REBEL HEART (song)

WONDERFUL! It makes me so happy :D

Has the total essence of the avicci-ish demo. Just without that "breakdown" type thing it had going on. It fit's the album.

LOVE the lyrics to this song.

This will be a great sing a long on tour. It will be the new turn up the radio. It's gonna be a great moment. I'm already picturing it in my head!

I love this version and I don't mind the fact that the Avicii demo got reworked. This one is much more timeless.

Love how the instrumentation gets fuller with each repetition of the chorus.

The distorted sound of the drums sounds quite good as well. Imo it's an intentional production choice and not a mistake. Same as for "Voices" on Hard Candy.

Honestly I do not mind the album version. I do prefer the Avicci version though, but with an additional twist. I still think it could have been a greater song.

I love this version and I don't mind the fact that the Avicii demo got reworked. This one is much more timeless.

Love how the instrumentation gets fuller with each repetition of the chorus.

The distorted sound of the drums sounds quite good as well. Imo it's an intentional production choice and not a mistake. Same as for "Voices" on Hard Candy.

Oh shoot, I was hoping the drum distortion would be fixed when I bought the CD, lol.

Other than that, I really love the final version. Her voice fits it better or something. It is a very fresh and sweet song. So beautiful, I love it!

I THINK this is my favourite song on the album. In saying that, I love so many songs so maybe should say one of my favourites. This is the song which demo I had already heard so was familiar with the song. I loved the Demo and still love this version. The chorus is such a classic Madonna chorus and the song has such a great melody and lyrics. Love it with a passion.

I never liked that corny "rebel heearrtt". Something that would be on a Carly Rae Jepsen track. Too childish sounding.

I prefer the album version leaps and bounds. It's adult. It's acoustic-y. It's Madonna and not Avicci.

I never liked that corny "rebel heearrtt". Something that would be on a Carly Rae Jepsen track. Too childish sounding.

I prefer the album version leaps and bounds. It's adult. It's acoustic-y. It's Madonna and not Avicci.

Agreed. I didn't like the previous version. That said, still not great to me. Sounds like a Tracey Chapman song with all that dull guitar

She could have still incorporated the "rebel heeart" in some way, maybe not autotuned. Without it, the song sounds bland. It's one of those half-baked cakes that Madonna so much dislikes to serve up.

Still love the original in every way..sorry. One of best and most instant, total classic sounding Madonna songs in like forever. No doubt it wouldve done WAY more than LFL lol. I think the 'final' version is hollow, lifeless, and basically a mega wasted opportunity. NO idea why all the key hooks, vocals and core sound were neutered so dramatically. Dunno WHO heard something inferior w/ the demo vs the final LOL. Just sounds like forgettable filler now.

How can you guys replace the final? I like the demo as well, but it absolutely does NOT fit the sound of the album like the final version.....same with WAOM.

By placing it as the opening song on the album.

Still love the original in every way..sorry. One of best and most instant, total classic sounding Madonna songs in like forever. No doubt it wouldve done WAY more than LFL lol. I think the 'final' version is hollow, lifeless, and basically a mega wasted opportunity. NO idea why all the key hooks, vocals and core sound were neutered so dramatically. Dunno WHO heard something inferior w/ the demo vs the final LOL. Just sounds like forgettable filler now.

Sadly, I have to agree with what you say here.

At least we still have the original demo to listen to.

I personally prefer the final version.

If she had kept the demo version I'm certain the song would have been jeered for jacking... Avicii's 'Wake Me Up' style.

Anyways this song will be amazing Live once she busts out that guitar and turns it into an Arena anthem.

If she had kept the demo version I'm certain the song would have been jeered for jacking... Avicii's 'Wake Me Up' style.

they could have kept it upbeat and powerful though and still de-avicci-ed it. hmm i dunno.

they could have kept it upbeat and powerful though and still de-avicci-ed it. hmm i dunno.

It's still very much upbeat and powerful.

I think she envisioned this song being stripped down Live and the current version allows her to do that.

I think 'imo' the album version is gonna sound amazing Live way better than the Avicii sounding demo ever could.

Also fits the tone of the album better.

I just love this song. I did love the original demo but I still love the album version as well. It is one of her best songs to me ever to be honest. Big words I know but I love it that much.

I'm honestly gonna kill the next person I see complaining about the album version not sounding like the Avicii Mix.

NONE of the songs on the album have those cheap recycled synths and instruments he used on all his tracks. It would have sounded completely out-of-place. In fact, if you listen to his song "Wake Me Up" you cam hear the stems he recycled for this song. M saved the album and especially this song by ripping it off of those annoying synths. The way it is now is not the best it could have been, I agree. But it was never the best song to begin with. It's cute and it has a nice melody but it's not as edgy as the rest of the album. A re-work alá Devil Pray would have been nice but I think the stripped version makes more sense paired with the retrospective aspect of the lyrics.

Yeah I can't deal with ppl crying after that horrendously generic 2012 gay disco rehash aviccii sound the demo had. It almost eurovision-type horrible. She would have been murdered had she released that (as a single? omg the band wagoning on 2000-and-late). I much much prefer the final version, which is classy, adult, cohesive with the album etc., And btw, it's an direct insult to M to even talk about a early demo which YOU were never supposed to even hear.

Well, sorry, but Avicci demo was better than the album version. I do love the song, but it's a waste of opportunity. I know the demo wasn't original and sounds very avicci, but it was so catchy. the song is still good, the lyrics are strong, but it has lost its commercial and efficient sound.