S.E.X.

Guest Pud Whacker

Well it really doesn't matter what the demo sounds like because it was never intended to be released and ultimately isn't her final "vision" of the song. And while I don't necessarily think it is a "joke" song, I definitely see a humorous aspect to it or at least a bit of tongue firmly planted in cheek, particularly during the "rap" portion.

well, i dont know it it wasnt intended as i just saw her with her grills falling out of her mouth explaining how kanye came in as rick rubin did with him and did a final overhaul production.

i def hear it as tongue in cheek. i love both versions.

Keyhole in relation to handcuffs and other contraption that is locked. So in this case, the thought of being 'locked' or being 'restrained' and the anticipation of waiting for someone to unlock the keyhole is sexy to her.

oh yeah, that's it.

25001373587774_I-just-found-handcuffs-a-

I love this song. I imagine that it's about some weird sex dungeon called "S.E.X." and you're walking through it, seeing all this freaky shit going on. At the end of the hall is a door and you walk through and it's a dark room with just one light hanging from the ceiling. All of a sudden you hear "A lesson in sexology" and out walks Grillzdonna all

madonna-grill-crop-636.jpg

and teaches you a lesson! :dramatic::rotfl: And after she spanks you, she kicks you out of the room and slams the door like in the end of the song. :rotfl: Seriously this song is amazing!

SCHTRAP IT ON!

madonna-grill-crop-636.jpg

The fucking grillz in this song! Outrageous!! They make her sound like she escaped the mental hospital and is going on a sex rampage.

:dead:

This song is absolutely insane, zero pretensions, totally badass.

If it were actually about something other than fucking, I could see it be her new Human Nature.

Guess who's back in da house.......

tumblr_m581be6rZX1r7e9vpo1_500.gif

S.E.X. is a song of LIFE!!!!

As I said in the Holy Water thread, I've been waiting for this Madonna to rear her head again...and boy did she ever!!!!

It's sexy, campy, hot, cheeky, and even slightly creepy. It's got that hot and cold vibe that JML and Erotica had, with an even more playful nature.

Also I see what Pud is saying...I've noticed a lot of folks just putting the sexy songs in the context of "just a joke"...which is only part of it though. Sure, they definitely, and deliberately, are tongue-in-cheek...but that doesn't mean there isn't also a sincerity to them as well. I think to just pass them off as 'humor' is missing the whole point. But anyway......

The production is hot, the rap is straight up Madonna, and the part where she goes "Sex, whatcha know 'bout sex...aaahhh, tell me whatcha know 'bout sex" is fucking BRILLIANT. I LIVE for that. (Almost wished it would repeat that near the end of the song).

For those out there not feelin' it.......byyyyeeeee.

tumblr_n2757upZCy1tovefho1_250.gif

Whoever doesn't like this song can go and stick their head in a blender!

Is blender a new kind of sex toy now? :lol:

This is by no means the disaster I was led to believe. There is no one more HEART than me, and I was expecting to be lukewarm toward this and Holy Water. I enjoy this, and the production is first rate.

OMFG that slamming door!

And this was the song that I heard the five second clip of in that interview before Nikki attached spoiler warning :laugh:

It's the New Candy Shoppe! I adore it!!!

Where's my boy IsaacHarris!?

People making this out like it's a total disaster for months, when it's really a deliciously dark and sexy jam with great production.

What’s that song saying?

It’s kind of a social commentary about the way everybody hooks up now and the lack of intimacy. When I made my “Sex” book I was being incredibly ironic, but I was also saying, “Look, it’s not only a man’s place to objectify a woman -- a woman can objectify herself too.” In the song “S.E.X.,” when I do the sort of rap in the middle and I do the list, I made myself sound like I have a lisp. Go back and listen to it. It’s meant to be ironic -- even though there’s some very handy items on that list.

“Holy Water” does that a little bit too. The double entendres are so over the top.

At this point all my songs about sex have to be tongue in cheek. There’s no other way I can approach it. Since exploring sexuality has been such a big part of my career as an artist, I felt like I wanted to address it, but almost from a voyeuristic way, like I’m on the outside looking in.

In a way these songs don’t even seem interested in pleasure. “S.E.X.” talks about breaking the bed, but you don’t sound like you’re having much fun.

Hmm.

There’s a loneliness to it, which I suppose is the voyeurism.

I don’t think love is involved. But remember that I did the record with Kanye, and he has a very specific point of view about sexuality, which I find amusing. It’s not meant to be sexy.

What if a listener doesn’t grasp that?

Well, let’s face it: There’s lot of subtleties in life that are hard for most people to grasp. Don’t you think?

This is by no means the disaster I was led to believe. There is no one more HEART than me, and I was expecting to be lukewarm toward this and Holy Water. I enjoy this, and the production is first rate.

OMFG that slamming door!

And this was the song that I heard the five second clip of in that interview before Nikki attached spoiler warning :laugh:

I love the bark!