Glasgow - The Hydro - 20th Dec - last show before Xmas

Kim

I couldn't agree more Daphna, it's BLASPHEMOUS, even more so that it happened a second time around. How dare they?

Fucking bow down to the greatest performing artist that has ever existed. Who else could keep a crowd going with no lights,no screens, no sound, no nothing?

QUEEN OF THE UNIVERSE.

tzwtfxs9.jpg

Watch as Madonna is evacuated from Glasgow nightclub after partying all night following Hydro show THE star and her crew spent the night partying in a private VIP area after she was snuck in the back door from a three fleet convoy.

THE star and her crew spent the night partying in a private VIP area after she was snuck in the back door from a three fleet convoy.

QUEEN of Pop Madonna raced away from a Scots nightclub during a fire alarm after she spent the night partying following her last UK show of the year.

Her Madgesty ended her gig at Glasgow's SSE Hydro on a high with a private party at Glasgow's swish KOKOMO nightclub with around fifty of her close crew and dancers.

She arrived at the club shortly before one am in her black Range Rover followed by her convoy of three people carriers.

She snuck in the back door and was keen to party rather than chat.

However she ended up being evacuated from the club at 3am after the fire brigade turned up.

And passers by didn't even recognise they had a star in their midst.

The star's management contacted the venue a few days ago to check out the club's amenities for a VIP after show party.

Peter Kaminski JS79169999.jpg
Madonna wearing Japanese warrior-style

They were thrilled to have somewhere private where Madge could relax and party in stylish surroundings with close friends and crew.

The club's VIP Parlour room boasts a sumptuous red and black interior with plush velvety covered booths and slick mirror detailing.

Guests are offered a range of drinks Including house speciality cocktail the KOKOMO Ulysses, and staple classic An Aviation made up of gin, lemon juice, Maracino liqueur and Creme de violet.

It is believed that Madonna specifically requested a bottle of Dom Perignon Rose for her night out.

Light bites and snacks were also provided from the venue's sister pub Bunker.

John Blaen, creative director at KOKOMO said: "It's fantastic to have an artiste of Madonna's stature choose our venue for her private party. It was a privilege to have her in the club and see her having such a good time."

The dancers were having a fantastic time and one of them even brought a skateboard with them."

The singing legend who recently celebrated thirty years in the business showed she had real stamina as she danced the night away following her show.

However Madonna's night ended with a bit of extra action when the neighbouring club Bamboo's fire alarm was set off and the surrounding buildings had to be emptied.

Instead of escaping round the back of the club to catch her lift to her private jet at Glasgow airport the singer was forced to come out the front of the building.

Three fire engines surrounded the exits so the Material Girl sheepishly stepped through the crowds on the pavement into a silver people carrier during the surrounding commotion.

An onlooker said: "No one realised it was Madonna coming out the club and by the time they recognised her she'd sped away into the night."

Shortly after she jetted away from Scotland on her private plane.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/entertainment/music/music-news/watch-madonna-evacuated-glasgow-nightclub-7049230#ICID=sharebar_twitter

Video is inside the link, u can't see much but thought I'd post.

It was a great show, except for getting told by Hydro staff to sit down whilst dancing to Material Girl as its "a seated event". Me and the boyfriend where up the rest of the concert regardless. Fuck him!!!!

I think you must have been sitting two along from me? Block 231?

This is a great video. U can see the dancers hugging her, lifting her up at the end. Too bad we can't understand what she's saying.

Great!!! Love the guy singing so happy hahaha

But you can hear some kind of riff. I thought everything was disconnected! Now I understand how people could sing the whole song properly.

Oh it's wonderful

I think you must have been sitting two along from me? Block 231?

I was block 228, me and my partner and few other people were the only ones up dancing. I wish older people would not come to a concert if they are just going to sit there! I had a white Justify My Love single cover t-shirt and my partner had a black Bitch I'm Madonna one.

Yes they did.

https://www.instagram.com/p/_iJVDTzMn1/

montepittman Last show#rebelhearttour - They turned on the house lights & cut the power. But we kept going! (That was actually a lot of fun!). What a way to end an amazing year. Thanks to everyone for all the love, support, smiles, & enthusiasm! Have a great Holiday! See you in 2016!

Thank you!

They cut the sound during UB and then she hurried up the banana speech - although still audible in the arena.

Then when UB was done the houselights came on and everyone thought the show was over but she came out and did Holiday with little or no sound or lighting (just a spotlight following her around) and the crowd singing along. It was absolutely awesome!

Thank you! She is honestly one of the most awesome people :inlove:

But you can hear some kind of riff. I thought everything was disconnected! Now I understand how people could sing the whole song properly.

There was very faint music coming directly from the stage, but nothing from the amps and speakers around the arena.

She's talking and making signs, I think the mic was fucked since the beginning of the show/she couldn't hear herself

Yeah there also were some timing issues at the start of Burning Up, but after that techie changed her mic pack or battery all was ok

The Hydro say it was Madonna's people that pulled the plug.... from BBC

A spokeswoman for the venue said: "Madonna finished her agreed set and then chose to come on for another song.

"By that stage, all the power and control equipment had already been disconnected by her own production engineers. I would stress that this was not a venue decision."

Guest Rachelle of London

A spokeswoman for the venue said: "Madonna finished her agreed set and then chose to come on for another song.

"By that stage, all the power and control equipment had already been disconnected by her own production engineers. I would stress that this was not a venue decision."

A friend of mine put on Facebook that the venue staff were confused as to what was going on as they didn't know that the plug was going to be pulled....

Plot thickens

It just makes no sense that they even had recorded announcements in the foyer and outside before the show that it would finish late and to adjust travel plans if need be, plus saying the same thing in an email, for them to then cut it off.

Maybe they decided they wouldn't pay the fine or for the re-hiring of the venue.

She definitely said as she was leaving the stage after UB, something like (paraphrasing) "I'll do Holiday for Scotland" or something.

Oh well, it would just have been another Holiday (with a Santa hat) otherwise, so I'm glad really.

What a night!!!! I love M. Sidenote - that BU solo might be my fav part of the show

I luv it too.

That BU solo makes the best song ever, BU, even better.

I wonder if the farts from The Shammies awards have even heared about that song?

Do they know that 2 Madonna songs are the best songs ever:

1. Burning Up

2. Lucky Star?!

Probably not. No wonder their favourite female singer is Beyonce with so many Shammies.

Edited by waradula

This review of the show by dailyrecord.co.uk indicates that the SSE Hydro normally runs to an 11pm curfew, and also updated their article with the quote from the Hydro spokeswoman. Unlike the BBC article, they phrased the additional information as such:

A Hydro spokesperson said: “Madonna finished the agreed set, and then chose to come on for another song."

"By that stage all the power and control equipment had already been disconnected by the production teams.”

However, Madonna has performed Holiday as an encore throughout the tour.

The Hydro quote doesn't make sense to me. Wouldn't M's "agreed set" include the encore?

Here's the BBC News article, and with a glaring typo in the first sentence of the article too. :rolleyes:

The signer left the stage at the end of her Rebel Heart tour concert on Sunday.

She posted on instagram "don't try to silence the queen"..same goes for her dancers"fuck the curfew".., sounding like she was forced into it, but then the venue says it had nothing to do with that and her own team pulled the plug? what is going on here?

tumblr_nf9ra2_Kp_Ef1sxep94o1_250.gif

Now this new. A production that had the identical ending for all shows so far and all of a sudden Holiday is an instant choice. Interesting. Why is this even part of the statement? I mean if it was a mistake of one of her team members so be it. Make that the sole statement but don't add something that all fans know is untrue. Something doesn't add up here.

This review of the show by dailyrecord.co.uk indicates that the SSE Hydro normally runs to an 11pm curfew, and also updated their article with the quote from the Hydro spokeswoman. Unlike the BBC article, they phrased the additional information as such:

The Hydro quote doesn't make sense to me. Wouldn't M's "agreed set" include the encore?

Here's the BBC News article, and with a glaring typo in the first sentence of the article too. :rolleyes:

I don't suppose any of it really matters now, but the 11pm curfew is flexible and changes depending on the act that night.

The Daily Record is a tabloid, the BBC is, well, the BBC.

Old school Madonna didn't change her set, new school does, so we can't really go by that

She definitely mentions doing Holiday as she's leaving the stage after UB, possibly as a way of telling her people to keep the show going. Her own crew were literally starting to take the set apart as she sang Holiday.

Who knows? It all makes for a good story anyway.

Guest Rachelle of London

Maybe her team decided to pull the plug to avoid paying more. It was them that were dismantling the stage not the Hydro staff :lmao:

I dunno... This is fun and Glasgow got a unique show