VENI VIDI VICI

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME WHY THIS ISN'T ON THE STANDARD?!!!

I know the standard is redundant but really? Holy Water over this?!!!

This song is fucking incredible! This is a stand out amongst this new batch of songs. i love the production. I love Nas and how he is all through the song. His rap is fucking EPIC! M's voice is soft and beautiful.

The chorus and the verses are different but it all somehow works :dramatic:

Again, Nas on this track is THE SHIT.

This song is fucking incredible! This is a stand out amongst this new batch of songs. i love the production. I love Nas and how he is all through the song. His rap is fucking EPIC! M's voice is soft and beautiful.

The chorus and the verses are different but it all somehow works :dramatic:

Again, Nas on this track is THE SHIT.

Yes, I share ur frustration...I guess they had to put some stand alone songs on the deluxe etc as an incentive to buy that...because this tune is the shyt, love everything about it.

I love how she references so many of her hit songs while describing her life. Just so clever and it is a great song. Love Nas's rap as well. He is so powerful and a great contrast to Madonna's sweet vocals. It just all gels together perfectly.

I must be deaf from years of dancing in discotheques, but where exactly is the musical reference to Holiday? Is it in the horn key progression?

I don't hear a Holiday melody either. :huh:

I must be deaf from years of dancing in discotheques, but where exactly is the musical reference to Holiday? Is it in the horn key progression?

It's the horn progression that comes in during Nas's rap.

The first song I thought of with the horns is 4M......I'm gonna have to listen for the Holiday reference. I still can't hear the supposed ROL and LAP samples either......maybe I need better headphones! :-/

It's the 7 notes in the opening bars of the album version of Holiday, in horn form. Maybe I've watched too many tour remixes, but those notes are instantly recognizable to me. :lmao:

I just listened and I can see why you say that, it does have a similar progression......not so sure that's an intentional thing, but not too far fetched considering the song.

As far as I'm concerned,the Super Deluxe Edition is the *only* version that matters :) That's the full,complete album right there.

I love this song.Nas' rap is great.

I just listened and I can see why you say that, it does have a similar progression......not so sure that's an intentional thing, but not too far fetched considering the song.

It's the same progression, not similar. You can hear it better on the Reinvention Tour mix, the piano chords that kick in at the beginning after she sings "it would be so nice!" It gives VVV that triumphant feel that Holiday always brings to mind live. I came, I saw, I conquered.

I love how she references so many of her hit songs while describing her life. Just so clever and it is a great song. Love Nas's rap as well. He is so powerful and a great contrast to Madonna's sweet vocals. It just all gels together perfectly.

I think it's so clever too. And not that we forgot or anything, but it reminds people of all of the iconic songs she's had. I just love this song to death! :inlove:

As far as I'm concerned,the Super Deluxe Edition is the *only* version that matters :) That's the full,complete album right there.

exactly!

i pity the poor souls who will choose to buy the standard version...losers! :laugh:

Nas rap is EVERYTHING. Not feeling Madonna's rap, especially the 'I saw a Ray of Light'...

The Holiday horns :wow:

oh shut the fuck up!...please :s98: ...the song is perrrfekt

I think the standard edition deserved a different tracklist. They literally just cut it off after WAOM. Why? Are the tracks after that inferior? It makes no sense. I guess M listed the songs from favorite to least favorite.

I think the standard edition deserved a different tracklist. They literally just cut it off after WAOM. Why? Are the tracks after that inferior? It makes no sense. I guess M listed the songs from favorite to least favorite.

This is going off topic now, but they have to give people reasons to buy the deluxe and the super deluxe. Sadly if people settle for buying the standard, they'll be missing out on many of the best songs.

I am completely obsessed with "Veni Vidi Vici"... verse two is orgasmic leaving me no choice but to repost this:

I expressed myself

tumblr_mkp5rjiFS31qkzr9fo1_500.gif

came like a virgin down the aisle

tumblr_mkwlprLGim1qkzr9fo1_r1_500.gif

Exposed my naked ass and I did it with a smile

vmas_1_318.gif

And when it came to sex

980_large_1.jpg

I know I walked the borderline

tumblr_lka96s0utL1qa74kvo1_500.gif

And when I struck a pose

tumblr_lznyo2ev3r1qa5k3go1_500.gif