REBEL HEART (song)

Not wanting to get into the demo verses released song debate. Love both versions a lot and still feel that we should not look back at demos and compare them to released songs at this point of time as no point now. However, I don't agree with people saying that the demo would not fit in on the album. Rebel Heart is diverse with lots of different sounds. The Demo would have fit in perfectly as does the version that is on the album. Madonna is one artist who has so many different songs and styles.

The Demo is thousands times better and its was a single material , though it would have sound very dated if it was released now

The album version is just ok , wish she reworkes for a more dance sound like devil pray

The Demo is thousands times better and its was a single material , though it would have sound very dated if it was released now

The album version is just ok , wish she reworkes for a more dance sound like devil pray

Still..def. you. Not just here but all over the net (You Tube etc..) *overwhelmingly people are in agreement about how much better the demo was. Basically wish it never leaked so I and others wouldn't have known about it! lol :/ But we did hear it and the orig. demo I still listen to constantly and is one of my favs from the album (which it technically isn't on)! :# lol.

I'm w/ you far as hit potential. Really dunno. As good as I and others think it was, don't know how well it would've done. Like LFL, many, many fans adore it and swore it was a hit, but I and some others didn't hear a hit. I truly think the demo of RH had more hit 'potential' esp. if it was tweaked up a bit and possibly a bit faster and had harder pop/rock guitars. Even as it was, it was basically perfect. Instead, we got a neutered, empty shell of a song :(. No clue why she/they didn't go w. the demo version after the endless positive reception that no doubt Guy etc.. saw!

And what could have become another uplifting Madonna anthem was neutered to forgettable filler material. I think that`s why Rebel Heart didn`t even make the album and was just included as a bonus track on the deluxe edition of the album.

Good point.

Agreed. I didn't like the previous version. That said, still not great to me. Sounds like a Tracey Chapman song with all that dull guitar

:lmao:

Yes. A Devil Pray kinda makeover by Dahi & Diamond would be amazing.

That would have been fantastic! I like Rebel Heart but I think it needed to be taken to the next level... it just seems kind of struggling for life, like the music is holding back the power of the lyrics.

I think the demo version would've fit in just fine on this album. It's very diverse. Wouldn't have felt out of place at all, to me. I love both versions but do prefer the demo.

Yes, but you don't 'get' the appeal of Ray of Light (song). :rotfl:

Sorry, won't ever let you live that one down. :lmao:

OMG Finally heard the Demo version for this song. I have to agree with most of you that is way superior than the final album version.

Is the only demo I wanted to hear and am glad that I have it now! :laugh:

If I had heard the album version first and the demo later I would still prefer the demo. Thank you for showing that some of us prefer the demo not only because we got used to it.

:lmao:

That would have been fantastic! I like Rebel Heart but I think it needed to be taken to the next level... it just seems kind of struggling for life, like the music is holding back the power of the lyrics.

Yes, but you don't 'get' the appeal of Ray of Light (song). :rotfl:

Sorry, won't ever let you live that one down. :lmao:

ROL was also a complete demo based on what WO posted recently :1251: I always thought that Madonna wrote the 2nd verse... :1251:

This song and WAOM are the only two demos I'd heard prior to release. So far, I like the final of this song much more than the final WAOM. This at least still has some energy, though not as much of the punch as the demo. But the final version is still one of my favorites off the album. I just wish they had kept the cheesy vocodered rebel heeaarrt, I was really fond of that part

This is one of the best songs Madonna has ever written. I am completely slayed by the combination of lyrics, vocals, and this AMAZING chorus.

What a fantastic way to end an album. Queen of album closers, now and always.

Someone needs to start a petition to have them fix the distorted drum. I hate when fans just bitch about everything but this is really something unforgivable. :s703:

At first I thought it was my headphones but tried with different ones and the distortion still there. Such a shame because I adore this song.

Isn't it entirely possible if it gets released as a single, they actually release the 'demo' version as the official single to radios and the public?!? There's next to 0 chance of the album version being a hit as it is on the album. LFL would be like a HU success IF they go w/ the album version. Happens all the time (a tweaked up or different version, a version w/ another singer/producer, an official single remix etc etc..). How on earth did/do they not know how much the majority of the public feels about the 2 VERY different versions. The demo is complete or close to 100% complete while the album version reeks from a first take demo :#.

It's now my favourite song on the album . What a journey .

Guest Rachelle of London

So finally listened. I'm sorry but why was everyone saying it shouldve been the lead single instead of LFL??? I dont even see it as a single let alone lead

This song is giving me life. The woman writes hooks and melodies as effortlessly as most people breathe.

Is it the one song on the album that is both rebel and heart?

So finally listened. I'm sorry but why was everyone saying it shouldve been the lead single instead of LFL??? I dont even see it as a single let alone lead

Did you listen to the demo version? That was lead single material.

Someone needs to start a petition to have them fix the distorted drum. I hate when fans just bitch about everything but this is really something unforgivable. :s703:

My sentiments exactly... I bought the CD hoping it was fixed, but nope, still there.

The song is lovely other than that... I just don't get this particular issue. It's not as noticeable when I play it on my speakers.