga, Katy Perry, Ariana Grance etc.?

I mean think about. They control pretty much most hot artists out there. The people who are responsible to push songs on radio have all these names who are 100% their own artists and they own all their catalog to push first, no wonder no resources are left for M.

Warner has only Ed Sheeran right now. :lol: He gets all the special treatment M used to get. 100% dedication.

Warner are great. They've turned Ed Sheeran, a middling talent at best, into a global superstar. And MOR shit like Thinking Out Loud is enormous and is still played to death everywhere months after its peak. Madonna needs Warner back now!

This song is one of the best she has ever recorded. If this doesn't become a hit by word of mouth I don't know what would. I just hope she has a big budget for the video because it screams big budget. I have a feeling it would do well in spite of everything!