WASH ALL OVER ME

i'm glad i have the demos...I love both the album and Avicii demo version...as much as i love all the demos for Iconic.

WAOVM has wonderful lyrics and will join plenty of wonderful songs which never got performed live or released as singles etc.

I wonder how much depends on what you heard first.

For me, the album version is easily one of her all time best songs: spellbinding and gorgeous.

I heard the album version first. It's got a delightful, experimental sound. I love it.

When I heard the demo, it didn't do anything for me. I like it, but I like the album version better.

I heard the album version first. It's got a delightful, experimental sound. I love it.

When I heard the demo, it didn't do anything for me. I like it, but I like the album version better.

I heard the demo first but I still prefer the album version. :laugh:

For me, the album version is easily one of her all time best songs: spellbinding and gorgeous.

When I finally listened to the demo, it sounded silly to me, like one of those remixes they did so often in the 90s to make Celine Dion ballads danceable for instance.

I would also be curious as to whether people who don't like the album version tend to dislike her ballads in general.

It sounds like people who heard the demo first think she ruined it, but to me hearing the album version first, there is no way this was meant to be a dance song.

We may never know ... but we can all be happy with our preferred version.

I couldnt describe it better.

I heard the demo first. I liked it, but it was very LQ. Then she released the album and WAOM was totally changed. It's not a bad song, but it's just too slow for me. It doesn't go anywhere.. that been said, I'm also happy she didn't release the Avicii version. It would have been dated much more sooner and sounds more Avicii than Madonna track.

• 2 weeks later...

I heard the demo first. I liked it, but it was very LQ. Then she released the album and WAOM was totally changed. It's not a bad song, but it's just too slow for me. It doesn't go anywhere.. that been said, I'm also happy she didn't release the Avicii version. It would have been dated much more sooner and sounds more Avicii than Madonna track.

Well, if you didn't hear the demo first, you would'nt think it too slow.

Those leaks sure didn't help anything...

-----

In the Avicci remix, it's quite obvious that her voice doesn't really fit the song although remaining a catchy dance song.

Gorgeous ballad for me. I need a good break though... I miss it

SOMA my friend you've got to re-consider. Pull up a nice chair, get a glass of wine, put on your best headphones/speakers... And let the song take you. It definitely goes somewhere!!! By the time the third chorus kicks in and the music stops... all the way to the end in which you can simply "see" Madonna sitting like a Buddha repeating "let it wash over me" like a mantra... It takes you somewhere.

Well, if you didn't hear the demo first, you would'nt think it too slow.

Those leaks sure didn't help anything...

-----

In the Avicci remix, it's quite obvious that her voice doesn't really fit the song although remaining a catchy dance song.

Gorgeous ballad for me. I need a good break though... I miss it

It's funny because I was at the gym the other time and I was just thinking the opposite. How, clearly, her voice completly fit the uptempo version but seems out of place on the album version...

In the end, I guess it's all a matter of taste.

Neither version sounds finished to me. I loved the demo, particularly the intro with the strings, but it still felt like it needed work.

I was excited to hear Kanye was going to rework the song, after hearing what he did with BGO. I was expecting something like Frozen meets Swim meets Yeezus.

Instead, I was disappointed it just plods along, in my opinion.

It's funny because I was at the gym the other time and I was just thinking the opposite. How, clearly, her voice completly fit the uptempo version but seems out of place on the album version...

In the end, I guess it's all a matter of taste.

No, sometimes in the demo, the voice is really out of place. You feel it was not meant to be like that.

She would have sung it differently on a beat like the demo one, obviously.

The first demo that leaked sounds rough but the 4th one sounds really finished. It's the one where there is only

One drop at the end and that's my favorite with the distorted voices going "wash all over meeeeeee over meeeeee let it wash all over meeeee"

When I finally listened to the demo, it sounded silly to me, like one of those remixes they did so often in the 90s to make Celine Dion ballads danceable for instance.

I would also be curious as to whether people who don't like the album version tend to dislike her ballads in general.

It sounds like people who heard the demo first think she ruined it, but to me hearing the album version first, there is no way this was meant to be a dance song.

We may never know ... but we can all be happy with our preferred version.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

THIS. THIS. THIS.

The first piano-only demo really kind of shows how much it was probably always meant to be a proper ballad. It was so hauntingly beautiful from the get-go.

The final album version is one of the best songs on the album...and one of her most beautiful ballads ever. Hands down.

I think if they had kept the Taiko drums on the tour, it would have made an incredible live version with a new feel.

As fun and exciting as the first leaked demo was (I think demo 2), I'm so glad she didn't go that route.

Now, if the song had been a single, the Avicii mixes mixed properly with more development would have made fine remixes.

When I heard the demo I thought: oh this is bad, did she recruit Junior Vazquez?

I would have never thought such a crappy demo could be transformed into one of my favorite RH songs.

The greatest thing about this demo is how good every verse sounds, how the words rhyme and how Madonna sings them. Love everything about the feeling this songs creates. The demo definitely needed rework as it sounded it was going nowhere. Sad she doesn't perform this on tour though :mellow:

IMHO, the original version is the best song on the album. It's the only song that I have played over 100 times in my car. The chorus is like drugs to me. Too bad Madonna was very insecure and desperate for hits to change the original song.

Edited by cindycgy

IMHO, the original version is best song on the album. It's the only song that I have played over 100 times in my car. The chorus is like drugs to me. Too bad Madonna was very insecure and desperate for hits to change the original song.

And you know that how?

And if she was "desperate for hits", why wasn't the album version released as a single? Oh wait...it never was (and was probably never planned to be).

And the "original version" of the song - the first piano demo - is basically the closest thing to what the final album version is based on. It was originally conceived as a ballad.

And you know that how?

And if she was "desperate for hits", why wasn't the album version released as a single? Oh wait...it never was (and was probably never planned to be).

And the "original version" of the song - the first piano demo - is basically the closest thing to what the final album version is based on. It was originally conceived as a ballad.

I agree with everything you said.

And "desperate for hits" is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. I'd say this album is the exact opposite of that, and I hardly think that the flawless, gorgeous ballad that is "Wash All Over Me" was her bid for Top 40 airplay :laugh:

Guest Medoner

Generic, dated, boring, silly, whatever you like to call it, i cant see it. The demo made me feel a totally new way, i think its absolutely phenomenal and shouldve been a big release. I like the album version too, its amazing how haunting it is

The upbeat demo version is amazing and far superior to the horrible, tacky, dull boring snoozefest that is the album version. Even the other acoustic demo is better than the album version.

Her voice on the upbeat demo is amazing, so

formal, posh with upper class attitude. Shows

how powerful and what a true, classy diva she really is. I just can't get enough of it, especially on the verses.

The upbeat demo version is amazing and far superior to the horrible, tacky, dull boring snoozefest that is the album version. Even the other acoustic demo is better than the album version.

how powerful and what a true, classy diva she really is. I just can't get enough of it, especially on the verses.

YES!!!

I couldn't agree more.

Edited by cindycgy

I agree with those of you who say her vocals are better in the final version of WAOM. In the Avicci version her vocals were overpowered by the beat. But as a ballad, she makes it sound gorgeous!

Also, I still think the meaning behind the lyrics have to do with the events in the world, rather than her becoming older.

Thanks. !!

I will never understand why some of you need to put some things down in order to appreciate or justify liking others things better. I'm going to assume you are still in high school and insecure.

But just remember, it's a very un-Madonna thing to do...

totally agree with Some and Voguemusic....

no comment needed for "desperate" thing....

and ok not liking a song version....but call it horrible, tacky, dull says a lot about.........