MESSIAH

This song is absolutely amazing, one of the most beautiful things I've heard in my life :drama:

And when I realized that the strings at the end are the ones we heard on the snippet that Madonna posted last summer on Instagram, I was blown away... Everything in its right place... I think it was the first thing we've heard of this album, and on the album it's one of the last.

Amazing moment.

Does the album mix include the proper orchestral instrumentation or did they use a synth for the album version like with Masterpiece?

It includes real orchestral instrumentation.

Btw does anyone else hear the distortion at the beginning of the 2nd chorus during "I light a candle..." or is it just my copy?

Edited by Illuminati

Does the album mix include the proper orchestral instrumentation or did they use a synth for the album version like with Masterpiece?

Real instruments! It's really the strings we heard in the snippet posted by Madonna on Instagram... in July 2014! :laugh:

http://radio.com/2014/07/02/madonna-teases-new-song-messiah-listen/

Simply beautiful ballad. So rich and full of small details.

This album has so many gorgeous ballads it's unbelievable!

Guest madonnalovaus

What a heartbreaker of a song. I just adore it. I am right there with her - that determination and will to take into your own hands that which cannot be controlled. She is defiant till the end, but you know he may never wake up to find that he loves her too. The hope and the hopelessness. I mean it's open to interpretation but that's what it means to me and it means it profoundly and resoundingly in my soul. Beautiful.

Does anyone hear mixing issues during 1:51 (I light a candle...)? That part sounds fuzzy and it's due to overamplification. At first I thought it was my earphones being faulty but then I played it out loud and I still hear the error.

I have been listening all day and this song is just doing nothing for me! I want to like it, I'm trying. All of you love it so much. What am I missing?

I don't even know how it goes...

I much prefer Joan of Arc, HeartBreakCity and Ghosttown.

That's how I felt about the demo but I feel like the album version brought so much depth and life to it. It's one of my favorites now.

That's how I felt about the demo but I feel like the album version brought so much depth and life to it. It's one of my favorites now.

I listened to it today while out walking and I like it a little more

The line "don't wanna get to the end of my days saying I wasn't amazed"... did she use that before somewhere? it's so familiar.

She quoted it once on her IG back in April :) It took a while but I got used to the album version. I still miss the strings from the first leaked demo though.

Does anyone hear mixing issues during 1:51 (I light a candle...)? That part sounds fuzzy and it's due to overamplification. At first I thought it was my earphones being faulty but then I played it out loud and I still hear the error.

Yes, it's there. :( Such a gorgeous song though. I guess I'll replace that part with the demo vocals. :D

I am dead. DEAD. I don't know how to recover, and the strength has gone from my legs.

All other pop singers would cut off one of their fingers to write a melody this beautiful.

The lyrics, the vocals, the orchestra. Crying.

It includes real orchestral instrumentation.

Btw does anyone else hear the distortion at the beginning of the 2nd chorus during "I light a candle..." or is it just my copy?

Yes I hear it too.

Thankfully, it doesn't take away anything from the gorgeousness of the song! Absolutely adore it. Epic, haunting, beautiful, just everything!

Yes I hear it too.

Thankfully, it doesn't take away anything from the gorgeousness of the song! Absolutely adore it. Epic, haunting, beautiful, just everything!

I replaced the distorted vocals with those of one of the demos. :D

Her vocals are ON. POINT.

Especially towards the end. Such a fucking magical song. God, I'd be blaring this song if I ever experienced a rough breakup.

Madonna does that topic so well, but this song is the icing on the cake.

What a highlight!!!

Her vocals are ON. POINT.

Especially towards the end. Such a fucking magical song. God, I'd be blaring this song if I ever experienced a rough breakup.

Madonna does that topic so well, but this song is the icing on the cake.

What a highlight!!!

THIS. It's literally in the top of the top tier for her all time vocals. And that chorus melody. The orchestra. The lyrics.

:dramatic:

I love this song so much. Every bad-ass female artist has got to have that dark/sexy/emotional "witchy" track and I was beginning to think Frozen would be closest thing we'd ever get from Madonna. Low and behold, Messiah certainly fills the void for me. Love love love.